Author Topic: HIM a Type O Negative cover band?  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Wolfkiller

HIM a Type O Negative cover band?
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:01:55 AM »
I apologize if this is the wrong place (feel free to move or rename this to the "Random questions" thread) but I've never found any more info about this in all my years as a HIM fan.
Back in the day, there was a rumor that HIM started out as a Type O Negative cover band. Is there any truth to this? If so, why has nothing surfaced from those days? Why no official cover during their entire career?
Type O is probably my favorite band of all time (tied with NIN) so it's always gnawed at me that I never got an answer about this. Figured one of you crazies might be able to help. ;)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: HIM a Type O Negative cover band?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:24 AM »
since its well known fact that Ville and Mige loved joking and making fun during the interviews, most of the stuff was half-truth or non-truth lie , its difficult, even in these days, to know when they are meaning what they are saying and when they are just talking shits

if you wanna know more about how they started with the music and the band i recommend you to check on the youtube there was one interview with Ville and Mige , its old , 2000 or 2001 and Ville had a purple leather jacket and there was Mige. They were talking about all kind of stuff, but still you cant be sure if they were talking truth all the time and if they were not just saying shits

check that interview, there is a history of His Infernal Majesty name and why it became just HIM and how Ville was a drummer at first and all kind of stuff, there was Mige talking about some Flute playing LOL i dont know if they were just joking, it was all weird, i remember the interview had german subtitles so it was probably some german TV interview

and to the point, i just wanted to say that i have never heard such a rumor and i think its just a terrible rumor as the one that a lot of fans still believe that the Sleepwalking Past Hope is on "Witches and other night fears" demo.....

maybe thats why there is no single "anything" from "these days" because its not truth?  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:43:21 AM by 616 »

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:02 AM »
I'm gonna be off the topic here, but since Witches and Other Night Fears was mentioned, does such a demo tape actually exist or is it just another rumour? It's become so mythical over the years, but what do we really know about it?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:34:54 AM »
off topis reply - it exists , Ville and Mige confirmed it in the video interview
http://loudwire.com/him-ville-valo-mikko-mige-paananen-wikipedia-fact-or-fiction/

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:32:46 AM »
Thanks!