Author Topic: Right off the top of your head, without giving it any thought, what's your LEAST  (Read 4283 times)

Offline playdead616

i am not counting covers as HIM songs so i am not listing them in the worst or least favorites lists, but if i did - the wicked game would be far beyond all the borders as i HATE THAT SONG SO FUCKING BAD, ew

i listened to the entire HIM discography recently (used the remastered reissues + regular versions of  the albums that followed Love Metal, including And Love said no, skipped SWRMXS) , my least favorite and in my opinion the worst HIM song still remains The Kiss Of Dawn , closely followed by Heartkiller and Buried Alive By Love

i agree that the "Beautiful" is very much repetitive and boring, but still not as bad as the kiss of dawn or buried alive by love  ;D

I'm glad someone else said it first, so I can agree with another opinion, and stop convincing myself whether or not I enjoy these tunes. Fuck BABL, and fuck hearing it Live anymore. Same for Kiss of Dawn. It has a groovy bass line, but the chorus and guitar tone make me vomit inside. Heartkiller I like the guitars to, and is simply a radio hit. meh.

I wish they never released Don't Close Your Heart. Or at least re-wrote it into a different album. The DSBH version is terrible and nothing more than a studio filler song.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Kattatonia

For me it would definatly be Buried alive by love, Rip out the wings of a butterfly & Wicked Game.....I never understood why they do this same cover of wicked game at every show.

Offline dr3amsofglass

Dark Light. Don't get me wrong, I love cheesy HIM, but this one is just toooo much.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14

Offline Amethyst

Wings of a Butterfly
Seriously, enough with that song. I think it's the only HIM song I ever came to hate. I was still in high school when it was released and even though I might have even liked it at first, I couldn't stand all the hype it got, and how all those who called HIM 'faggots' just a couple of months before were like "duuuude, this riff is awesuuumm, *grabs guitar* turururu rurururuuuu rurururururururu...".
I generally tend to dislike songs that are played to death, no matter how great they are or are supposed to be; Join Me isn't exactly in my top 10 either.

You Are the One is a close second, but at least it gives me a giggle with how cheesy it is every now and then.

The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness

The only song I really don't like actually... even dark light the song and the rest of screamworks grew on me for the most part.  It's a weird song and just repeats "Look at the scars Smother a heart, opening up" like 30 times.   Should have just been on SWRMXS.

This breaks my heart  :'( I wish this song was at least 8 minutes long. It's unlike their usual sound (in a good way) and gives me goosebumps every time.

Offline dr3amsofglass

Ah, I love The Foreboding Sense... I totally agree, Amethyst. It really isn't long enough.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14