Author Topic: HIM Demos  (Read 26649 times)

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
Re: HIM Demos
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 11:57:15 AM »
Cast the priest into the fire is a lyric from an early version of Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs”.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »
After like three or four years or some shit like that I finally found this info again. Can't verify it, obviously, so I'll just leave it here:

Witches And Other Night Fears

1. Introduction
2. The Fast
3. Jupiter The Fulminator
4. Congregation Of The Moon
5. Got Myself A Girl
6. When Prayer Fails
7. Cast The Priest Into The Fire

Mige: bass, trombone, keyboards, percussions.
Ville Hermanni Valo: 6-string bass, percussions, vocals.
Juha: drums.
Recorded in February 1995 at Slapmetal Studio by Mige’s home.
Producer: Ville Valo
Engineer: Mige

I remember being really confused about the timeline when I first saw 1995. Still am, honestly. It just doesn't seem to jive with everything that we used to know and accept as the truth about the demo and what we know about other demos of that time, as well as be in line musically with the other two demo tapes that we have in which we could hear the natural progression of the band into what became 666 Ways To Love - but it's impossible to truly judge without actually hearing anything. A young and sexy Mige playing the trombone is strange and a funny sight to imagine in my mind lol. Also, no Linde for some reason and no guitars except for bass is weird, if only for the reason that I mentioned above, but would probably be super heavy and sludgy sort of like Type O, so it might sound kind of cool, I guess, and I could see the band doing it as some sort of an experiment, but probably not so close to their first release. But, again, it doesn't exactly mesh well with the songs on the other tapes, like the demos of Stigmata, Wicked Game, and The Heartless that were recorded for the EP just a year after this demo took place, supposedly. It seems like this would come way before those other two tapes looking from the outside in. If the other two tapes were simply recorded after this one, that would make sense, but it seems like it would be a big turnaround in a short amount of time to me.

I look at it this way: out of the six songs from the two demo tapes that we do have, three of them made the EP. A fourth in Borellus you could argue that the band decided not to use or couldn't use because of copyright. That leaves The Phantom Gate and Serpent Ride. TPG you could easily say evolved into Your Sweet Six Six Six, and lyrics from Serpent Ride were used in For You. Anyone else with me? I'm just trying to get my time line straight here.

Pretty sure that this information is completely fake  8)

I definitely wouldn't bet against it. I got it originally from someone who is a very trusted source within the community, then stumbled across the same thing on Tumblr that was posted by someone a few months ago. Could've been that they were given false information to begin with but trusted the person giving it to them, or they deliberately spread this fake shit to sort out who can be trusted within the community or just for the lulz. I know for sure someone like Miltos could confirm or deny everything. Hopefully he sees this eventually. I'm definitely skeptical about it if you couldn't already tell lol. The reason why I didn't mind deleting the text file I originally had saved of it was because I was like this whole thing sounds stupid and can't be true.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:21:58 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »
I see it all... :) I can't confirm though as it's not based on solid facts.

I have made a similar note and it is a little different:

His Infernal Majesty
"Witches And Other Night Fears"

1. Introduction
2. Fast
3. Jupiter
4. Congregation Of The Moon
5. Got Myself a Girl
6. When Prayer Fails
7. Cast The Priest Into the Fire
8. I Love Jesus Christ

Recorded in February 1994

LOL?
?
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 04:30:38 AM »
I'm not sure if you were only kidding, but seeing your post jogged my memory and that one looks to be more in line with what I was originally sent with the added and even more hard to believe “I Love Jesus Christ” track, and February of 1994 instead of 1995. Maybe this doesn't even need to asked and I'm just naive, but is it safe to say it's all bullshit? Was the "I Love Jesus Christ” part going too far and making it too unbelievable so it was taken out like in that Tumblr post?

Offline RazorbladeKiss666

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
If anyone has a link to/can send me the 2004 DL demos I'll love you eternally :)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »
If anyone has a link to/can send me the 2004 DL demos I'll love you eternally :)

There are Dark Light demos in circulation? Holy shit! Where????

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »
I need them also  8)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 03:47:13 AM »

There are Dark Light demos in circulation? Holy shit! Where????

This is just a case where someone read the Mika Jussila list and asked for something on it without knowing if it was available. Those demos aren't in circulation.

Offline Kir

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »
It depends what you call "in circulation".

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »

enough for me to pay for it, if someone has them

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »

A normal fan like any of us on this board having them. That's not to say that it's impossible for anyone to have them, just very unlikely. Over the years I've spoken to numerous people that are associated and have worked with the band before. Maybe others have had or will have better luck in the future, but the answer is always “I get asked that question all the time. Unfortunately, I can't share or anything” or “I don't have anything to share.” It's always the same no matter who you ask.

If you speak to a certain someone, though, you may just be able to get the bonus tracks from the box set from before they were mixed/mastered/remastered. It's not unheard material, but to me it's still cool as shit. It's like the closest thing to having the actual masters or Ville handing you the demos personally. If you already know or figure out who it is, just please don't go bugging him obsessively about it or telling him that you heard he has such and such from a guy on a message board. If you're interested, I'm sure he will accommodate you if you're polite and respectful.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 04:25:58 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2019, 09:13:41 PM »

A normal fan like any of us on this board having them. That's not to say that it's impossible for anyone to have them, just very unlikely. Over the years I've spoken to numerous people that are associated and have worked with the band before. Maybe others have had or will have better luck in the future, but the answer is always “I get asked that question all the time. Unfortunately, I can't share or anything” or “I don't have anything to share.” It's always the same no matter who you ask.

If you speak to a certain someone, though, you may just be able to get the bonus tracks from the box set from before they were mixed/mastered/remastered. It's not unheard material, but to me it's still cool as shit. It's like the closest thing to having the actual masters or Ville handing you the demos personally. If you already know or figure out who it is, just please don't go bugging him obsessively about it or telling him that you heard he has such and such from a guy on a message board. If you're interested, I'm sure he will accommodate you if you're polite and respectful.

the bonus masters would be cool to get but I literally have no idea who to ask.....my security clearance aint that deep

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2019, 04:41:17 AM »
Mine ain't that deep either, my friend. Hell, it isn't even below the surface, but with social media it's super easy to find the right people to talk to. And they all say that they've been asked the same question before, that question being “do you have any unreleased material that you could share?” so you don't have to feel bad or awkward about it. Who knows, you may stumble upon the right person on the right day that has some really nice things they're willing to share with you.

Just keep in mind - not everyone is a fan of the band in the same way that we all are. In fact, most people aren't. Just because someone has worked with them in some sort of capacity, either big or small, doesn't mean that Ville or whoever else just handed over to them a bunch of unreleased songs, or that they even had a desire for those such things in the first place. Even former members don't exactly see the same value in the certain things that we do, and as a result don't always have the stuff that you would just assume them to have. It's a job to these dudes, and when you really think about it, what are the chances that the band would hire a super fan to work for them? And even if they did, what are the chances that someone would risk a dream job to ask for demos or whatever the case may be. It just doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:27:29 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2019, 03:47:05 PM »
I personally know of maybe one or two people but I've gotten the same answer from both....and plus I figured how many people ask them on a daily/monthly basis how annoying it must be. In my wildest dreams I'd wanna hear the demos or maybe an uncut premaster of "Live Metal" that we never got back in 2003

Offline RazorbladeKiss666

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »
Aw fuck sorry to bring it up again, I got overexcited thinking they'd been released somehow and wondered if you guys had heard them

Sigh! Apologies

Offline black_jack

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2021, 07:40:34 PM »
There seems to be a Picture of the WAONF Tape. Its on Yk? J?rvinens aka. scratchnbake Instagram. He seems to be a close Friend of Ville.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:42:11 PM by black_jack »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2021, 07:12:55 AM »
There seems to be a Picture of the WAONF Tape. Its on Yk? J?rvinens aka. scratchnbake Instagram. He seems to be a close Friend of Ville.

🤔 I wonder if it?s really it and if they?ll share or confirm what?s on it and can show the back if there?s a track listing
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 07:37:44 AM by vampireheart616 »
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline black_jack

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
Quote from: vampireheart616

🤔 I wonder if it?s really it and if they?ll share or confirm what?s on it and can show the back if there?s a track listing
[/quote

Looks real to me, unfortunately the titles have been made unrecognizable. According to the loudwire interview, it should be a 4-track cassette.

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2021, 07:17:11 AM »
Did you guys see the comment on that Instagram page about Borellus? Someone was wondering if it's on Witches because it appears on both the demo tapes before and after it, and Yka liked it. The only comment on that picture that he's liked so far from what I saw. A possible hint that Borellus is on the tape, if it is indeed WAONF?

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2021, 09:38:51 AM »
Did you guys see the comment on that Instagram page about Borellus? Someone was wondering if it's on Witches because it appears on both the demo tapes before and after it, and Yka liked it. The only comment on that picture that he's liked so far from what I saw. A possible hint that Borellus is on the tape, if it is indeed WAONF?

🤔 I wonder if he?ll ever respond to any of the comments, he?s probably been getting a bunch of messages about it too so I hope he doesn?t get fed up with it and delete the picture
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline black_jack

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2021, 06:34:18 PM »
Maybe someone can encrypt this !?

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2021, 12:31:08 PM »
This photo was originally shared before the last Helldone and it shows the 1993/1995 demo tapes.
Nothing new then... I like the stickers on the clear case.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Stigmata93

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2021, 10:48:21 AM »
After kafferi being out there.. probably a lie and probably the tape

Offline Stigmata93

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2021, 10:48:51 AM »
Someone should ask him to post it

Offline Stigmata93

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »
After hearing kafferi I have no faith the him community tells the truth on anything. It's even more odder it's on juhas insta the guy who had something to do with it. Plus the borellus like and the artwork. Is the tape doubt we'll hear it because of the coverage this community does.