Author Topic: Gas left the band  (Read 20110 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Gas left the band
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »
Yeah these teenage Ville obsessed girls know a lot about it....
Whether these people are making jokes or they are tone deaf or they comapred him to even worse singers. Great rock singers and Ville Valo? Well that must be really serious forum lol. Great rock singers are not off key on the concerts

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
Yeah these teenage Ville obsessed girls know a lot about it....
Whether these people are making jokes or they are tone deaf or they comapred him to even worse singers. Great rock singers and Ville Valo? Well that must be really serious forum lol. Great rock singers are not off key on the concerts
Not teenage girls: http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3013-ville-valo He has an amazing range for a singer.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »
yaaaaaah about this.....AutoTune in studio is beautiful thing but he's not briliant live singer (yeah he was when they played half tone down during Venus Doom Tour)

for example https://youtu.be/Ovu4HOTWFJQ?t=1m37s yeah sure as he admit he was drunk like a hell but he was drunk there too and there he had a balls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGHBrmTmBU

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »
His huge range is a well documented fact, and that his voice is particularly beautiful is widely accepted.
If that makes a great singer for you -- all right.
Since most people here listen to bootlegs a lot, you should be able to find songs and gigs where he sounds like shit as well as ones where he sounds great.

But whatever, what starts to bother me even more is that people keep blaming 'Ville obsessed teenage girls' for everything.
They're not the root of all evil, they're not even the root of all HIM-related problems you see.
I can agree that they're writing incredibly annoying YouTube comments, though xD
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2015, 09:30:46 AM »
His vocal range is the same as the other singers, the only difference is that Ville can sing well in closer range, the rest is terrible mostly when live..
Great singer is Steve Perry, Ville is amateur when compared to Perry.. These amateur forums based on software range and tune detection,its silly to even take it serioisly.
Well known fact is that he is not the Great singer,average yes. What makes him génius is his charisma,talent at so gwriting,multiinstrumentalism and style.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »
I didn't say that he is The Greatest Singer. I said that his range is huge, and it is. Of course there are singers with the same and/or bigger range, but that doesn't change the fact that it is definitely more than average.
There are about 5 octaves documented for Ville. According to musicologist Fischer, the range of professional singers covers 2.5 to over 3 octaves. If Ville's not capable of singing each note in his range precisely live, that's a different issue.

Other than that I'm curious where you found the information that The Range Place is an amateur forum 'based on software range and tune detection' because I couldn't find that information on the page. I mostly read 'I hear this note as ...'
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
For me it's always been his songwriting that has made him exceptional not his singing. I've been to good HIM shows and bad ones but I always enjoy it however Helldone 2012 first night I was shocked at how poor he was.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »
The range place is people that figure out ranges of singers. Most of them are singers as well. And Ville is capable of hitting those notes live. If you checked out that page that have a list of his range listed by notes during live songs. They much prefer live to studio.

Not to mention you exaggerate his missed notes. Yes, he has sounded like total shit before. I get that. But that doesn't make him a bad singer. Nobody is perfect every night, every note. Nobody.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:39:12 AM by Eric616 »
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
I think we can all agree that smoking has ruined his voice over the years, Listen back to their early 1998 stuff live and he sounds awesome. He doesnt sound bad live but songs like buried alive by love (where he screams) he sounds like he is in pain.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2017, 03:54:59 PM »
I prefer his voice on the Venus Doom album. Ville's voice during the early HIM sounded more "macho" (I don't know how to explain it). Like he was trying too hard. Not bashing though.