Author Topic: The Forum FAQ****  (Read 3830 times)

Offline The9thCircle

The Forum FAQ****
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:56:50 PM »
PLEASE READ*****

~~The Huge Ass FAQ~~

This is the FAQ for the HIM section and applies to most of the board so listen up Fuckers cause as the board gets older and older we will begin to enforce these rules more strictly, not so we can be power hungry ass holes but rather that we make this online experience fun and enjoyable for everyone. By the time you are reading this I will have already submitted this to all of the other mods so they know and agree with the rules and are ready to enforce them.

...with that said lets start.
          ~General Posting Rules~
1. How to post
    - Please post informatively. this means no stupid lame one word posts that are only done to get your post count up. This is called "POST WHORING" and it will not be tolerated.
    - Every time you post something and someone responds to it you don't "Have to" respond only if it requires a response. Don't just do it to post.
    - Sometimes a thread is very active and gets a lot of posts quickly. If you decide to answer someone's question or respond to a comment use the quote button so that person knows you were talking to them or making a comment on their posts. This also helps other members to not get confused with a random post just in the middle of a thread. This helps to keep things on topic and flowing nicely.
    - As much as possible, KEEP THE THREAD ON TOPIC. If any of us feels that it is getting way too off topic we may post a comment asking it to be brought back to it origional topic or close/delete it.
2. Locking of Threads
    - This is the power of the mods. If you are not a mod you don't get to lock threads and also don't get to make a post like "this thread is gay, lock this shit up" Thats not going to fly. We at the Sacrament know how to do our jobs and it will immensly piss us off if you do that, especially me. If we feel it needs to be locked we will, but let us make that decision. If you feel very strongly about this thread be locked than pm one of us but dont make a post.
3. Making New Threads
    - First of al know where you are making a new thread in. For instance, don't make a new thread with brand new news in the media thread, I understand that for the HIM forums there is some leway due to one thread haveing the possibility of being posted in one or another forum. For example a new song could be posted in the New forum because it is new news and also the media forum if you had a link for members to download it. So make the best decisions on this for the HIM forums. We as mods will probably not move it unless we strongly feel it needs to be. As for the other forums, I think it is very straightforward as to what should be posted.
    - When you make a enw thread, MAKE sure there is not one similar that already exists. You can do this simply but looking manually through the threads, asking another member, and best of all using the dam search button. We dont want to have to lock tons of threads about stuff already existing. it makes us become old and grumpy very fast and we hate it above all else.
    - Make a new thread about something open-ended. What I mean by this is, dont pose one answer questions that cannot priduce discussions. The reason for this is (1) you could easily pm, IM, or MSN another member to get the answer, (2) it only leads to useless flaming and the topic ends up being either a mone field or a completely useless thread where only random shit is talked about.
    - So instead of making useless threads post something interesting like enw news, or something you want to discuss like a band or movie or anytihng of the sort. Make it informative and make it discussable.
4. Posting Links, new news, vids, songs and whatever else
    - Whenever you post something like this site the source and give the author credit unless it is your own origional work. For instance, if someone posts a link for a new song form portsmouth gig 2004, don't post the link somewhere else without crediting that person and asking their permission. Please remember that they decided to share with you so as a payment give them the credit that they deserve.
    - Also, another reason for posting your sources is for verification of factuality...just cause your brothers aunt molly saw Valo with a guitar walkin into a record store with a whole bunch of cd's in his hand doesn't mean he is personally delivering promos to select few or some BS like that....it just helps to make your claim more believable
5. Codes of Conduct
Be nice and polite and don't flame anyone unless they royally deserve it...why? cause it is a waste of a thread, time, posts, and it messes up the board. we want to provide a good community to discuss HIM and the like. If you have eager feeling at you finger tips to write "die bam bastard die" just don't. Control yourself and move on case guess what, we did 6 months ago.
6. Harassment - No racial, religions, anti-semitic, or gender based comments. Who gives a dam...this is not the place for your lame ass jihad and starting stuff like that will absolutely not be tolerated. I ask every member to enforce this. If someone starts making racial comments or anytihng like that please say something.
7. Bam Margera -
    - Bam is a skateboarder for Element...he is not in the band HIM and he is not going to have any sort of sexual encounter with you either....
    - Let's just agree to disagree on this subject. Some here hate bam for their reasons good or bad, and others don't have a problem with him. I think that we can find more compelling things to argue about than bam margera I mean come on there is a site dedicated to Ville's feet.
8. Moderators, Admins, Global Mods, etc.
The apoointment of any such position, big or small, is sole right of Jay (the owner). Generally speaking any appointment is given large consideration by the current moderators to choose the best possible person, or just whoever the hell we want. Traditionally we ahve not resulted to asking for applications we just kinda do it "committee style."
 - Some guidelines
   - You're not a mod so don't act like one
   - Don't as to become one
   - Just be a generally good contributing member and you will most likely be
     considered.
   - Try and be nice to us too, cause we're cool and deserve it
   - Being a mod is not like working for the band, so don't make this your life's
     goal
   - Have a question...just ask it in this forum
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:06:03 AM by The9thCircle »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
Re: The Forum FAQ****
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
This makes me wanna cry. :(
I remember when this thread was made.