Author Topic: 2015 Tour  (Read 49399 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: 2015 Tour
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:34 AM »
is the rumor that they were practicing "I Love You" at the rehearsals false or is anything truth on it?..

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2015, 12:38:20 PM »
I hope it's true. Their setlist needs an overhaul. It's always the same songs over and over.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
Where do people even hear these rumors? Apparantly I was way to lame for the latest gossip in school already and it's just story of my life pretty much^^

I'd love to hear them play Cyanide Sun and Please Don't Let It Go (Hollola) which is probably never going to happen -_-

I was wondering how often/much they actually enjoy playing their own stuff. I mean, on the one hand it's what they created themselves. But on the other hand I can't even imagine how often they played all that and how many thoughts were spent on each detail (that I probably didn't even notice <.<), it has to get annoying. How often do they really think: 'This bit/song is so great, I forgot how awesome it is' or 'I love this so much, even after all this time'?
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2015, 02:23:28 AM »
these rumors and gossips are always there, its like "one old lady said".... few of these rumors in the past were actually truth, but most is just probably fan fiction made by fan just to get attention i dont know
but i wanna hear Resurrection no matter what and if they will have the same setlist as they had in 2013 with less ToT songs it will be so bad

for me it seems like they think this way : "these (babl,rotwoab,wicked,join,funeral,666,rhima,kod) are our most known singles/hits we must play them so people will recognize them and enjoy them the most as they are most known" ..... but i think they are so far from the reality in that
This is OK for a festival where there is most of the people non-HIM fans so it is reasonable, but at their show where every head in the crowd is here because of them and is there becuase he likes them, even rare songs like Dont Close Your Heart which is a terrible album filler song would be well appriciated and the reaction from the audience would have been great.

I like the love metal archives setlist because of these two - Pretending & Heartache Every Moment. If they will have Pretending in the setlist this tour i will be half happy as its one of their best songs and i love it. If they will do some older gems like - Beyond Redemption or I Love You - i will be as happy as if they did And Love Said No, which is after Resurrection my most wanted song that i wanna hear live

but if you look at it -
they are doing - RHIMA , Join Me and Poison Girl all the time (poison girl was retired for 2013 only)
they did Bury Me Deep in 2009 at Helldone
they did Razorblade Kiss last year
they did Death Is In Love With Us at 2013 helldone
they did Gone with the sin in 2012 at Helldone and in Turku + last year
I think from Razorblade Romance album if they wanna do something from that album - the only TWO songs that are so underrated and skipped by the band since its release are - Resurrection + I Love You
they did I Love You only few times in 1998 and 1999 when it was still unreleased and they did White House version with Juska . And they did Resurrection only in 2000 because they only had 2 albums so they played most of the album songs back in the days and they did Resurrection during 2004 tour , since then not a single time.
I think this should be the YEAR, so Ville, Linde, Mige, Burton or whoever - i prayed every night for the Resurrection in your setlist for the Fezen or Bratislava gigs, please - you will please more than one soul ....

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:30:29 AM by 616 »

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
I will sacrifice my right lung for Endless Dark

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »
I just want this band to get their balls back. That's all. I miss how much of a badass rock band they used to be.

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
That comment reminds of what Bam said about them recently.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »
That comment reminds of what Bam said about them recently.

Well, what did he say?

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »
 “Favourite band to see live?
Let’s see… live, man I’ve seen so many fucking shows because I won a club and been on many tours, best band live… I would have to say HIM in their earlier days just because it was new and fresh, then Ville went to rehab and he kind of turned anti-social and kind of lost his mood, it seemed like for a little while he was just going through the motions, but when the band was in their prime I would say them.”
—     

Bam Margera_April 29, 2015

---------------

I had to dig through tumblr to find that, which is why I didn't post it to start with. But it wasn't as hard to find as I expected.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »
i have to agree with Bam

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2015, 03:26:36 PM »
I saw that the other day for some reason and I too agree but unfortunately was too young to see them in their prime so YouTube videos will have to do. But I would say after the atrocity that was Helldone 2012 where I didn't think he'd ever get his voice back he's back to a decent level and the shows are enjoyable again. I guess we'll see in a few weeks and maybe find out who the drummer is unless they stick them behind a curtain to keep the secret.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
lolsob...

Yeah, sounds pretty sad actually. I was too young back then as well. But to me it feels kinda weird watching videos from gigs years and years ago.

The good thing for me is that I want to like it so much, I'll be happy anyway. Don't disillusion me, guys^^

And thanks for digging through tumblr for this!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:38:11 PM by Kaysa »

DSC5LU

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2015, 12:44:47 AM »
lolsob...

Yeah, sounds pretty sad actually. I was too young back then as well. But to me it feels kinda weird watching videos from gigs years and years ago.

The good thing for me is that I want to like it so much, I'll be happy anyway. Don't disillusion me, guys^^

I don't agree with Bam at all. Having seen them over the years, they are only getting better. I'm not big on Ville playing guitar now, especially since it has taken focus away from his vocals, but the band was tighter than ever at the Fillmore last year. I would have to say that 2010 was their best tour sound-wise though. Don't let the nostalgia hounds spoil your excitement or distort your experience, any HIM show is better than the best show by any other band.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
lolsob...

I don't agree with Bam at all. Having seen them over the years, they are only getting better. I'm not big on Ville playing guitar now, especially since it has taken focus away from his vocals, but the band was tighter than ever at the Fillmore last year. I would have to say that 2010 was their best tour sound-wise though. Don't let the nostalgia hounds spoil your excitement or distort your experience, any HIM show is better than the best show by any other band.
I don't know... Blue October's performance that Jay and I just saw was by far the best concert I've been to and easily better than any HIM performance I've seen. I hate to admit it, cause I don't want it to be true, but to be brutally honest, the HIM shows I've attended were kinda boring. Sure, the sound was great, but they don't put on much of a show anymore.

I don't know what Jay thought about the show, but he did seem very surprised and had a lot of fun. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.  8)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:41:07 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
I agree with Bam, too. I've seen them pre-rehab and post-rehab.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
In my country we have a proverb about this: "the alcohol does not forgive anyone"

Offline Jay

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
lolsob...

I don't know... Blue October's performance that Jay and I just saw was by far the best concert I've been to and easily better than any HIM performance I've seen. I hate to admit it, cause I don't want it to be true, but to be brutally honest, the HIM shows I've attended were kinda boring. Sure, the sound was great, but they don't put on much of a show anymore.

I don't know what Jay thought about the show, but he did seem very surprised and had a lot of fun. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.  8)

I do agree that the bands we saw still had energy (to be fair, most were newer bands) and appeared to be excited to be playing.  Blue October has been around a while, but they still seemed into their music.  We purposely skipped Shinedown's set because...Shinedown. 

HIM just seems to be content to get their 1 hour show in and move on.  I'm sure it's hard to get up to playing the same damn songs over and over again and they may be too lazy at this point to rehearse some of the deeper tracks.  We've discussed before how they can easily manage 2 hours if they wanted to, but even just another half hour would be good enough to add in some fresh tracks.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2015, 02:44:45 AM »
summer setlist:
PASSIONS
RHIMA
SURPRISE-WICKED GAME
BABL
PRETENDING
VAMPIRE/LONELINESS
JOIN ME
KOD
RESURRECTION/SACRAMENT
HEARTKILLER
WLADE
ROTWOAB
FUNERAL/BURY ME
ITS ALL
POISON GIRL
______
NO LOVE/FOR YOU
REBEL

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:57:28 AM by 616 »

Offline EvilRob

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2015, 07:50:58 AM »
summer setlist:
PASSIONS
RHIMA
SURPRISE-WICKED GAME
BABL
PRETENDING
VAMPIRE/LONELINESS
JOIN ME
KOD
RESURRECTION/SACRAMENT
HEARTKILLER
WLADE
ROTWOAB
FUNERAL/BURY ME
ITS ALL
POISON GIRL
______
NO LOVE/FOR YOU
REBEL
SURPRISE = new HIM song?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »
@EvilRob - i wrote : SURPRISE - Wicked Game - that was ironic LOL, most overplayed song

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »
@Jay Yeah, it's hard to admit for a fan, but HIM gigs do tend to be way too short. I remember my first concert in December 2001 in Warsaw - it was exactly 60 minutes and I felt bitterly disappointed. The next one I attended, in June 2013 (also in Warsaw, and they haven't visited Poland in between!) was 80-85 minutes, which was better, but still not good enough (but that was a festival appearance). Now I'm going to a gig on August 5 (guess what, in Warsaw!) and I seriously hope it's gonna last some 100 minutes at least...

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »
Anyone else having withdrawals?? I miss the guys being out there in the spotlight.  I've listened to my diehard bundle a gazillion times over now. 

I read through the comments and have to say I don't agree with what Bam said.  For someone who is probably old enough to be everyone's "auntie", and has frequented many of concerts from all sorts of bands, I can say with certainty that I have never been to a HIM show that sucked.  These guys sound AMAZING live - they have their shit together and you won't ever see a drunk Linde effin up a guitar solo or Mige not trying to engage the crowd a bit.  I've been to concerts where the dude singing forgets the lyrics, can't hit any notes and the guitarist was out of tune...band members drunk and stumbling on stage (yes, can you tell I'm a 80s hairband chick? LOL).......so I honestly appreciate the measures that HIM puts in place to perform an excellent show. 

Footage from the earlier shows look fun and Ville did seem to have a bit more spark and spunk in his commentary, but he's gotten older and I think he just takes what he's doing really seriously.  I dunno, just my perception.  And sure, there could be a little more interaction with the crowd, but I also feel like the band feeds off the vibe they get from the audience.  If the audience sucks and is just standing their picking their asses, it's hard to get excited on stage. I've been to some shows where I was amazed at how dull the crowd was and felt like the guys didn't know how much we really appreciated them and were glad they performed.  For me, they will always be my favorite and I know that I'll get my money's worth seeing them perform.  I do, however, feel like they need to revamp the set list.  But I also feel like the reception at some of the shows here in the US for the archives tour could have been better.  I saw the footage of them singing Love's Requiem and people looked bored....man, if I would have been there I would have died! That's one of my favorites!!!

Okay, rant done.

Hope everyone is doing well!!  And dammit, will they tell us who is drumming already!?!

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2015, 06:04:28 PM »
Bratislava, Slovakia is sold out....well done! :)

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
So, according to the facebook page of HIM Norway, Helldone 2015 is confirmed - and this years tour is named 'Tour Of The Middle Aged MMXV' :D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:48:49 PM by Kaysa »

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »
Love it!