Author Topic: HIM Demos  (Read 26555 times)

Offline Ziggy18

Re: HIM Demos
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
I think this "the biblical sense" demo on youtube is the matt squire demo version(scared to death of mr. Squire).  Someone made up this title probably.   I dont think this is from the pick up lines from hel part 1.

I would like to hear the full smother a heart demo.  Soumds better than the album.   Its not from PULFH so idk what this is from.

Interesting, how can you be certain of this? I like the Biblical Sense demo, but it sounds like a terrible pc rip. It MUST exist somewhere in full audible format. and I feel like the name is false.. It sounds fan made, I dunno, I'm free to be proven wrong but that name sucks.

Also then, would the PickUp Lines from Hell demos, be the Hilli Mixed Demos from Finland??
I have the scared to death of mr. Squire, shatter me now with matt and togeather we fall apart demos from matt squire. 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hpabux
Here is the std of mr squire. 

Compare The Biblical Sense to this and lemme know if you think they are the same.

(Jay's edit: I fixed your link)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:06:06 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 01:13:23 PM »
It is the same it's a higher quality version of the YouTube recording.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:15:23 PM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »
This is pretty cool from facebook...
Derek Stokan
Do you have the Razorblade Romance Rockfield Monitor Mix tape or any unreleased material. Thanks. Hail Zulton!

Juska Salminen
Hi! Actually I do have that original one. I think that is the only one I have, I mean unreleased material... Rock on Derek!

-Juska

I asked if he could share lol fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:57:49 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »
Cool! Now we just have to wait  ;D

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »
of course Juska Salminen has it , he is a former HIM member LOL but i doubt he will share it to the world

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
uska Salminen   6:02am Feb 14
Sorry, but as I I've got even some money offers of it, I guess this CD is something I'll always keep to myself. Don't want to be an a**hole here, but for me it's really important as it captures special era and some exat moments in my memories. Hope you understand!

Well i tried and i think its cool he responded even.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »
we should try to find more Screamworks demos !!!

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »
I personally believe by the time the band breaks up, we'll get a bunch of unreleased stuff.

I'd like it now, but I personally want new albums way more. So I'll wait for the new album.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 05:52:56 AM »
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline DyingForLove79

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 02:45:39 PM »
The 'slippery when dead' demos are fantastic, especially the additional morbid verse in 'Join Me In Death'.

Offline regularwill

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the uncanny resemblance of the intros in I've Crossed Oceans and Beyond Redemption Vinnfox Relics? Slightly speed up and raise the pitch of I've Crossed Oceans for yourself and see.

Offline Jay

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the uncanny resemblance of the intros in I've Crossed Oceans and Beyond Redemption Vinnfox Relics? Slightly speed up and raise the pitch of I've Crossed Oceans for yourself and see.

Aw snap...maybe you found some kind of code.  I'll see if I can put them side by side.  Or if someone beats me to it, that'd be cool.

Offline regularwill

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »

Aw snap...maybe you found some kind of code.  I'll see if I can put them side by side.  Or if someone beats me to it, that'd be cool.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=wise&passive=1209600&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Ffile%2Fd%2F0B_3p13Ea89ioWEVsdWVVdy01Z28%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Ddocslist_api&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Ffile%2Fd%2F0B_3p13Ea89ioWEVsdWVVdy01Z28%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Ddocslist_api
This is the best I can do while I'm at work.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
and its the same as intro keyboards of Rendezvous with Anus (Turbonegro cover)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2015, 12:55:01 AM »
It's understandable considering 'I've crossed oceans of wine' is a B-side.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline playdead616

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »
Rendezvous With Anus was made up of the unused parts of Beyond Redemption, from the finvox demo. ( Musically, it is not much like Turbo's version of the song. ) So that explain why they may have stole the keys and reworked the Beyond Redemption demo into Rendezvouz with Anus.

As for Oceans of Wine. It is the main chorus melody all through. So I think it's just a homage.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Until_Love_Do_Us_Part

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »
In lieu of the discussion about WAONF, I saw them live in Syracuse (2007 project revolution), and a guy in front of me during the meet and greet/autograph session handed Mige a burned CD labeled "Witches & Other Night Fears" to get an autograph... Mige nudged Ville, showed him the CD. Neither of them signed it, but looked a bit concerned, before breaking it and throwing it in the trash. Ville told the kid not to steal music, and handed him an autographed concert flyer instead.

There's really no point of this story, but I've always taken their reactions as proof that WAONF exists.
"See the forest for the trees"

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 04:17:12 PM »
Wow. Where the heck did that guy get it? That demo could include something pretty secret :P I'ts obvious Ville and Mige don't want the demo to be floating all around the internet.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
That could either prove it exists or that they decided to have a copy of who knows what for them to sign and try and sell it on ebay,
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Until_Love_Do_Us_Part

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »
True. I'm not very good with things like this, but I do have the tape of the entire show (as well as Placebo & MCR)... I only ever used a program called 'dazzle' and I never properly uploaded it.  It was from the first row of raised seating, so no crowd in the way, and from what I recall, the audio was amazing.

I'd be more than happy to send it to someone who could make it amazing.

I believe the setlist (not in order):

Passions Killing Floor
Wicked Game
It's All Tears
Wings of a Butterfly
Kiss of Dawn
Vampire Heart
Dead Lover's Lane

And maybe Under the Rose?
"See the forest for the trees"

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
yeah i can make every magic happen on it, send the original files to me and i will work on it immediately :)

Offline RazorbladeKiss666

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 12:53:11 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but are there any other demos available since this thread was active?

As for WAONF, one copy definitely exists, as mentioned here at 1.42 https://youtu.be/6b8hOK890b8

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:30 AM »
Discussion of the first demos : http://thesacrament.net/forum/index.php?topic=6992.0

Any information would be great :)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2019, 03:49:35 AM »
After like three or four years or some shit like that I finally found this info again. Can't verify it, obviously, so I'll just leave it here:

Witches And Other Night Fears

1. Introduction
2. The Fast
3. Jupiter The Fulminator
4. Congregation Of The Moon
5. Got Myself A Girl
6. When Prayer Fails
7. Cast The Priest Into The Fire

Mige: bass, trombone, keyboards, percussions.
Ville Hermanni Valo: 6-string bass, percussions, vocals.
Juha: drums.
Recorded in February 1995 at Slapmetal Studio by Mige’s home.
Producer: Ville Valo
Engineer: Mige

I remember being really confused about the timeline when I first saw 1995. Still am, honestly. It just doesn't seem to jive with everything that we used to know and accept as the truth about the demo and what we know about other demos of that time, as well as be in line musically with the other two demo tapes that we have in which we could hear the natural progression of the band into what became 666 Ways To Love - but it's impossible to truly judge without actually hearing anything. A young and sexy Mige playing the trombone is strange and a funny sight to imagine in my mind lol. Also, no Linde for some reason and no guitars except for bass is weird, if only for the reason that I mentioned above, but would probably be super heavy and sludgy sort of like Type O, so it might sound kind of cool, I guess, and I could see the band doing it as some sort of an experiment, but probably not so close to their first release. But, again, it doesn't exactly mesh well with the songs on the other tapes, like the demos of Stigmata, Wicked Game, and The Heartless that were recorded for the EP just a year after this demo took place, supposedly. It seems like this would come way before those other two tapes looking from the outside in. If the other two tapes were simply recorded after this one, that would make sense, but it seems like it would be a big turnaround in a short amount of time to me.

I look at it this way: out of the six songs from the two demo tapes that we do have, three of them made the EP. A fourth in Borellus you could argue that the band decided not to use or couldn't use because of copyright. That leaves The Phantom Gate and Serpent Ride. TPG you could easily say evolved into Your Sweet Six Six Six, and lyrics from Serpent Ride were used in For You. Anyone else with me? I'm just trying to get my time line straight here.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:10:02 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 06:36:09 AM »
After like three or four years or some shit like that I finally found this info again. Can't verify it, obviously, so I'll just leave it here:

Witches And Other Night Fears

1. Introduction
2. The Fast
3. Jupiter The Fulminator
4. Congregation Of The Moon
5. Got Myself A Girl
6. When Prayer Fails
7. Cast The Priest Into The Fire

Mige: bass, trombone, keyboards, percussions.
Ville Hermanni Valo: 6-string bass, percussions, vocals.
Juha: drums.
Recorded in February 1995 at Slapmetal Studio by Mige’s home.
Producer: Ville Valo
Engineer: Mige

I remember being really confused about the timeline when I first saw 1995. Still am, honestly. It just doesn't seem to jive with everything that we used to know and accept as the truth about the demo and what we know about other demos of that time, as well as be in line musically with the other two demo tapes that we have in which we could hear the natural progression of the band into what became 666 Ways To Love - but it's impossible to truly judge without actually hearing anything. A young and sexy Mige playing the trombone is strange and a funny sight to imagine in my mind lol. Also, no Linde for some reason and no guitars except for bass is weird, if only for the reason that I mentioned above, but would probably be super heavy and sludgy sort of like Type O, so it might sound kind of cool, I guess, and I could see the band doing it as some sort of an experiment, but probably not so close to their first release. But, again, it doesn't exactly mesh well with the songs on the other tapes, like the demos of Stigmata, Wicked Game, and The Heartless that were recorded for the EP just a year after this demo took place, supposedly. It seems like this would come way before those other two tapes looking from the outside in. If the other two tapes were simply recorded after this one, that would make sense, but it seems like it would be a big turnaround in a short amount of time to me.

I look at it this way: out of the six songs from the two demo tapes that we do have, three of them made the EP. A fourth in Borellus you could argue that the band decided not to use or couldn't use because of copyright. That leaves The Phantom Gate and Serpent Ride. TPG you could easily say evolved into Your Sweet Six Six Six, and lyrics from Serpent Ride were used in For You. Anyone else with me? I'm just trying to get my time line straight here.

Pretty sure that this information is completely fake  8)