Author Topic: HIM Minions  (Read 15207 times)

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
Re: HIM Minions
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »
I love how this color combo just pops.

It really does! Pink and yellow are great together :D
How did you do that though? Did you use Select By Color (or something similar) to change the heartagram stuff to yellow, then add the flame-y parts to the pic and duplicate/curve bend it somehow? (I'm sorry, I don't exactly have this kind of English vocabulary xD)

It's been ages since I did photo editing... I actually wanted to toy around with it a bit recently but I'm as creative as a brick. I require promts and a quite specific vision of what I want to do. Also, more resources. I didn't even add brushes or fonts to GIMP and I've had this laptop for years. Literally. Can't do anything without a good set of brushes :D
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »
I love how this color combo just pops.

It really does! Pink and yellow are great together :D
How did you do that though? Did you use Select By Color (or something similar) to change the heartagram stuff to yellow, then add the flame-y parts to the pic and duplicate/curve bend it somehow? (I'm sorry, I don't exactly have this kind of English vocabulary xD)

It's been ages since I did photo editing... I actually wanted to toy around with it a bit recently but I'm as creative as a brick. I require promts and a quite specific vision of what I want to do. Also, more resources. I didn't even add brushes or fonts to GIMP and I've had this laptop for years. Literally. Can't do anything without a good set of brushes :D

The blue-green one with your username and the yellow and pink one were both made using the photo that is your current profile pic. To turn it pink/yellow I used a feature called "Solarize" on both. A "Water Swirl" was added to the blue/green one to whirl around that flamey look (which was already a part of the original photo) around a bit more. And then inverted to turn from pink/yellow to blue/green. Both pictures were given a feature called "Kaleidoscope" which is what duplicates it and warps it around depending on what settings you use. You can adjust whether you want it to bend horizontally, vertically, none, or both, as well as just how far you want it to bend. Compared to most people (and their programs) I am just a noob. But if you ever want me to do something specific for you I could give it a shot.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
That's pretty cool!

It's actually the other way around, I'd try myself if I knew what I wanted, but thanks for the offer :)

If I do start photo editing again I really need to read up on tools again. I forgot everything /o\
I made a couple of custom pics for a browser game and a few make-a-pic-nicer-and-add-an-inspirational-quote thingies years and years ago. Actually, I was really happy with some of them, I really do want to start again.

I'll be out in the interwebz hunting for inspiration :D

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
Kiss of Dawn lyrics...?
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »
(I post this here because people were talking about misheard lyrics in this thread earlier. Not sure if this is actually misheard, though xD)

So, as we all know, Ville likes to play around with lyrics sometimes. Like, 'Let me look into your eyes' becomes 'let me look between your thighs'.
Today I had a look at the The Kiss of Dawn performances from this year and noticed that he sometimes changed the following line as well. I'm not exactly sure I understand it correctly, a few times I heard 'and kiss all death goodbye' but at least twice it sounded like 'and hit on death goodbye' :D

Someone tell me I'm not deaf yet?

https://youtu.be/dN2st-f_YeI?t=1m48s

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Kiss of Dawn lyrics...?
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:50 PM »

No can do. :P He definitely sings "and kiss all death goodbye" in that video.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
Re: Kiss of Dawn lyrics...?
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »

No can do. :P He definitely sings "and kiss all death goodbye" in that video.

Well, fuck xD

I listened to it again today, I mean, it was pretty late for me yesterday. I still don't hear it though :D
Even if I try to hear it as 'kiss all death', the more often I listen to it, the clearer I hear 'hit on death'.

I mean, the <kiss> or <hit> is debatable because it's really short and difficult to make out in that video, especially <k > or <h > is unclear. But even if <s > and <t > are very similar phonetically, the <s > should be pretty audible since it's a sibilant.
Same goes for <l > and <n >, they are phonetically similar. It's still a clear <n > to me, though.
(No, I didn't spend the day reading about phonetics, what do you mean? : D)

I'm not a linguist (yet :D) but I'd imagine one factor for why we hear it differently is because of different first languages?
I went through your posts to see where you're from (Sorry about that, I'm usually not that creepy xD) and I assume yours is English, so that could be a reason.

However, I could always just blame/thank Billy Talent. I knew it was too loud but listening to their music safed my sanity a couple of years ago. And without having tried Not Sane, I'd choose sanity over perfect hearing xD

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:28 PM »
It does sorta sound like hit. But it doesn't make any sense, so I'm going with kiss.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »
I heard kiss. And there are still lyrics I am hearing wrong lol. I am starting to notice more of them. I think it is because a lot of what I thought I heard is stuff that actually would and does make sense as HIM lyrics, it just isn't what he actually said.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2018, 08:07:29 PM »
So... besides some stuff in "What are you listening to?" I haven't posted any weird random shit in quite a while. Time to do that I guess. I mean, with the band broken up that is what I have left now, ya? So anyway I have had this odd dream at least twice now of Ville doing a song that is clearly the lyrical melody of Sting's Desert Rose but in Finnish... well at least I think it is supposed to be. It definitely isn't in English but I only have an individual words Finnish vocabulary so there is no way I could dream in full sentences. The lighting is tiki torches. The band are all men in hawaiian themed shirts with platinum blonde spiky hairstyles (kind of like John Cooper of Skillet when they did Alien Youth and Invincible) and wearing sunglasses. Ville isn't wearing the theme though. First the band is just kind of jamming and then these female dancers with long sandy blonde hair come out. They are completely naked except for hot pink stockings and pumps. They do a type of "dancing" that I won't describe here... Bizarre, huh? No clue wtf my subconscious mind is doing.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2018, 03:37:03 AM »
Reminds me of that Full House episode where they're in Hawaii and The Beach Boys play.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »
I went to look for it since you mentioned it and in the Hawaii episode they are singing an Elvis song. "Beach Boy Bingo" is a different episode where DJ wins concert tickets by calling in on the radio. Unless there is another episode I looked over. Boy, I forgot just how corny that show really is. The difference between the years that I grew up in and the ever blossoming technological era manages to even make me feel old and I am only 25.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »
Yeah, I got the two episodes mixed up. I'm not the Full House expert I thought I was. I just remember that scene where they're all on stage in Hawaii and your dream immediately made me think of that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:05:24 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »