Author Topic: HIM Minions  (Read 15194 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: HIM Minions
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »
My ideal list, ignoring all sense of balancing all the albums, or only songs they've played live:

Sigillum Diaboli
Heartache Every Moment
Bury Me Deep Inside
Endless Dark
I Love You
And Love Said No
Into The Night
Like Saint Valentine
Pretending
Lose You Tonight
Tears on Tape
Venus Doom
WLSTD
In Love and Lonely
The Heartless
Katherine Wheel
The Funeral of Hearts
When Love and Death Embrace

If I experienced that set, I'd die happy.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »
My ideal list, ignoring all sense of balancing all the albums, or only songs they've played live:

Sigillum Diaboli
Heartache Every Moment
Bury Me Deep Inside
Endless Dark
I Love You
And Love Said No
Into The Night
Like Saint Valentine
Pretending
Lose You Tonight
Tears on Tape
Venus Doom
WLSTD
In Love and Lonely
The Heartless
Katherine Wheel
The Funeral of Hearts
When Love and Death Embrace

If I experienced that set, I'd die happy.
Out of three lists that's three common songs. Like St. Valentine, And Love Said No, and Heartache Every Moment. Not bad really. Tastes on here for favorites seem to vary so for three lists I was almost expecting one or none.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »
Errbody loves ALSN and HEM. They really ought to bring them back full time. At least HEM, since they don't play anything from DSBH anymore.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
When I am bored I can't help but ponder random and often pointless things. My latest meandering of the mind has brought me this thought..... sometimes artists make accounts on some of their fan sites and actually follow the things that are being said about them and even comment on things (I know at one point members of FOB did this) so my thought is.... if the members of HIM had secretly made accounts for themselves on here, I wonder what usernames they would be under?
This is a rhetorical question, btw, but I guess if anyone actually wants to try to answer it that could be amusing.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 08:02:05 PM »
I could tell you who I am, but then I'd have to kill you all.  ;)

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
I could tell you who I am, but then I'd have to kill you all.  ;)

For those just dying to know. 

Okay... I know.... lame pun.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
its secret  ;) ;D

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 01:49:50 AM »
its secret  ;) ;D

Hmm now I'm not sure if you guys are just teasing me or being serious.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 02:01:51 AM »
we´re always serious as we can be  ;D

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:07 AM »

I guess it is possible though I consider it unlikely. Most of the band seems like they wouldn't be interested in lurking around these things except Gas who does follow and comment on his Facebook. You can get him to respond to you if you comment right when he is online. But I haven't been among the lucky ones who catch him at just the right time.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 02:10:42 AM »

I guess it is possible though I consider it unlikely. Most of the band seems like they wouldn't be interested in lurking around these things except Gas who does follow and comment on his Facebook. You can get him to respond to you if you comment right when he is online. But I haven't been among the lucky ones who catch him at just the right time.

He sent me a Happy Birthday message once. A friend of mine contacted him and told him when my birthday was. Dude actually remembered and he was on tour at the time. Class act, that Gas guy.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »

He sent me a Happy Birthday message once. A friend of mine contacted him and told him when my birthday was. Dude actually remembered and he was on tour at the time. Class act, that Gas guy.

That is pretty awesome.  :)

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »
Quite a while ago I was playing this game called Osu! and it didn't have any HIM songs so I was just like....okay....I'll make one myself! I settled on doing Killing Loneliness. But I am not so great at the map making. Not skilled enough to finish my map but too proud of what little I was able to do to scrap it. So I just look at it sometimes and wish it were completed or that I knew somebody who could finish it for me....oh well. Seems that Osu! is gonna remain HIMless for a while.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
I've gotten into a bad habit of singing Your Sweet Six Six Six wrong because for the longest time I thought he was saying "I will carve your sweet six six six in my heart" not "I welcome your sweet six six six in my heart". There are some other songs I know I heard what he said wrong but I can't think of them right now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:07:50 PM by KissTheVoid »

Offline Jay

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
I gotten into a bad habit of singing Your Sweet Six Six Six wrong because for the longest time I thought he was saying "I will carve your sweet six six six in my heart" not "I welcome your sweet six six six in my heart". There are some other songs I know I heard what he said wrong but I can't think of them right now.

What about the "I'm ready for waffles...and I welcome (will carve, as you say) your sweet six six six in my hearrrt"

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »
I gotten into a bad habit of singing Your Sweet Six Six Six wrong because for the longest time I thought he was saying "I will carve your sweet six six six in my heart" not "I welcome your sweet six six six in my heart". There are some other songs I know I heard what he said wrong but I can't think of them right now.

What about the "I'm ready for waffles...and I welcome (will carve, as you say) your sweet six six six in my hearrrt"

Never heard anything about waffles.... yet. Haha "hearrrt" For me it has to be Beyond RRRedemption. He does flip the R a little bit but for some reason for this particular song I feel the need to roll it completely. One of the things I really like about Screamworks is that Ville says some of the words more like a Fin. "Lift the lid off your heart's casket" he says it like "leed". And then I always thought "oncoming" sounded kind of funny in "the light of the oncoming train". But I like that they are different. And then I just really like the rolled r's in In Venere Verrritas and when he says Ave Marrria.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »
Normally I remember absolutely nothing of my dreams of HIM songs when I wake up except that there was one. But this time the flavor of whatever one I was dreaming was stuck on my brain enough for me to remember the tiniest bit. It was like In the NightSide of Eden+Tears In Heaven+the beginning of Money For Nothing. Ended up with "And all the tears fall down, on this day in Heaven" as the only thing I remember of the chorus. And something about "shards of stained glass being scattered on the floor like so many fears and burdens we cast at God's door" being somewhere else.

Oh silly brain of mine and your mish mashing of things together.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »
There was a point in time where I thought the line "I'm ready for the fall and I'm ready..." was "I'm ready for the phone and I'm ready..."
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »
There was a point in time where I thought the line "I'm ready for the fall and I'm ready..." was "I'm ready for the phone and I'm ready..."

I feel like there needs to be some joke here about how Ville doesn't really like all the new technology very much when he can just talk to people in person....like "It is time! I am finally ready for the phone! I won't be able to use half the functions on the f**king thing.... but who cares!?"

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »
Thread title doesn't really have to do with anything. Honestly, I just think it sounds cool. Anyways.... the social aspect on here seems a little bit dusty. I see lots of potential but almost nobody chatting or getting to know each other. I am new so maybe everyone who would do that has already got together and chat outside the site or something... or maybe use Facebook. Lots of fans on the Facebook pages. But I felt like it was too sporadic, like picking people totally at random and trying to get to know them.

Because it seemed so impersonal on Facebook I came here. For a while now I have been looking for fangirls and boys and not finding any really... I'm tired of people asking my favorite band and then having no clue what I'm talking about... and asking me "Who?" every time I say HIM. Heck, I did it too when I first discovered them but after a while it gets really annoying. If you like to fangirl/fanboy all over the place when it comes to the band you should reply or send me a message and who knows maybe we'll have something else in common?

I'd rather be called a HIM Minion than a HIMster any day of the week. I'm as old as the guys in the band and I've been a music lover all my life, I don't want to be labeled with what I consider to be a kiddie name for being a HIM fan.  I don't come on here all the time, but this is the only forum where I trust the information and the knowledge given when it comes to the band.  I'm not a middle aged Ville obsessed woman, I truly love the music and all the guys in the band, but I do have my moments.  :D  They each bring something special to the songs and I couldn't imagine there being any other incarnation of HIM.

I do understand about the impersonal feeling of Facebook. While I do go on there for band information, I feel like most of the people on the fan pages are idiots. Like a rabid pack of wolves and name calling and just drama that as an older person does not appeal to me. It's harder to pick a friend on there and like you said, get to know them.  I almost feel as though you get categorized within the HIM domain as what kind of fan you are based on 1) which album you like, 2) which band member you like. I get so tired of hearing terms like "true fan" and "real fan" being thrown around when a discussion comes up over liking or disliking something the band did.  But I think I am rambling now....haha....

And don't be discouraged either about posting or the infrequent posting as you may find.  For me, personally, I've had a lot going on in the past year. I moved, my mother has cancer (which is really tough to deal with) and I've dealt with my share of depression and just being unhappy with where I am in life. But the music and HIM will always remain a constant for me. There is comfort in the lyrics and songs. It does make it tough to come on all the time, but I think in general this is the best forum/site to come to for honest information about the band.  I've learned a lot just by reading the list in the music database when I've been adding to my collection.  So....hope that helps!  I like everyone here and am happy to chat with anyone.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2015, 04:18:19 AM »
@Jaded_Heart

Haha yeah. HIM came out as a band the year BEFORE I was born. There is an interview Ville did on his 20th birthday and when I turned 20 I was thinking.... "Look at what he was doing... and look what I have accomplished with my 20 years.... absolutely nothing!" I try not to call people old because I find it rude but sometimes they just make me feel so much like a child. All my friends are like "Hey, let's go to Warped Tour and this show and that show!" And I'm just here like, "Man, if only I could have went to a HIM concert in the 90's..... as a baby and all that cause that would have went over just great..... -.- "

I am so glad I found this site. Lack of a place to release my enthusiasm was seriously driving me bananas. As far as interest in things goes there is only really two levels for me, lack of interest and obsessive. The Discussion forum description says "Express your lust here" and I instantly liked that because that was exactly what I had felt the need to do. I was at the point where I had wanted to pull my hair out because I had wanted to vent so bad and there was nobody to tell it to. Except my bestie and my friend from Finland but there is only so much fangirling they can stand lol

"Incarnation of HIM" I like the sound of that a lot, I think it has a rather nice ring to it. Maybe I will put that on my next HIM photo edit project whenever I get around to it. I don't really think of any of the people on the fan pages as idiots, after all if they like HIM they must have good taste at least =P but I do understand what you mean about them being a bit too dramatic.... not that I am not....I have my dramatic streaks to be certain but it is mostly just a side effect of having been a drama club student and too much books/tv not actually trying to cause drama. Also people on the internet seem to like to target me for bullying even though I am never really mean to anyone so I get rather fed up with that stuff. Glad I don't have to deal with it here. And feel free to ramble on about anything you like!!!

There definitely is comfort in the music. HIM is the one band that knows my happiness as much as my tears. Weird as it may be I judge whether I think a book or movie is truly great based on whether or not it can make me cry. How attached can they make me to the characters (or in music the sentiment) and how devastated can they make me be when you take them away or the movie/book ends.

As nice as I am sure being a Ville fangirl just for the hell of it is... he is my idol. Attractive as he is I can't really be interested in someone for just that reason. It is not in my nature. I am sorry if you do not get this reference but for me it is kind of like in Labyrinth where Hoggle is going to throw the peach away and he hears Jareth's voice (in his mind/from the sky?) saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Like when I am doing things I probably shouldn't I hear what I imagine Ville might have to say on the subject in my head.

Offline Jay

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2015, 10:33:50 PM »
Well we are glad to have you here. When the site first started (11 years ago...yikes) I had no intentions of having a forum. But it's the best thing I did. Without the community everyone built here, the site would have died out long ago.

So lust away, it's your HIM-given right. Billy is one cool fucker. True rock star without trying. If I was gay, I'd have a crush on him. More so than I already do as a straight man lol.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:35:11 PM by Jay »

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2015, 02:23:03 AM »
Well we are glad to have you here. When the site first started (11 years ago...yikes) I had no intentions of having a forum. But it's the best thing I did. Without the community everyone built here, the site would have died out long ago.

So lust away, it's your HIM-given right. Billy is one cool fucker. True rock star without trying. If I was gay, I'd have a crush on him. More so than I already do as a straight man lol.

Damn straight! Oooooor not.  ;) Either way.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »
@Jaded_Heart

Haha yeah. HIM came out as a band the year BEFORE I was born. There is an interview Ville did on his 20th birthday and when I turned 20 I was thinking.... "Look at what he was doing... and look what I have accomplished with my 20 years.... absolutely nothing!" I try not to call people old because I find it rude but sometimes they just make me feel so much like a child. All my friends are like "Hey, let's go to Warped Tour and this show and that show!" And I'm just here like, "Man, if only I could have went to a HIM concert in the 90's..... as a baby and all that cause that would have went over just great..... -.- "

I am so glad I found this site. Lack of a place to release my enthusiasm was seriously driving me bananas. As far as interest in things goes there is only really two levels for me, lack of interest and obsessive. The Discussion forum description says "Express your lust here" and I instantly liked that because that was exactly what I had felt the need to do. I was at the point where I had wanted to pull my hair out because I had wanted to vent so bad and there was nobody to tell it to. Except my bestie and my friend from Finland but there is only so much fangirling they can stand lol

"Incarnation of HIM" I like the sound of that a lot, I think it has a rather nice ring to it. Maybe I will put that on my next HIM photo edit project whenever I get around to it. I don't really think of any of the people on the fan pages as idiots, after all if they like HIM they must have good taste at least =P but I do understand what you mean about them being a bit too dramatic.... not that I am not....I have my dramatic streaks to be certain but it is mostly just a side effect of having been a drama club student and too much books/tv not actually trying to cause drama. Also people on the internet seem to like to target me for bullying even though I am never really mean to anyone so I get rather fed up with that stuff. Glad I don't have to deal with it here. And feel free to ramble on about anything you like!!!

There definitely is comfort in the music. HIM is the one band that knows my happiness as much as my tears. Weird as it may be I judge whether I think a book or movie is truly great based on whether or not it can make me cry. How attached can they make me to the characters (or in music the sentiment) and how devastated can they make me be when you take them away or the movie/book ends.

As nice as I am sure being a Ville fangirl just for the hell of it is... he is my idol. Attractive as he is I can't really be interested in someone for just that reason. It is not in my nature. I am sorry if you do not get this reference but for me it is kind of like in Labyrinth where Hoggle is going to throw the peach away and he hears Jareth's voice (in his mind/from the sky?) saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Like when I am doing things I probably shouldn't I hear what I imagine Ville might have to say on the subject in my head.

You make some rather valid points!  I think you hit the nail on the head as far as how you described judging books, etc., by how the affect your emotions. That is exactly why I love HIM. For me, if a band has crap lyrics then there is no amount of guitar or bass or anything else that can save it.  It has to touch my soul and Ville's writing does just that.  He may not be the best singer on earth (although I think he's pretty close) but the way he incorporates the musical aspects and his emotion into the songs, they just come to life and I think that is what gets me.  The slight keyboard or a small chord on the guitar all play a role in the music. I think he's brilliant and doesn't get enough credit for what he tries to create with the band. And I can only imagine how disappointing it would be if something wasn't as successful as he'd hoped.

I don't know how or why anyone could be a fangirl for the hell of it. LOL. I understand you though- there has to be a connection to someone to make them that attractive.  I would love to just sit and talk to any of the guys in the band and have a normal conversation with them. I think they are all interesting in their own way and bring that to the band.  Although now we don't know what will happen with Gas leaving. So damn sad!!  I can't tell you how many times I kicked myself in the ass for not making serious plans to go to Finland at least once for Helldone. Now, I feel like there is no point because the band (the incarnation, haha) that I fell in love with is now going to change.  I am hoping that the right person will come along though and they will be re-energized to continue playing in the band.  I love them all and just really want them to be happy in their lives, they truly deserve to be.

And yeah, ramblings from an elder here....sheesh.... :P 

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2015, 10:11:35 PM »
Unless you speak Finnish I don't think you would get much "normal conversation" from Linde or Burton (and even if you do, maybe not). But talking to Ville, Mige, or Gas would for sure be interesting. At the same time I feel like it would be sort of awkward. In my case maybe even not physically possible because I have bad social anxiety but I still do like entertaining that thought as well.

I just moved so I finally was able to hang all my posters (I didn't have the wall space before). So my Tears On Tape door poster and a Metal Hammer Angel/Devil poster I just got were able to go up for the first time. I got the poster on ebay and I think it came from a user on here because the names match and so goes the shipping location to their listed location on here. When I was looking for one to get I almost got this one that is super teeny bopper of Ville. It reminded me of when I used to buy those teen celeb magazines. Although now that I think about it I never bought them for any of the people inside, always for the horoscopes and quizzes. Anyways it was doubled sided and had another person on the back. I was like "Mom who the hell is this?" Ends up it was one of the Spice Girls.

For some reason whenever anyone uses the word elder or elderly I imagine people who are probably 70 or older lol.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:25:58 PM by KissTheVoid »