Author Topic: Random HIM question thread  (Read 196473 times)

Offline JetBlack944

Re: Random HIM question thread
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2005, 12:33:58 AM »
Yea, except the tattoo artist was probably Hank from Amsterdam or whatever his name is. I don't know about him, but I'm not up to tattooing another guys dick.

And anyways, is this dick tattoo confirmed or just rumor? Like how do you know it for sure. The big thing that always made me disbelieve it is that it's not talked about in the Tatt's Life article in Metal Hammer or Kerrang or whatever it is... But I'll put it down if you know for sure...

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2005, 09:16:28 AM »
Sup, I'm trying to compile a list of HIM's tattoos. Mostly I'm in need of Migé's, but I know I'm probably missing some others. I know Gas just got some, and who knows about Burton? And if anyone has any more information on what I do have, that would be helpful.

Check out this site.  Click on the bios and scroll down to tattoos.  It lists all their tats with pics.

http://www.heartaclub.com/bio_ingl.html

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2005, 12:37:10 PM »
Thank you, those are very helpful. Does anyone know exactly what the tattoos on Mige's arm actually are? I can't figure it out. And what tattoo did Migé recently get that he regrets now? What exactly are on Gas's arms?

Offline Lori

« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »
Supposedly, Mige's said "meat is murder" I don't know if there was a graphic with the words, though.

DarkBlackSails

« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
Yea, except the tattoo artist was probably Hank from Amsterdam or whatever his name is. I don't know about him, but I'm not up to tattooing another guys dick.

And anyways, is this dick tattoo confirmed or just rumor? Like how do you know it for sure. The big thing that always made me disbelieve it is that it's not talked about in the Tatt's Life article in Metal Hammer or Kerrang or whatever it is... But I'll put it down if you know for sure...

It's in Synnin Viemaa.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 06:16:20 PM by DarkBlackSails »

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2005, 03:02:27 PM »
oh also he got the "S" covered up with a heartagram

Offline province

« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2005, 03:06:36 PM »
4. Stylized 'S' on around left nipple, covered by Heartagram

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
my bad, guess i wasn't really paying that much attention

Offline Pure Fing Sweetness

• Laura Do Or Die
  • Made Man
  • We are forever crucified to a dream
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2005, 07:57:44 PM »
FYI Burton doesn't have any tattoos. He's the odd ball as Ville kind of puts it.
*Trend Setter*

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »
FYI Burton doesn't have any tattoos. He's the odd ball as Ville kind of puts it.

Awesome, I'll put that down...

its on synin vienema

Yea, I know, I said I originally read it in Synnin Viemää, I just didn't know if Ville was joking or not. But I'll go ahead and put it down.

Supposedly, Mige's said "meat is murder" I don't know if there was a graphic with the words, though.

Yea, I remember it now. I thought I remember hearing it had a graphic with it, but I could be wrong. Anyone know where he got it?

I'm still trying to figure out what Migé's tattoos are supposed to be, and what Gas now has on his arms.

EndlessDark

« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2005, 06:35:06 AM »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 06:38:42 AM by EndlessDark »

Offline province

« Reply #361 on: July 17, 2005, 10:14:43 AM »
Uh, no she hasn't?

Offline NEGATIVE nancy (freewm3)

• Associate
  • The only game I know is strip solitaire
    • My myspace
« Reply #362 on: July 17, 2005, 02:20:49 PM »
she was lindes

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #363 on: July 17, 2005, 06:10:50 PM »
I thought she was Ville's girlfriend in high school, then she somehow ended up with Linde and they broke up right before recording GLV666, so Linde didn't want to be in the studio while she recorded it. If she wan't ever with Ville I know I definatly remember something about she had a crush on him in high school or something like that.

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #364 on: July 17, 2005, 06:27:57 PM »
oh also he got the "S" covered up with a heartagram

Ville has Changed alot lately, i really think its kool, he seems more ethusiastic about the band as well, Rock am Ring 2005 & Download 2005 proved that cause his voice was brilliant, unlike Tavastia 01.01.04 when he sounded like his chest was going to explode.

Offline province

« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2005, 11:46:38 AM »
I thought she was Ville's girlfriend in high school, then she somehow ended up with Linde and they broke up right before recording GLV666, so Linde didn't want to be in the studio while she recorded it. If she wan't ever with Ville I know I definatly remember something about she had a crush on him in high school or something like that.

Synnin Viemää, page 72 -

"...June is an old school mate of mine, she lived in the same house [=a block of flats] that I did with my parents from first grade on. Her dad is English and her mom is Finnish, which explains why she pronounces English so well. She's an old crush from elementary school, and we ended up in the same junior high school and on the same class. She started going out with Linde and they were together for probably six years. If I remember correctly, Linde wouldn't have liked her to come to the studio 'cause they'd just broken up, and he didn't want to be there when June was singing."

Whether he had a crush on her (or she on him) is irrelevant. It doesn't make two people an item. ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:47:27 PM by province »

Offline HRebelIYellM

• Mobbed Up
  • "My heaven is wherever you are"
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2005, 01:54:42 PM »
My Random Question:  Why don't they just call HIM Ville Valo? 
I mean the band now is basically Ville Valo with a backup band. :-[

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2005, 04:01:18 PM »
I've been over at the Daniel Lioneye site and I found a translation of the interview, but I'd like to hear a good translation of the Biography, I was even so nice to type it up:

Biographie

Im Reich der Rockzeitrechnung ist ein neuer Staat entstanden. Was zuerst als heitere Treibjagd mit Gitarren an einem Tresen zwischen heir und Helsinki aus der hohlen Hand geplant wurde, hat so konkrete Formen angenommen, dass wir nun ein komplettes Album unter der federführenden Signatur von Daniel Lioneye präsentieren können.

Dahinter verbergen sich HIM-Gitarrero Lily Lazer (aka Daniel Lioneye) als musikalischer Kopf des Ganzen. Reizend und geschmackssicher paart sich hier auf musikalischem Nährboden tiefschwarzer Elvis-Gesang, düstere und steinerweichende Rock-Riffs, gut gebettet in polternde John Bonham-Rhythmen. Ein echtes Wunder, denn hinter der Beatmaschine sitzt niemand geringeres als Ville Valo himself. Und selbst am Bass gibt sich Bad' Migé Amour die Ehre, um das HIM-Allstartrio zu komplettieren.

Ansonsten life alles sehr schnell in einer Art Raketentempo, der komplette Produktionsvorgang hat ganze fünf (!) Tage in Anspruch genommen. Das Endprodukt hinderlässt eine Lebendigkeit, die sich wahrlich gewaschen hat.

Mit nur knapp bemessener Probenzeit, und einem Konzert auf dem Provinsrockfestival in Finnland vor einer Publikumsschar vo 20,000 Leuten poltert das Album mit seiner geglückten Rauhbeinigkeit und zahllosen Zitaten aus 50 Jahren Rock vielen Fans von epischen Monstersongs direct ins Gemüt.

Produziert hat das Album übrigens Hiili Hiilesmaa, der auch schon für das erste HIM-Album 'Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666' zuständig gewesen ist.

Die Frage, ob das Bandprojekt ein langfristiges Unterfangen oder einfach nur eine kurzweilige Spasspause für zwischendurch ist, antwortet dann Mr. Lioneye wie folgt: 'Na klar, da haben wir natürlich einige Gedanken verschwendet, die Zeit wird das hoffentlich irgendwann beantworten, doch im Moment haben wir mit HIM mehr als genug zu tun.'

Aber in der opulenten Thanxlist warden selbst Grüβe an David Coperfield gesendet, vielleicht verleihen diese ja Zauberkräfte.

Offline HRebelIYellM

• Mobbed Up
  • "My heaven is wherever you are"
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2005, 03:14:41 PM »
What is that translated to??  Cuz it isn't in English.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2005, 03:56:06 PM »
It's not translated... I said in my post that I'd like to hear a translation of the biography, which is in German, and I posted it hoping someone here that spoke German would translate it for me.

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »
i didnt know were this belonged so here we go....

I bet you all didnt know this....

there is this programme called "Bad Girls" i dont mean the fake one i mean the real Jail one. and a girl was on it months ago and on here chest she had the name "Ville Valo" tattooed on her....

Dont no why but thought you guys would like to know   :-*

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2005, 04:57:38 PM »
cool, my nan watches that.

mhprodad

« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2005, 09:10:03 PM »
Alaina from the BMMB was one of the winners. I can't remember the number of her card for the life of me, though.

Wait a minute. Here we go. They were:

Those are just the first prize winning cards. Go to: http://www.himonline.tv, and go to their archieved news page for the full list of them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:13:21 PM by mhprodad »

Offline Pure Fing Sweetness

• Laura Do Or Die
  • Made Man
  • We are forever crucified to a dream
« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2005, 01:11:32 AM »
What exactly was the prize?
*Trend Setter*

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »
Roughly on a good guess how much is Ville worth?