Author Topic: HIM Demos  (Read 26145 times)

Offline Ziggy18

HIM Demos
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
Not sure if anyone has seen this.   Pretty cool now that we are one the topic of demos

HIM - Demo 2002 (April 28th, 2002 at Finnvox Studios):

1. Rescue*
2. Circle Of Fear*
3. This Fortress Of Tears*
4. Beyond Redemption*
5. The Sacrament
6. Sweet Pandemonium
7. Shine* (has to be Endless Dark)
8. Through The Darkness (probably The Path)

VILLE VALO Demos 2004 (October 1st, 2004 at Finnvox Studios):

1. The Face Of Gods
2. Under The Rose
3. ? ( my guess would be Play Dead but I wish it were a completely different song)
4. Venus (could be Venus In Our Blood)
5. No More (could be Disarm me or maybe a different way of saying Killing Loneliness)
6. Drunk On Shadows
7. Have No Fear (Extended)  (the only thing I can think of is this lyric in In Venere Veritas)

HIM - Demon ?07 (January 12th, 2007 at Finnvox Studios):

1. Love In Cold Blood
2. The Kiss Of Dawn*
3. Dead Lovers? Lane
4. Bleed Well
5. Killing Floor

HIM - Pick-Up Lines From Hell, Part 1 (March 18th, 2009 at Finnvox Studios):

1. Like St. Valentine
2. Katherine Wheel
3. In Venere Veritas
4. Scared To Death
5. Acoustic Funeral
6. Shatter Me With Hope*
7. In The Arms Of Rain
8. Disarm Me With Loneliness

* - songs I will have after the re-mastered bonus tracks come out.

Does anyone have any more of these?  What these could be is up for discussion.   And Does anyone know anything about any GLSV666 demos??

I wonder if the Dark Light Demos are just ville on the guitar... they did play that snippet of under the rose with just ville.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:07:41 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Jay

Re: HIM Demos LM-SW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
If I remember correctly, Cory had posted something similar to this.  He had a contact or friend that knew more about the demos and whatnot.  I don't know if he actually had any, though, as I think it was too sensitive for the friend/contact to leak.

I'd love to hear anything that comes out, for sure. 

Offline Ziggy18

Re: HIM Demos
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
I've also seen this on the internet as well... how legitimate is this?

Witches And Other Night Fears
01. Black Candles
02. (Don’t Fear) The Reaper [Blue Öyster Cult] cover](Re-released on “Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666”
03. The Heartless (Re-released on “Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666”
04. Sleepwalking Past Hope (Re-released on “Venus Doom”
05. Warlock Moon
06. Highlands Of Hemlock
07. Blood And Fear

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:14:43 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
Re: HIM Demos lM-SW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »
I knew that the leaked Screamworks demos aren't from this Finnvox session. The only demo from this is: "Shatter Me With Hope (Sword of Democles)".

About the tracklist of "Witches and other night fears", I think that is totally fake.
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »
Here is everything I have, copied directly from the email.

HIM - Demo 2002 (April 28th 2002):

1. Rescue
2. Circle Of Fear
3. This Fortress Of Tears
4. Beyond Redemption
5. The Sacrament
6. Sweet Pandemonium
7. Shine
8. Through The Darkness

Finnvox Studios

HIM - Live 2003 (October 5th 2003):

1. Soul On Fire
2. Lose You Tonight
3. Right Here In My Arms
4. Pandemonium
5. Sacrament
6. Please Don't Let It Go
7. Funeral Of Hearts
8. Buried Alive By Love

HIM - Live Album 2003 (October 15th 2003):

1. Buries Alive By Love
2. Wicked GAme
3. Right Here In My Arms
4. Sacrament
5. Pretending
6. It's All Tears
7. Lose You Tonight
8. Pandemonium
9. Please Don't Let It Go
10. Redemption
11. Your Sweet 666
12. Join Me
13. Soul On Fire

Both are from the same shows played in Semifinal Club.

VILLE VALO Demos 2004 (October 1st 2004)

1. The Face Of Gods
2. Under The Rose
3. ?
4. Venus
5. No More
6. Drunk On Shadows
7. Have No Fear (Extended)

Finnvox Studios

HIM - Demon '07 (January 12th 2007)

1. Love In Cold Blood
2. The Kiss Of Dawn
3. Dead Lovers' Lane
4. Bleed Well
5. Killing Floor

Finnvox Studios

HIM - Pick-Up Lines From Hell, Part 1 (18th Mars 2009)

1. Like St.Valentine
2. Katherine Wheel
3. In Venere Veritas
4. Scared To Death
5. Acoustic Funeral
6. Shatter Me With Hope
7. In The Arms Of Rain
8. Disarm Me With Loneliness

Finnvox Studios

**this was posted by Haddonfield awhile ago in the scared to death thread

Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 01:19:39 AM »
The tracklist of "Witches and other night fears" is fake.

yeah there are like 2 sets of demos from Screamworks - the one done with Hiili at Finnvox called "pick-up lines from hell part 1)
and the only song we have from that is as Luis said "Shatter Me With Hope (Sword of Democles) on Heartkiller maxi single - this is done by Hiili at Finnvox. The rest as leaked on the youtube are more sounding like Matt Squire work , the original songs were also titled as Shatter me Matt or something like that if i remember correctly  ;D but i dont know if it was just titled by some fan girl or originally..

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 06:45:07 AM »
Ignore any tracklists for WAONF i don't think anyone actually knows. The list posted, Cory got from Mika Jussila the mastering engineer at Finnvox. I haven't heard anything about people having the other demos but the SW demos(not the march 2009 finnvox) maybe perlame1 has them all.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:38:58 AM »
there are hundreds of demos in their archive in my opinion. every single released song has at least one demo, unmixed track and so on. there are many uncompleted  songs still in progress....some we'll here in the next album, some in the next 2-3. Ville is very careful what they release and this will never change.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »
I wouldn't mind an Uneasy Listening Vol 3 and 4 to include DL-TOT.   Then we might get to hear some of these but who knows.   The chances of the last 4 cds being re-mastered with bonus tracks by the end records wouldn't even be considered for a long time but it would be cool.  I think we also deserve a Love Metal Archives Vol 2. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:15:19 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
of course there are hundreds of hours of materials and versions and stuff
but for the band its not important as its important for us, as they are putting the best versions in their opinion on album, they keep all the "craps" unreleased and who knows if they are saving versions and stuff
i would love to hear 2000 version of DSBH as it was meant to sound. As we all know the band was pushed to the corner and they had to make it "label´s" way, but at first it was pretty rocking as we know from 2000 live versions of "Beautiful" , "Please Dont Let It Go" .. etc
they should have released this version as the bonus CD for the upcoming remastered reissue of DSBH.

is there anyone with good and trustworth informations about "I have crossed the oceans of wine to find you" ? Its pretty weird song and sounds pretty OLD! I would love to know more about this - when it was recorded ,for what album it was meant or if its just some outtake or what? We know that there are few words used from Resurrection and from SWD version of Resurrection as well (all things come to an end, we dont have to pretend....) but the rest has nothing to do with Resurrection so i certainly dont consider this as a Resurrection demo. But from Villes accent and style i bet its maybe 1995 - 1996? or maybe 1997?

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
I checked the back of my 4 track RHIMA single and it says nothing about I've crossed oceans of wine to find you.   Wonder if it came after this SWD or if he threw that in to resurrection.   would love to know.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
its definitely older than SWD

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
What's the tracklist for the Deep Shadows Demos again?   I have a version of PDLIG, CTTF, SIOW and LYLID.   The Hollola Tapes are different but we don't know the tracklist for that do we?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:16:25 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »
What's the tracklist for the Deep Shadows Demos again?   I have a version of PDLIG, CTTF, SIOW and LYLID.   The Hollola Tapes are different but we don't know the tracklist for that do we?

are the versions you have the promo versions or different versions?
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »
I love this talk abut demos, it's very intersting to know more about that.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »

are the versions you have the promo versions or different versions?

I think they are the promo versions.   I'm getting rusty on my HIM knowledge   So I guess these are just first mixes.. I just like the versions of PDLIG when the drum kicks in the second verse.   Salt In Our Wounds is a little bit different from the album.   The other songs don't sound much different to me.

The deep shadows demos are going to be epic as much as the 2002 demos for LM.   We already caught a glimpse at Beautiful and Again.  I guess the tracks we know about on the Hollola Tapes are:

Beautiful
Again
Lose You Tonight
Close To The Flame
Please Don't Let It Go
Love You Like I Do

I hope Please Don't Let It Go is like the rock version. 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:38 AM »
I never realised so many demos have been out there and known to fans. Apparently I'm less of a fan than I thought I was. :o Could someone please PM me to work out a way for me to get my filthy, greedy hands on the LM and SW demos? Pretty please... ;)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 04:52:13 AM »
LM demos ,... i doubt anyone has them, what i know is that on uneasy listenings 616 versions are demos from LM , its already released officialy on Uneasy Listening and the rest could be released on the reissues in December

but the list that was posted here its not that what we have, but its a schedule or something like that when they worked in Finnvox on what songs

few screamworks leaked demos are on the youtube as i remember 

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 04:56:54 AM »
Yeah, I have Uneasy Listening (not as uneasy as the title suggests, though :P) and I have preordered the reissued albums, I just thought there's more circulating among fans. I'll look up the SW demos on YT, thanks!

Offline eairthrow

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 03:12:35 AM »
I was always wondering in case of such a big band like HIM what "percentage of the music" is done by the band and what percentage by the producer. Listening to these demoes is a great experience to me truly. My personal opinion that the classic RR vibe was already in these demo recordings and the strong pieces were kept for the final version as well. Yeah, I know probably these demoes should not be on YouTube (I don't mind though) but it helped me to fly back to the golden age of HIM. :)
I'm fine but I hear those voices at night...

Offline playdead616

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
Would it be safe to assume that The Path (P.S. Version) could be "Through the Darkness" from the finnvox 2002 demo? It sounds very similar to the 616 Versions/Finnvox Relic Versions. Assuming so, all we need to find is Pandemonium and Sacrament!! I wish I could hear those too :(!!

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline playdead616

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
Studio Rappula/Petrax - Hollola, Fi. 2001:

Again (Hollola Tapes)
Lose You Tonight (Hollola Tapes)
Beautiful  (Hollola Tapes) ... [aka 616 Version on Uneasy Vol.2]
Please Don't Let it Go (Hollola Tapes) ... [aka Punk Rock Version]
Close to the Flame (Hollola Tapes) ... [aka Rappula Tapes (Same Location Diff. Name) on Uneasy Vol.1]
Pretending (Hollola Tapes) ... [aka TRNSFRMTN VRS, Cosmic Pope Ver., both of which are different mixes from the bed-tracks recorded here)
Love You Like I Do (Hollola Tapes)

These are all I know of officially from The Hollola Tapes. There may have been a few more demo'd there.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
Would it be safe to assume that The Path (P.S. Version) could be "Through the Darkness" from the finnvox 2002 demo? It sounds very similar to the 616 Versions/Finnvox Relic Versions. Assuming so, all we need to find is Pandemonium and Sacrament!! I wish I could hear those too :(!!

I am starting to think the path P.S. is through the darkness.  The keyboards sound just like in the beyond redemption demo and at the begining he does excentuate singing "I see through the darkness".   So cool if this were true.   We put together rescue and shine from the whole 616 thing but we could of had another Love Metal demo without even knowing it.

Pandemonium and sacrament are probably so amazing and different due to the fact they picked 4 demos that sounded fairly similar to the album hence not including rescue on this bundle.   

I think they realized they fucked up including the dumb strongroom RR demos instead of slippery when dead.   I think that's why that popped up right around the same time as the announcement.   Either way I am glad we got the whole SWD and 3 new " finvoxx relics".

Next album or bundle there will prob be a new title for the LM demos like...
Sweet Pandemonium (616 relics) or The Sacrament (cosmic pope deliverance ver)

Just call it a demo for fuck sake. 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:39 PM »
I think this "the biblical sense" demo on youtube is the matt squire demo version(scared to death of mr. Squire).  Someone made up this title probably.   I dont think this is from the pick up lines from hel part 1.

I would like to hear the full smother a heart demo.  Soumds better than the album.   Its not from PULFH so idk what this is from.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:08:53 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline playdead616

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »
I think this "the biblical sense" demo on youtube is the matt squire demo version(scared to death of mr. Squire).  Someone made up this title probably.   I dont think this is from the pick up lines from hel part 1.

I would like to hear the full smother a heart demo.  Soumds better than the album.   Its not from PULFH so idk what this is from.

Interesting, how can you be certain of this? I like the Biblical Sense demo, but it sounds like a terrible pc rip. It MUST exist somewhere in full audible format. and I feel like the name is false.. It sounds fan made, I dunno, I'm free to be proven wrong but that name sucks.

Also then, would the PickUp Lines from Hell demos, be the Hilli Mixed Demos from Finland??