Author Topic: Razorblade Romance Demo  (Read 13275 times)

Offline six6sixways2love

Re: Razorblade Romance Demo
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 12:40:18 AM »
I can't believe I'm just now reading (and downloading) this. I feel like a bad fan. I know what I'm listening to on the way to work in the morning
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Jay

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
I can't believe I'm just now reading (and downloading) this. I feel like a bad fan. I know what I'm listening to on the way to work in the morning

What do you think of the demos?

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
Wow, just seen these. Guess I'll check them out before tonight's gig!

DSC5LU

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
This was the greatest and most unexpected leak ever. I literally wept. I remember reading Synnin Viemaa back in '04 and being so excited by the idea of these. I searched so hard for this stuff on Limewire, etc. Now, finally, 10 years later, I have them.

Along the same lines, if anyone has the ever elusive Screamworks demos I'd love to get ahold of them. I know it's not the most loved HIM album among some of you guys, but c'mon! It's fucking HIM! They've never done wrong in my book.

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
I don't think anybody here has the complete SW demo collection, unfortunately.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »
I have decided not to go for it. I thought about it a while ago but then decided to just leave it be.

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Did anybody ever determine the origin/reason why Too Happy To Be Alive leaked ages ago if it was part of this collection?

I can't remember which forum it came from (maybe the HIM section of Bam's forum) but I recall somebody in another band that was friends with or touring with HIM had it given to them and somehow it wound up in one of the member's hands. Not sure if it was intentional or a laptop got stolen. There was much drama about it when it first appeared. Only 30 or so seconds was initially uploaded and caused an uproar of begging. The guy who had it decided the beggars didn't deserve it and wouldn't share. He later posted the full song but intentionally messed up the quality. Finally one of the few people who were sent the file ended up passing it to the rest of us.
I recall this because it was my first run in with annoying hoarders who would rather keep everything for themselves to enjoy some ridiculous sense of superiority instead of sharing with the community. So for my first post here I'd like to give a big fuck you to the people who had this for years and kept it to themselves. ;D

Offline Inferno

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
Did anybody ever determine the origin/reason why Too Happy To Be Alive leaked ages ago if it was part of this collection?

I can't remember which forum it came from (maybe the HIM section of Bam's forum) but I recall somebody in another band that was friends with or touring with HIM had it given to them and somehow it wound up in one of the member's hands. Not sure if it was intentional or a laptop got stolen. There was much drama about it when it first appeared. Only 30 or so seconds was initially uploaded and caused an uproar of begging. The guy who had it decided the beggars didn't deserve it and wouldn't share. He later posted the full song but intentionally messed up the quality. Finally one of the few people who were sent the file ended up passing it to the rest of us.
I recall this because it was my first run in with annoying hoarders who would rather keep everything for themselves to enjoy some ridiculous sense of superiority instead of sharing with the community. So for my first post here I'd like to give a big fuck you to the people who had this for years and kept it to themselves. ;D
Fuck me? Fuck You! You're just jealous =P
You have it now, so be happy lol.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »
Jealous? Goodness, that would imply that I too want to be a hoarding ass with a superiority complex who has no love for the community. No thank you. If I had stuff everyone else didn't have access to, I would gladly share it. I'll never be jealous of that mentality.
But enough of that. Why wasn't this included in the with the remastered set?! I'll never understand why bands don't take the opportunity to monetize stuff like this that fans crave so much.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
Ville doesn't like these demos, so he doesn't want them released. This is why the few who did have them didn't share them with everyone. It's not about being elitist, it was about helping protect the band's wishes.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »
Pfffff, someone has to be an elitist. So thats why i became one, no regrets at all.

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
Ville doesn't like these demos, so he doesn't want them released. This is why the few who did have them didn't share them with everyone. It's not about being elitist, it was about helping protect the band's wishes.

If that is really what it was about, why not delete them? Isn't it hypocritical to say it's not okay for all of the fans to listen because Ville doesn't want them to... But I'll still keep them and listen to them? Unless they were given to you from Ville directly with permission to keep/listen, of course.
I mean no harm to Ville by gladly taking these, I'm merely disagreeing with him. I think they sound amazing.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
I dont care if Valo doesnt want us to hear this demo...:p   

Offline Jay

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
I think Ville's stance on his demos is probably the reason why we don't get a lot of those from the remasters.  While we think they're awesome, he probably feels that they're inferior to the finished product.  I have no real idea, but it's just a thought.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
I think Ville's stance on his demos is probably the reason why we don't get a lot of those from the remasters.  While we think they're awesome, he probably feels that they're inferior to the finished product.  I have no real idea, but it's just a thought.
i think his vocals are inferior to 2011, and everything before that, but doesn't stop him from butchering his songs throughout the year.  :D
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

DSC5LU

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2014, 01:16:10 AM »
i think his vocals are inferior to 2011, and everything before that, but doesn't stop him from butchering his songs throughout the year.  :D

I have to disagree. The last two tours I saw them on we're his best vocal performances ever. I would say the biggest change has been that he doesn't play to the ladies as much these days. He used to shed the shirt and lean in on the girls, but lately it's been all about the music. Maybe you just miss all the moaning and microphone sucking?  ;)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2014, 01:38:23 AM »
Jealous? Goodness, that would imply that I too want to be a hoarding ass with a superiority complex who has no love for the community. No thank you. If I had stuff everyone else didn't have access to, I would gladly share it. I'll never be jealous of that mentality.
But enough of that. Why wasn't this included in the with the remastered set?! I'll never understand why bands don't take the opportunity to monetize stuff like this that fans crave so much.

Really? It has nothing to do with being a hoarder or having a superiority complex. It is like Daedalus said, it's out of respect for the band... NOT necessarily because Ville doesn't like them, but because they were demos of one of their greatest albums and it is not our responsibility to release them. But because someone leaked it they have completely ruined the chances of it being released officially for EVERYONE. So now everyone has something that they'll never be able to experience fully... all for the sake of gaining temporary satisfaction. So good job! You got a little something, but thank god it was rather poor quality... That still leaves us 'hoarders' with the ability to truly experience what some have just ruined for you and everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:40:46 AM by Inferno »
[/

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2014, 02:21:42 AM »
Haha what? So assuming there was ever a chance it was going to see an official release, you know without a doubt that will never happen due to a leak? And somehow that all ties in with keeping the files to yourself? Whatever you say, man. Why don't you leak the high quality files now since you're certain the band will never put them out and that was your only reason to hold on to them?  ;)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2014, 02:38:53 AM »
Haha what? So assuming there was ever a chance it was going to see an official release, you know without a doubt that will never happen due to a leak? And somehow that all ties in with keeping the files to yourself? Whatever you say, man. Why don't you leak the high quality files now since you're certain the band will never put them out and that was your only reason to hold on to them?  ;)
The fact is that until the band throws in the towel there will always be a chance to get these things... IF, after all is said and done, those things don't get released then by all means they will be shared, but until then they will be kept safe and guarded out of respect of the band and those who graciously deemed the 'hoarders' worthy enough. And it's not that we don't share at all... We do share with those close to us whom we trust. Once that trust is tainted, which is what the leak did, then you can be sure to rule out any future stuff us 'hoarders' could get our hands on which would eventually end up in everyone else's hands later on... We can't share what we don't get!
[/

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree, as they say. Try not to wait ten more years to release what you have. Chances are that whatever they wanted out came with the new box set and that's all we're gonna get legitimately.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
Wolfkiller we all understand that you want as much as possible, we are all the same greedy, but you dont have the main point of the whole thing and its that you cant simply just decide if you will leak the band´s unreleased material !!!!!!!! you will only harm your favorite band, whats the point of that? you wanna get attention? likes on facebook and youtube? i mean fuck this attitude , we are here to support are beloved band and were not here to violate their rights , only the band has the right to release and to decide wether they will release something or not, and if they dont want to you just can talk about how you want to do it for the community and blah blah blah, the band is the holy grail, without the band there would be no community
if you think that leaking their unreleased materials is something obligatory that every fan must do if has a chance, than you have to think about if you like the band or if your greediness just overwhelmed you

peace

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »
You missed my point, friend. I'm saying it is hypocritical to declare you care so much about the band and their wishes to not have these demos out there while hanging on to the tracks yourself. If it's really all about respecting the band, you would have deleted your copies of the demos as well. The only exception would be if the band directly gave the tracks to you and for you only. In which case I'd say the band is being hypocritical then haha.

DSC5LU

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »
You missed my point, friend. I'm saying it is hypocritical to declare you care so much about the band and their wishes to not have these demos out there while hanging on to the tracks yourself. If it's really all about respecting the band, you would have deleted your copies of the demos as well. The only exception would be if the band directly gave the tracks to you and for you only. In which case I'd say the band is being hypocritical then haha.

I understand what you're saying, but this is ridiculous logic. Believing something should not be widely distributed is not the same as believing that no one in the world should have it.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »
There's nothing hypocritical about it... The music doesn't have to come from the band, it could be the producers or anyone else that worked on the music. In some sense the music is partly their own work too and sometimes, within means, they share their work with those they trust... Those that won't release it to the public. Those that get it may also second-handedly share it with those they trust as well, but often times it with the consent of the original person who shared. The work is never supposed to be leaked or be shared outside that inner-circle of people. It is not hypocritical to hold on to something you don't want leaked as long as there is no intention of leaking it yourself... Sharing it would be hypocritical.
[/