Author Topic: 2015 Tour  (Read 49671 times)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: 2015 Tour
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
Gone, but certainly not forgotten:

Stigmata Diaboli, Our Diabolikal Rapture, Salt In Our Wounds, Lose You Tonight, Close To The Flame, Please Don't Let It Go, Beyond Redemption, Sweet Pandemonium, And Love Said No, Vampire Heart, Under The Rose, Behind The Crimson Door, Play Dead, Dead Lovers' Lane, Love, The Hardest Way, and I Will Be The End Of You.

Everyone please have a moment of silence for each of those wonderful songs that each have a minimum of twenty live performances (according to setlist.fm and excluding any covers like Solitary Man). They live on forever in our hearts.

That's not to mention songs with under twenty performances (once again, according to setlist.fm and excluding many other covers) like: The Heartless, The Beginning Of The End, The Path, One Last Time, Beautiful, You Are The One, Endless Dark, Again, Circle Of Fear, and In Love And Lonely.

The point is...well, you know what the point is. All of Buried Alive By Love, Wicked Game, Join Me In Death, Right Here In My Arms, Your Sweet 666, Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly, and The Kiss Of Dawn leaves room for many of those songs listed above on any given night, as well as many others that they haven't played in a while and songs to be played for the very first time. Strike the balance between what your newer fans want to hear (and certainly deserve to) and what your veterans would enjoy (because we can't forget about them, or can we? ;)), as well as just breaking up the monotony of essentially the same exact songs show after show, tour after tour, year after year, and everyone should go home happy, or at least not feeling like they just wasted their time and their money on seeing the same performance yet again. When most bands change up their setlist on a nightly basis, both in terms of the songs they play and the order they play them in for the reasons I just stated (or at least drastically change up the setlist from tour to tour so you get a brand new experience each time) and with plenty of songs to choose from, there's just no excuse why this particular band, the one we all love, doesn't do it. Change is good. It keeps things exciting.

It all boils down to feeling like the band is on autopilot. All of the months of downtime over the past several years, leaving fans just waiting around for some sort of news to pop up or for the band to suddenly be active again certainly takes its toll. Then when something finally does happen it all just seems so stagnant still. It shouldn't be that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:29:35 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »
Same setlist as yesterday again, would I like different songs on the setlist, yes definitely. Is there anywhere else I'd rather be on NYE, no absolutey not. Onnellista uutta vuotta to all of you from Helsinki.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:13:33 PM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Hex

« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2016, 02:58:07 AM »
The point is...well, you know what the point is. All of Buried Alive By Love, Wicked Game, Join Me In Death, Right Here In My Arms, Your Sweet 666, Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly, and The Kiss Of Dawn leaves room for many of those songs listed above on any given night, as well as many others that they haven't played in a while and songs to be played for the very first time.
I totally agree with this. I have seen band something like 30 times since 1998 and I have to tell that I am getting totally bored with all the same songs played on every gig. For example those "permanent" cover songs Wicked Game and Rebel Yell should already be replaced with some other choices. If they think they need to play covers I would love to hear Solitary Man for example.

My favourite HIM bootleg is the one they play Love Metal entrely and it would be great if band will again start to get few rarely played songs and add some surprises in the set list.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2016, 04:50:05 AM »
for example i loved what blink 182 did few years back when there was a 10th anniversary of self titled album and they had a few gigs and they played the entire album after 10 years - it was a nice effort , of course Tom DeLonge sounded like shit :D but you know what i wanted to say? It would be nice to hear in 2017 the Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666 20th anniversary special when they will play all the songs (altough i cant imagine Dont Fear The Reaper) but the rest would be imaginable - i would love to hear The Beginning of The End live .....

Yeah Hamburg 2003 with the entire Love Metal album was totally awesome

Offline regularwill

« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2016, 05:35:56 AM »
for example i loved what blink 182 did few years back when there was a 10th anniversary of self titled album and they had a few gigs and they played the entire album after 10 years - it was a nice effort , of course Tom DeLonge sounded like shit :D but you know what i wanted to say? It would be nice to hear in 2017 the Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666 20th anniversary special when they will play all the songs (altough i cant imagine Dont Fear The Reaper) but the rest would be imaginable - i would love to hear The Beginning of The End live .....

Yeah Hamburg 2003 with the entire Love Metal album was totally awesome
I would kill to hear a live version of Don't Fear The Reaper!

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »
BRING ON THE RECORDINGS NOW! :D
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Danny

« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
The last good Helldone that was worth it - both setlist and performance was 2009.
I disagree. 2009 was just meh. Nothing special. The setlist was basically the same as always. But it was cool that we got to hear "Love The Hardest Way and Scared To Death for the first time. And that they brought back Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart.

For me the best Helldone has will almost forever be 2014. Ville Valo acoustic, Daniel Lioneye live with original line-up and HIM with the Love Metal Archives set-list. Three perfect days for die hard HIM fans. Agree, sucks they didnt change more this year. But keep in mind they have a new drummer. Hopefully next helldone they'll ad some more surprises. We are all fucking tired of the same old song. Thank god for Jukka for making them fresh and interesting. I'm still bummed that Stigmata Diaboli was on the set list for last years helldone and then it was not played :(

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2016, 02:12:59 AM »
I meant only HIM performance, not the entire Helldone, but yeah the last Helldone with Daniel Lioneye was greatest , with the 69 Eyes too, really
but when it comes to the setlist i think 2009 Helldone setlist was better than the last year´s