Author Topic: Helldone 2014 (+New album incoming)  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Len777

Re: Helldone 2014 (+New album incoming)
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
Speaking of guitars, what would really be cool is if Linde switched back to the lower B tuning that he used to use. That would make for a refreshing, but also old school, sound for the guitars and for the overall sound as well. The "HIM sound" that they've created for themselves really needs to be refreshed now and mixed up a little bit, but it still has to stay true to what and who they are. Something as simple as going back to that tuning on the guitar after all this time could at least help to do that, I feel.

I think my perfect mix as of right now would be a return to the lower tuned guitar, with prominent keyboard parts like on Dark Light with all of the different sorts of sounds Burton was able to achieve on that album, combined with Love Metal-like lyrics. It would be an interesting combination to hear for sure.
if I had a like button you would've received one for this, you hit the nail on the head my friend. He definitely needs to revisit the B standard or "Type O Negative" baritone tuning he had on Greatest Lovesongs and Razorblade Romance, I'm pretty sure everyone would love how the album turned out.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
if dec 2016 is not mistake, thats why they delay reissue disc for the next summer  :D

SwagSaget

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
if dec 2016 is not mistake, thats why they delay reissue disc for the next summer  :D

Haha. Wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: I think the one thing we're all forgetting when it comes to our fantasy new albums is that Ville's voice isn't what it once was. Not that it still should be after all these years, but it changes a lot of what the band is capable of doing, and it can make an otherwise strong song sound weak with a weak voice. I'm hoping he has a good long rest of his voice before recording begins so that it can be as strong as it possibly can be. I'm not a fan of the sort of whispery vocals and the low vocals for the sake of low vocals because the high notes are too high for him to reach now without really straining and sounding bad.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:50:23 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 11:41:42 PM »
My wish list and hopes for a new album....something so devilishly clever yet drowning with emotion from the lyrics to the music. I would love for a cross between Venus Doom and GLSV666. The heavy chords and the doomy music is just lacking lately.....to me....and an album that lasts longer than 35 minutes.  I love them all but the last 2 were too short.  Like right when you get into your listening groove the damn album is over. 

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »
One thing is for sure: whatever Ville announces about the new album, he cannot be believed. I mean, he has lied so many times before about what the upcoming albums would be like, I'm not going to build my hopes on what he says anymore. Personally I'd like some gloom and doom musically, plus some clever, tongue-in-cheek lyrics, like those on Screamworks. Won't happen anyway, 'spose.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:41 AM »
I think he does it on purpose, not to be malicious, but just because he don't give a fuck. He'll say whatever because he can and people will listen. Or he's so fucked up at this point that he isn't aware of the words coming out of his mouth.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 04:01:27 AM »
Yeah, I don't suspect malice of him, but this I-don't-give-a-fuck-ism you mention could be it.  ;D

Offline slipperywhendead

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »
I think he does it on purpose, not to be malicious, but just because he don't give a fuck. He'll say whatever because he can and people will listen. Or he's so fucked up at this point that he isn't aware of the words coming out of his mouth.

Mwhahah, "like" button is needed here

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
We've talked about adding that feature. For now, the karma system pretty much serves the same effect.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 06:11:10 AM »
TUE 30.12.
DANIEL LIONEYE & THE ROLLERS
The Rollers called it quits after playing only a handful of shows in 1999-2000. Too much, too soon. Despite of their relatively short lifespan this first manifestation of HIM guitarist Linde’s solo career managed to release an album appropriately titled “The King of Rock’n Roll”. The title track became the theme song of Bam Margera’s TV show Viva La Bam. The rest of the songs, like, say, International Pussy Lover, they became something else. Radio hits they weren’t, but the heart of rock’n’roll skipped a beat, nevertheless. Expect a healthy dose of root remedies rammed down your throats by messieurs Daniel Lioneye, Bad Mize and Bil Bao. Mercy!

Now I wish I could be there. If anyone records anything to do with Helldone, I hope it's this.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:14:02 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 07:21:58 AM »
i second that!

and i love the poster of that with the penis icon instead of "I" in Lioneye , LOL  ;D

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 09:03:51 PM »
Once i saw they were playing i was hoping someone was going to record it also and really wish they would live stream it especially the new years show
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Jay

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »

Mwhahah, "like" button is needed here

Ask and you shall receive...we can now Like shit.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »
Once i saw they were playing i was hoping someone was going to record it also and really wish they would live stream it especially the new years show

It's gonna be a pain in the ass messaging all of the people on YouTube who upload a video of the DL performance and asking them if they can send me the original files from their camera/phone/potato/dildo, but it'll also be worth it in this instance. Maybe, just maybe, someone will understand just how important that show will be to capture in the highest quality possible with the highest care, and we'll get lucky and someone will make a badass recording and upload it to somewhere like Dime A Dozen for us all to download and pleasure ourselves to. A man can dream, can't he? The big question is, though: Will the majority of the people at that show even know who Daniel Lioneye is? I'd like to think so, but I'm honestly not sure.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
This mysterious act from 'somewhere behind God's back' has until now kept the lowest of low profiles. The few who managed to catch a glimpse of Rambo Rimbaud's live appearances under various monikers in the mid noughties confess in unison that they had been blown away. 'It's hard to put a finger on the music, other than it being out of this world, emotional and very powerful. I actually remember wondering where they have disappeared!' After these humble beginnings, a series of unfortunate events brought about a forced hiatus of almost ten years, but now Rambo Rimbaud is finally working on its debut album, tentatively entitled "Militantly Violent Libertine".

I'm curious about this Rambo Rimbaud-act. Is it Mige?
(Ville with Jesse?)

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »
 Just gonna list some stuff I wouldn't mind seeing something like again.

-The melodic bits like the last minute of Cyanide Sun

-An all acoustic melody like Song or Suicide but longer

-A song like Katherine Wheel if it had been given the Venus Doom spank

-Particularly gothic/dark romanticism influence/vibe like Dark Light

-A song with Ville Laihiala or Jyrki 69
  -Okay so this one is a bit far fetched but you don't really see HIM songs done with other artists, it is always Ville off doing a project with someone else by himself. So I think it is time HIM (not just Ville) did a song with someone else. Ville Laihiala of Poisonblack or The 69 Eyes singer Jyrki 69 being my preference. I would like to have there be a HIM song with a bit more lust and carnage and I think one of these guys (hey f*ck it, why not both?) would be the way to do it.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 03:44:57 AM »
As far as the next album goes, I hope the mindset of the band is: “A lot of people are saying we've lost a step or two. Some even feel that we've lost it all completely. We need to show everyone that we're still capable of making a classic album, one that deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as our first four and that will stand the test of time like those albums have.” As long as that happens, I have faith that the next album will be good.

What I don't want to happen is another Tears On Tape. I enjoyed the album when it first came out because it was finally something new, and that long hiatus had me yearning and hyped all to hell for a new album. Ever since then, though, it's left a bad taste in my mouth that definitely needs to go away. It's a decent album all said and done, but it's not anywhere close to what the band is capable of. It was rushed out the door with songs that weren't quite ready and weren't polished up yet with instrumentals to fill in the gaps and take up time due to not having enough material suitable enough for release, and it certainly shows. The band was in a different position back then, though, so I understand why they wanted to just get another album out the door so they could try to gain back all of the ground that they lost, but now they have something to prove, in my eyes. I hope Tears On Tape was just an anomaly and not the norm moving forward, because that would really suck.

Also, I want someone new to produce it to provide something fresh. I want Johnny Lee Michaels. He should be convenient, cheap, and just as easy to get as Hiili. His work with The 69 Eyes has always been fantastic. He knows what he's doing with that type of music, at least. He could help to bring back that dark, gothic vibe that the band has lost over the years, but put his own unique spin on it so that the album comes out sounding like something new, which is very much needed, but also something familiar so that it's not too much of a departure from the norm. I think they'd work well together. He could take that patented HIM formula that works so well, tweak it and expand on it a little bit, and I think whatever comes out of that would end up sounding awesome. I'm just tired of the same old thing, but I don't want some damn Nickelodeon producer again either. Fuck that noise. Dude ruined Screamworks singlehandedly. It would've been a solid album had anyone else produced it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:57:29 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »
Just gonna list some stuff I wouldn't mind seeing something like again.

-The melodic bits like the last minute of Cyanide Sun

-An all acoustic melody like Song or Suicide but longer

-A song like Katherine Wheel if it had been given the Venus Doom spank

-Particularly gothic/dark romanticism influence/vibe like Dark Light

-A song with Ville Laihiala or Jyrki 69
  -Okay so this one is a bit far fetched but you don't really see HIM songs done with other artists, it is always Ville off doing a project with someone else by himself. So I think it is time HIM (not just Ville) did a song with someone else. Ville Laihiala of Poisonblack or The 69 Eyes singer Jyrki 69 being my preference. I would like to have there be a HIM song with a bit more lust and carnage and I think one of these guys (hey f*ck it, why not both?) would be the way to do it.
*Edit- I have learned today that this should say Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto, formerly of Poisonblack, as he is the one who did vocals for Escapexstacy which is the one I like. Just thought I would fix it and give my credit where it was due.

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2015, 03:50:15 AM »
Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto is mainly the singer of Charon. Unfortunately they are not active now but he's still around.
He also did vocals for Poisonblack's first album and it was amazing.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Inferno

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
What's wrong with Ville, the current Poisonblack singer? I thought he did great with this style of music back when Sentenced was together. Charon broke up so we won't be seeing those guys ever again which sucks cause I was really looking forward to the next album they were working on... 'Songs for the Sinners' was great.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2015, 02:13:08 AM »
What's wrong with Ville, the current Poisonblack singer? I thought he did great with this style of music back when Sentenced was together. Charon broke up so we won't be seeing those guys ever again which sucks cause I was really looking forward to the next album they were working on... 'Songs for the Sinners' was great.
There isn't anything wrong with Ville. It is just that when it comes to Poisonblack I prefer his (Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto's) vocal. I like it because I think it is more rich and seductive sounding which I thought paired so great with the songs/theme they had going in Escapexstacy. After listening to it I just couldn't really get into the stuff that came later. The typo was caused by Wiki confusion. After listening to Raskasta Joulua this holiday season (Tonttu/The Elf, Here on the Hay)  I have fallen even more in love with it. Definitely going to look into Charon some more. I took a look before but not very thoroughly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:55:31 AM by KissTheVoid »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »
Well Poisonblack was mainly created so that Ville could do what he loved by playing lead guitar and get his "inner demons" out by writing the music. LP decided not to stick around so Ville took up the lead vocals after that so now he does both. If he would have kept the same themes as the first album it basically would have been Sentenced 2.0 lol, but the newer stuff certainly has it's place and there is still the occasional song that goes along with what you described.

And I love the bluesy sound of this one:
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/