Author Topic: Gas left the band  (Read 20107 times)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
Re: Gas left the band
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
did you notice his t-shirt? giving the game to the next :D

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:13:59 PM by Alex »

Offline Len777

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »
I think Ville should let the other guys in the band collaborate some, most likely the reason why the last two albums have been a tad stale.

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »
Damn.  :(

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »
hey guys

lets make a nice thank you-video for Gas
like a well meant and nice gesture from the fans

what do you think? i was thinking maybe collecting some short fan amateur like 5 seconds clips that are saying "thank you Gas" or something like that in really few seconds, you have webcams and stuff so its not a problem to say few words to Gas
adding some nice moments and stuff and few words so the message will be clear - that we wont forget him and he is our beloved Gas Lipstick of His Infernal Majesty

we owe him , he deserves some kind of thank , not just in form of facebook comments you know

Offline Jay

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
did you notice his t-shirt? giving the game to the next :D

I wonder if he planned that or just a coincidence.  Maybe he knows they're already looking for a replacement (as I'm sure he told them he was leaving a while back), but can't comment on that or doesn't know the status.  He seems like he's been honest in his interactions with fans, so who knows.

It'll be interesting to see the next interviews with Ville.

hey guys

what do you think? i was thinking maybe collecting some short fan amateur like 5 seconds clips that are saying "thank you Gas" or something like that in really few seconds, you have webcams and stuff so its not a problem to say few words to Gas
adding some nice moments and stuff and few words so the message will be clear - that we wont forget him and he is our beloved Gas Lipstick of His Infernal Majesty

we owe him , he deserves some kind of thank , not just in form of facebook comments you know

I like that idea!

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
Well, this is a pretty fucked up way to start my day. I haven't even been awake for five minutes yet. I check Facebook and I see a picture of Gas waving that says "FINAL WORDS'. I can't even comprehend what is happening right now.

I feel like it would be wise for Ville to release a statement now, reiterating that there wasn't any bad blood between the band and Gas just to get that out of the way to keep the rumors at bay, and also mentioning what their (HIM's) intentions now are following his departure. I need to know what's truly going on so I can wrap my head around the situation.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:05:21 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »
hey guys

I think that's a great idea! And by the way what about say "thank you" in our languages? You know we are in all rounds in world
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:07:09 PM by Peter Forge »

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
Damn. Sad news :'(

Unexpected, but not a big surprise. Especially after his arm problems and the recordings.
He has peaked with HIM. And looking at the HIM-future, there won?t be much new under the sun. Same venues, same fans, same songs and if Ville allows it, every three years a new album. I don?t blame him for trying something new, before it?s too late. Probably more To Separate the Flesh from the Bones than HIM.

And come on people, everyone knowns Daniel Lioneye was never serious, just a fun escape from HIM. This year?s Helldone was a cool reunion and a nice and unexpected gift to the fans. And so is Rambo Rimbaud.
Rumors of the end of HIM are as old as Razorblade Romance (Zoltan!) and since Ville tried to walk out of the window. And so are the Ville-is-going-solo rumors. Ever since he picked up an acoustic guitar without another HIM-member nearby.
We all remember the infamous dildo-party.

But Gas has left, that?s sad. Hopefully he will find a project that fits his drumming-style.

And I?m curious about the substitute. A bit too soon, but Mikko Sir?n? Kai Hahto (currently new drummer of Nightwish)? But I guess it will be Ville in the studio and some exchangeable drummer on tour. Ville is a little dictator. But since everyone knows, that's OK.

Just waiting for "Bam/Jesse M. will be the new drummer" comments on Facebook.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:02 PM »
All valid points, Harker, but I wouldn't be so sure that this isn't the end. I think it's 50/50 as of right now. As you said, there's nothing new left for the band HIM anymore. They've already reached their peak, and now they're well past it. The guys are all getting up there in age. Ville will practically always have an audience and a fan base no matter what he does and when he does it. For the other guys, though, I'm sure they'd like to do their own things on their own time and not have to worry about the obligations that come along with being a part of HIM before they're too old to be able to do that and truly enjoy it. I can imagine all of the guys feel the same way that Gas does to varying degrees. What more is there to achieve? Do I really have fun playing the same songs over and over again each night on tour? Is it still worth it to do this? Sadly, if this is the end of the band, they're going out on a whimper, which is not what I had imagined, but then again I never really imagined too much the time when it would truly be all over. I'd love to see one more classic album with the band giving it all they've got so they can go out with a bang and give us one hell of a farewell tour, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I just don't want them to keep carrying on for the sake of carrying on if everyone's not on the same page and their hearts aren't 100% into it. At the end of the day, I guess I'd rather have nothing at all than a forced effort that isn't quite up to par, as sad as it would be to never have a new HIM album or a new HIM tour to look forward to. The band has definitely lost some steps over the last few years. I'd understand if they felt like there was nowhere left to go with the band and that they couldn't produce new HIM material on the same level that they want to and we expect anymore.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 06:17:45 PM »
Devastated over the news. I read the post at lunchtime and it was difficult to hold my composure. I think it's just that I feel sad for the guys.  :( Think about it- you spend over a decade with someone and then they decide to move on. I truly believe there are no hard feelings between them all.  I am sure they are all feeling the loss just as much as the fans. And that was no easy decision for Gas to make. I admire him for being courageous enough to pursue his own creative happiness.  And it's better to leave now than to ignore the unfulfilled feeling and let it turn into resentment and cause problems in the band. I think he's doing the right thing, sad as I am he's leaving.

As for the future of HIM....there have always been rumors of them breaking up or quitting. No need to worry until we hear something official.  To me, these guys ONLY know music, it's in their blood. So whether they carry on as HIM and do side projects for their other creative outlets or just move on to other bands - I don't think we'll be missing any opportunities for some great music in the future. 

Someone mentioned the comment that Ville made at Helldone  -I can see how it can be interpreted in many different ways.  Not sure if I believe he was hinting at the demise of the band. He could have just been eluding to the fact that Gas was leaving.  And maybe he felt at that moment he wouldn't and couldn't be sure when they would be back. To me that would be a true statement, made in the moment. And maybe they don't have any idea who they would consider to replace Gas. So I personally think it's more to do with that than meaning the band is quitting. 

HIM is their "job".  I've been on my job for over 10 years, so I can understand how it can become boring and tiresome at time. Maybe they just need some time to regroup and reconsider what they want out of the music industry?  Sure, Ville writes the songs and contributes a large portion to the group, but that doesn't mean there isn't something else he's been wanting to explore. And that goes for the others.

I think the comment about the drum machine was just meant to be light hearted. Not sure I think it was entirely appropriate, but at the same time, maybe they wanted it to be a lighter connotation because they knew fans would be upset and sad.  Hoping they make an official statement and at least let us know what the future of the band holds. We certainly love them and want them all to be happy, but no communication makes us rabid and frantic. LOL

Whoa, I've rambled on a lot.... :-[

***** I love the idea of making a video for Gas as a farewell!  He does deserve that after so many years pounding the drums behind the guys.

Offline dr3amsofglass

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 07:04:01 PM »
Fuck, you guys. I'm stunned. I have nothing constructive to add, other than please share updates if you get them. I wish all the best for Gas, but I also need to know that this is not the end... So sad.

I'm hoping that the drum machine comment was just a weird attempt to reassure fans that it's not over, but I think it has just left me even more unsettled.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14

Offline Jay

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
I think we'll get some clarity once the band speaks. I wish there was an interview lined up tomorrow.

Offline dr3amsofglass

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
I think we'll get some clarity once the band speaks. I wish there was an interview lined up tomorrow.

This is one of those times where I really wish this band had a bit of internet presence. I'm faaaar too impatient for this.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »

This is one of those times where I really wish this band had a bit of internet presence. I'm faaaar too impatient for this.

I agree. It reminds me of when the shows were cancelled when Ville had pneumonia. One by one they dropped each date of the tour and it was a few days before we heard anything. I know I was panicked thinking something really bad happened.... now we just play the waiting game.  I'm depressed!!  This is sad.  I would be crushed if they didn't carry on.   :(

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 11:03:29 PM »
Couldn't believe it once i saw it posted  :'(o
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 04:48:54 AM »

Exactly. When something like this happens, it sucks to just be left in the dark wondering. I'm sure the band knew when Gas was going to make his announcement, they should've had a press release ready to go. Maybe they aren't sure about the future yet, but it would still be nice to know that. Speaking of press releases, when I did a Google search for Gas Lipstick, only four websites were reporting the news, and only two I've ever even heard of.

It's a little bit sad that Gas mentioned on his Facebook that during the last US tour, not a single venue was sold out. Coincidently, he now says that during that tour is when he realized he just wasn't into it anymore. From Warner Bros. to The End. From sold out shows to unsold tickets. It just kind of sucks that he couldn't go out in top.

I just can't imagine them wanting to replace Gas with a new guy after all these years and bring someone else into the band as a permanent member. They could always go the route of having a studio/tour drummer instead of actually adding a true new member. Whatever the case, if there will be another album, I don't want Ville playing the drums on it. He knows how to play, obviously, but I would rather have a “real” drummer. As sad as it is to lose Gas, I am excited for the potential of a new drummer and what they will bring to the table, but I'll definitely miss seeing and hearing Gas at any future HIM shows.

Back to the social media thing. Can you imagine if Ville had an Instagram? All he would have to do is post a picture of himself holding one of the new reissued vinyls and say that he wants fans to do the same, and bitches would be walking 500 miles (and 500 more) just to fall down at the door of the record store after buying the merch and taking a selfie with it in hopes that Ville will notice them. All jokes aside, you have to do stuff like that nowadays. Back in the day, all you had to do was sign a contract and you were golden. You can't just write, record, tour, and party anymore. You have to actually engage with fans and do some work to promote yourselves, something the band has never been good at.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:50:40 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 07:04:37 AM »
if they all knew before Helldone that Gas is leaving, why they didnt tell it on Helldone already? They could make a nice farewell Gas show

if they knew, what was the point of keeping it secret until yesterday when Gas announced it? If there was not a bad blood or anything, why they didnt let their friend Gas to have a special evening dedicated to him on Helldone? i mean, he was with them for 16 years.

and why they just left us with questions, without anything?

seeing HIM on stage without Gas and his glass shield, it will be so weird

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
I still can´t believe...

I´m used to see this happen in other bands, but not in my favourite band...f***...

I wish him all the best in the future and hope that HIM can solve this, for them and for all of us.
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »
if they all knew before Helldone that Gas is leaving, why they didnt tell it on Helldone already? They could make a nice farewell Gas show

if they knew, what was the point of keeping it secret until yesterday when Gas announced it? If there was not a bad blood or anything, why they didnt let their friend Gas to have a special evening dedicated to him on Helldone? i mean, he was with them for 16 years.

and why they just left us with questions, without anything?

seeing HIM on stage without Gas and his glass shield, it will be so weird

May be the gig was special dedicated to him and they all know it... we dont! and may be we dont need to... its not our business..... I dont think Ville or the other guys like such sweet goodbyes.
The questions will be cleared.... till somewhere  :)

They are family... I dont think Gas will leave the band from today for tomorrow. He will never do this to the band IMO...this is something they have talked over and over again. They have choose the best moment for his retirement and for sure they have some ideas what to do...
I still believe that they'r gonna do some festivals this year probably mostly in Europe and definitely work on the new songs and projects....

Offline Inferno

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
I certainly don't hope that this causes a ripple effect where, at the very least, Burton questions himself and begins feeling the same way as Gas. I don't see Mige or Linde ever leaving... The band would break up before that happens, but if Gas' leaving causes Burton to question himself and ultimately leave then I'd say the band is in some serious trouble.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:19 AM »
Ive just seen in a Finnish newspaper that the band only found out last week and the band had planned to continue in 2016 after a break this year, so Ville will now think about everything.
http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1422419827723
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:02:19 AM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Jay

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
Here's a Google translate of that article...probably some errors.  Though I intentionally left "Valo" translated as "Light" in some places, lol.  I bolded some interesting parts but didn't really edit the translation.

HIM came with unexpected news Tuesday, the band's drummer Mika "Gas Lipstick" Karppinen decided to leave the band. This is the first time in 16 years, when a successful worldwide helsinkil?isyhtyeen lines open out.

"This is really a personal thing, because we know just which schools and played 16 years together," the band's frontman, vocalist Ville Valo commented on the atmosphere within the band. "Kind of like one limb would be torn off, and now have to learn to walk again or to shake hands."

Karppinen said in its letter to leave the band of their own accord, as the "heart was no longer there." He wants to continue to time new projects and song writing.

Light manages to sound sincere when he declares to have been the difference Karppinen your decision. The band heard about it about a week ago, and the information came as a surprise to the other.

"The jaws were pretty country when it was heard. It was just around the corner," he says. "I have to say that it is a bold move to go to try something new. It was not fakkiutuneen human decision."

"Somewhat surprisingly, this did not result in any ketutusta or flaidista. Not his decision can not but respect, whether caused midlife crisis or whatever."

HIM this year plans Karppinen difference has no direct impact, as the band was in any case about to break. One and a half year-long world tour last concert of the new year at Tavastia, Helsinki, and the future gigs have not been agreed.

"We had a plan, that will be held Snadi respite and go for the rehearsals and nostalgic. Now I have to think about new, that what's next," Light says. "Initial Shock probably take time, but I think that the band will return again in 2016, when the stars are in the right position."

On Tuesday, the release published HIM grinned Karppinen replace the drum machine, and reset the light now, "a five-penny a joke." In fact, HIM is in front of a search for a new drummer, but an open search and koesoittorumbaan band is not going to leave.

"Our band has always gone to all my friends via. And those guys are now a little bit, when all the bridges are burned," light laugh. "At first, I thought the band suggests that, for me personally I could bang on the drums. Liksa but would rise."

"And you have to remember that no gas is the band's first drummer. We have had four drummers, so even in relation to our reminds Spinal Tap," The light parody of the film refers to the familiar rock band, the problem is exploding drummers.

In the end, more serious light and admits that finding a new drummer will not be easy. According to him, the long history divides the band has become such a normal family, that no one can directly jump to the old boots.

"This is better to think in peace."

"In any case, this will mean the band something new. The new drummer comes with a new breath of force," he says, and turns over the difference between the positive side.

"Skilled in skilless drummer would fit into this category - a bit like Bill Ward of Black Sabbath. The drummer must have an identity, which can be recognized as soon as it starts to play."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:42:43 PM by Jay »

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »
Here's a proper translation of this article:

http://www.heartagram.it/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1680%3Aville-talks-about-the-leaving-of-gas&catid=34&Itemid=135

Thanks to Heidi Malin for the english translation and The Heartagram Path for posting it.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
No festivals in 2016, they know from one week???
i'll not waste my money on the lottery  ;D

Miltos now you can invite Gas in Greece to rock off and take all demo cd's! :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:50:17 PM by Alex »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »
I dont think they ever planned to do any festivals this year, they dont really have anything to promote in Europe and we have to remember they've been on tour since summer 2013. Nothing is mentioned about touring in 2016.I think the earliest we could see them is Helldone 2015 if we're lucky but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:09:11 PM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23