Author Topic: Venus Doom on vinyl?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Venus Doom on vinyl?
« on: December 08, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »
Any news or pieces of rumour concerning that? Since Sire didn't do it, maybe Razor&Tie or The End will? I actually wrote The End to ask, but got no reply. Which kinda is some sort of reply in its own right, too. :P

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Venus Doom on vinyl?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:47 AM »
i doubt they will buy all the rights from Sire to release it on Vinyl, that would cost them more than they would get in return for the Vinyl sales

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:46:33 AM »
They got rights for the first four albums and I don't think they're selling like hot cakes, so they could actually do the same for Dark Light and Venus Doom.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:31:41 AM »
They got rights for the first four albums and I don't think they're selling like hot cakes, so they could actually do the same for Dark Light and Venus Doom.
yeah but it doesnt matter if they have rights to the first four albums
it depends on the label who released and who bought all the expensive rights from the band, now if another label wants to release something they need to have rights from the label who previously released it - its Sire - the rights will be expensive
Razor & Tie and End Records these are minor labels, Sire is a giant major label
its not that easy + HIM are not part of Sire anymore
i doubt there will be official release of Venus Doom Vinyl soon, or ever ? .... who knows but for the fans it would be nice indeed

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:26:29 AM »
I suppose we could easily get a list of people interested and have the album pressed at one of those small companies making custom vinyl. They often require minimums of 100-250 copies, but there would be this many fans here willing to get one, right?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
you dont get it
everyone who wants to press and release the album (whatever the format) needs the rights to do so
we can have signed like 1000000 fans and if there is no label with rights except for Sire, then only Sire can press and release it

pressing something custom that you dont have rights for in some label is pretty illegal and Sire would have sued for a LOT of money because of that
you cant violate someone´s rights just because you want to have something that is not available
everything unofficial is just a bootleg and since that custom small company doesnt have righst and master tracks ,what they would press on that Vynil? CD rip? wave? mp3?

its not that easy as you think

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 09:20:44 AM »
Until Sire decides to sell or licsence those rights, you'll never see a Vd vinyl
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
you dont get it
everyone who wants to press and release the album (whatever the format) needs the rights to do so
we can have signed like 1000000 fans and if there is no label with rights except for Sire, then only Sire can press and release it

pressing something custom that you dont have rights for in some label is pretty illegal and Sire would have sued for a LOT of money because of that
you cant violate someone´s rights just because you want to have something that is not available
everything unofficial is just a bootleg and since that custom small company doesnt have righst and master tracks ,what they would press on that Vynil? CD rip? wave? mp3?

Given the number of all sorts of bootlegs and reissues in circulation (not just HIM, but in general), I would say it IS easy. ;)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
easy ? how?
i mean ,... how ?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
you dont get it

Given the number of all sorts of bootlegs and reissues in circulation (not just HIM, but in general), I would say it IS easy. ;)

Very true, but that doesn't make it legal. Even so, like he said, you'd have to use a rip of the CD as the source for the vinyl, so it would purely be a novelty item instead of something you could pop on the record player and listen to as an alternative to the CD. It would sound like shit.

You're better off taking an old Miles Davis album, making a custom Venus Doom sticker, and slapping it on there. Then you can tell people you're the only person in the world with a real Venus Doom vinyl that you received directly from Ville personally. Imagine all the hot emo girl ass you'd get. You're gonna have to beat me to the punch now. I shouldn't have given out that sweet idea. I have seen at least one custom Venus Doom vinyl before, though. On here, actually, I'm pretty sure. No idea if it actually plays or not, though. If it does, I bet it sounds like ass - and not that hot emo girl ass, either. More like Whoopi Goldberg ass.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:08:47 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 10:07:55 AM »
there is no way to get it on the Vinyl for now until the things will work the way i said

and honestly - who would buy a bootleg piece of shit? me not, because its a bootleg and its obviously shit sourced and as you probably noticed - Vinyl is ANALOG sourced - VERY VERY much higher and better quality than the CD and mp3 together - unless you dont have the original studio master tracks - MASTERED for the Vinyl - every bootleg , unofficial attempt of self-made Vinyl in some custom shop will sound like shit, will look like shit and will be the shit. Its like making a CD from the mp3....

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
All true, it would be for collection rather than listening enjoyment and I'd accept that. And while we're at vinyl sounding like shit: is it just me or do coloured versions of Tears on Tape sound like buttocks?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
Vinyl is ANALOG sourced - VERY VERY much higher and better quality than the CD and mp3 together

Most modern day vinyl releases are digitally sourced. Hell, sometimes they'll even get lazy and use a CD as the source. Analog recordings are pretty few and far between these days. Even then, it all comes down to how well the album has been mixed and mastered.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
but the Vinyl is analog anyway even though its digitally source.
I wish HIM recorded the next album analog and released it on everything - Vinyl, MC cassette, CD

Offline Inferno

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
All true, it would be for collection rather than listening enjoyment and I'd accept that. And while we're at vinyl sounding like shit: is it just me or do coloured versions of Tears on Tape sound like buttocks?
Cassette Tapes and Vinyl Records are not like CDs... You can't just go out and buy any kind of player and expect it to sound the way it should, but then again your experience is still limited by your audio equipment (speakers/headphones/ect.) If you play your records/tapes using a shitty deck and needle you will get sub-par quality. I can assure you that all the HIM Vinyls that have been released sound amazing compared to the CDs, even the ToT ones. THIS is what Vinyl sounds like on quality hardware.

As for VD on Vinyl, it's like what the others have explained. In my opinion it would have happened by now if they wanted to release it, but maybe with time it might happen. There are only 2 songs from VD that have been released on Vinyl and that is Bleed Well and Kiss of Dawn (Radio Edit) which can be found on the XX Decades vinyl... I'm feeling generous today and to spread some of the holiday spirit I will publicly share one of those songs... Bleed Well
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 12:11:46 AM »
but the Vinyl is analog anyway even though its digitally source.
I wish HIM recorded the next album analog and released it on everything - Vinyl, MC cassette, CD

Hahaha yessssss. I would totally go for HIM on cassette.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:28 AM »
exactly as Inferno said !

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 02:55:46 AM »
My LP playing gear definitely isn't great, but older HIM records sound way better than ToT and XX (and it's true of many records these days, e. g. older Iron Maiden picture discs sound quite well, while the new ones are just crap, only good for framing and putting on a wall). Plus - and I'm addressing 616 here - no LP is truly analogue unless the original studio recording is analogue. Of course, a digital studio recording can be better prepared for vinyl pressing than a CD recording, but still it's not like it used to be in the analogue-only days.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 06:22:52 AM »
but the vinyl itself is analog , its not a digitally thing as a CD you know
its like a cassette its analog, even if the source is digitally recorded in the studio and not analog
the master tracks recorded digitally in the studio and mastered for the vinyls are MUCH better on the vinyl than its on the CD ,because CD is compressed

of course the best thing is when the band analog records the album in the studio and release it on analog vinyl or cassette

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »
Exactly what I meant. :)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
I would argue that records recorded today are higher audio quality than they were back when Vinyls were more commonly used. Just because things are done digitally now doesn't make it worse. What matters is the quality at which the sounds are recorded/produced and pressed on to the Vinyl. The medium that you use to produce the sound such as CD, DVD, Vinyl, Cassette, ect matters because each have certain constraints. The Vinyl is able to almost perfectly replicate the sound waves within the grooves... I say almost because theoretically the size of the plastic molecules would be the limit. With cassettes the sounds waves are converted into a magnetic field which is put on to the tape.  These mediums produce sound as it was meant to be heard, but there are still limits/constraints to them because there's only so much of the soundwave that they can contain. CDs have and offer better dynamic range than Vinyls/Tapes. However, Vinyls/Tapes are capable in theory of producing a wider frequency range then CDs. One could also argue that CD is superior because it is capable of producing sound good enough to just exceed the constraints of the human ear... Vinyls/Tapes exceed this, but it's rendered moot if we can't hear it. HOWEVER, Vinyl/Tape introduces harmonic distortion into the signal. This harmonic distortion actually sounds pleasing to the human ear, and is commonly described as warmth in the sound and this is something that CDs simply cannot do.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:16:43 PM by Inferno »
[/

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 02:31:26 AM »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 02:58:25 AM »
wut  :o i am confused  ;D

Offline Inferno

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
All sound theory aside and back to the main topic, I found this:

http://www.amazon.ca/Venus-Doom-Vinyl-H-I-M/dp/B000UZ4OP2/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

That's been there for a LONG time... Just look at the dates of the reviews lol. Someone mentioned that here a long time ago.
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »
but is it official legit Vinyl ? i thought Sire never released VD on Vinyl