Author Topic: Right off the top of your head, without giving it any thought, what's your LEAST  (Read 4285 times)

SwagSaget

favorite HIM song? Studio album songs, of course. You can't go the easy route and pick any of the songs on that horrible remix album that I've personally done a very good job with almost completely forgetting exists. Not that anyone would remember the exact title of any of those songs, and certainly not off the top of their head, but I digress.

Mine would have to be Ode To Solitude. Such cheesy lyrics throughout the entire song, and that's saying something for this band, although I would call them beautifully cheesy for the most part with other songs. Ode To Solitude has always bugged me, though. I always skip it whenever I listen to Screamworks, although that isn't very often, honestly. The song certainly doesn't feature your typical Ville poetic-ness, that's for sure.

What about you guys? I'd like to put together a playlist of what people consider to be the worst HIM songs, but remember not to sit there and think about it and agonize about it. I think most of us are under the impression that there isn't such a thing as a bad HIM song really, I know that I am, but there's certainly songs I like a lot more than others, which means there are songs I like a lot less as well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:39:56 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
My least favourite is Beautiful, i think it's the repetitiveness of "cos you're so beautiful" its annoys the hell out of me. I think this will be interesting to see what everyone likes the least.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
just one? its a pitty, at least three of them came across my mind

The Kiss Of Dawn - bad in every aspect :-D

Offline marta30

Well, since I can't list every song on Screamworks.....Heartkiller.

SwagSaget

just one? its a pitty, at least three of them came across my mind

The Kiss Of Dawn - bad in every aspect :-D

You wouldn't believe how many times I sat there and listened to a burned CD of that song and annoyed the hell out of my friend when it first came out, haha. It's a rather dull song now, but I loved it back then because it was brand new. I just sat outside on my deck and listened to it over and over again.

Also, this topic already has 57 views. Why the hell don't the lurkers sign up and talk with us?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:25:49 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline laura88

WLADE. It's boring and repetitive.

SwagSaget

Pretty good choices so far. Can't say I disagree with any of them. Lurkers, I know you're reading this. I know damn well there isn't almost 80 registered users checking this out. Sign up and voice your opinion. Don't be scared of us. It's just like talking on Facebook, except you don't have to use your real name. We need more people to talk to here. This is the only HIM forum left, at least the only significant one. Take advantage of it while you still can. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:37:59 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Heaven Tonight. Hands down. Bores the shit out of me.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Inferno

I had one in mind and then I read everyone else's choices and my choice changed about 3 times lol. I don't like Heartkiller... at all... and I never did. Kiss of Dawn has always been up there too, even right when I first heard it. My choice before this was WOAB, but now you guys have me thinking that there's one I dislike even more. I'd have to disagree with AcousticFuneral when it comes to Beautiful cause I do like that one, but not the rock version. Sure, it may be extremely repetitive, but at least the emotion isn't monotone... It changes throughout the song. It would be completely different if each repetition of those words were sung in the same way.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
I can't stand their version of Don't Fear the Reaper.....the chick's voice just kills me.  It's long and drawn out musically and her voice doesn't match up to Ville's sound at all.  Normally skip right on over that one when the cd is playing.

Offline regularwill

Without a doubt, Don't Fear The Reaper. I actually like the woman's voice in the song, it's that damn note on the keyboard that drags it for the last two minutes of the song kills it. Once you notice it, the song well never be the same.

Offline Len777

Definitely Heart Killer, besides those the damn instrumentals on Tears on Tape except Unleash the red I like that one. Heart Killer's bridge just pisses me off, I miss when the songs had more musical changes to them in the bridge and other certain sections of the songs. The good ole' Love Metal days were their best, I loved all the little nuances pre chorus sections, the songs had such power and could be ground down to a halt yet brood back up again, just very dynamic and musically versatile.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:55:22 AM by Len666 »

Offline six6sixways2love

Scared To Death pretty much gets the skip every time no matter what mood I'm in. WLADE is probably a close second. Too long with not enough payout

It's interesting to see everyone else's answers
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Ziggy18

The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness

The only song I really don't like actually... even dark light the song and the rest of screamworks grew on me for the most part.  It's a weird song and just repeats "Look at the scars Smother a heart, opening up" like 30 times.   Should have just been on SWRMXS.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Jay

Heaven Tonight. Hands down. Bores the shit out of me.

I'd agree with Heaven Tonight. Beautiful is very close...

Offline KissTheVoid

There isn't a HIM song, cover or otherwise, that I don't like. But if I must pick a least favorite it is Buried Alive By Love from Love Metal. I like the 616 and Deliverance versions far more than the original for some reason.

Offline HeartagramRook

• Professional Nerd and HIMster
  • Cafone
Beautiful.. brings nothing new and just repeats, just can't get behind it.
In a World Giving Head To A Gun, Love in Theory and Practice, Chapter One.

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Mine would be Don't Close Your Heart. The keyboard piece in the chorus is so super-cheesy it causes me toothache everytime I hear it. ;D

And just by the way: I'm surprised at how many people hate Screamworks. To me it was a great refresher, a new direction in HIM's style, much bolder than anything they had done in years. Has this vibe that reminds me of Razorblade Romance. Sure, it has its ups and downs, but Love, the Hardest Way and Katherine Wheel are among my very favourite HIM songs ever.

Offline playdead616

My least favourtie is Dont Close Your Heart. Where is the guitars? Aside from the acoustics mixed in and the vocal melody played as a solo.. its a filler song. No lyrics. Bland. The intro annoys me "i know high-i know high-i know high- i know how it feels..." . IMO, Again shold have been in its place.

Heaven Tonight is one of my HIM favourites. So mellow and light. I wish they would have made it a live song.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline muschy

Love You Like I Do

I've always loathed this song.  Probably have listened to the full thing less than 20 times over the past 12 years

I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

DSC5LU

Don't Fear the Reaper

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

Wings of a butterfly and most of the songs from Sreamworks (Excl. Disarm me), I simply donĀ“t identify myself and the band with them...
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

Offline Jay

I'd say Dark Light.

Offline Until_Love_Do_Us_Part

Someone's going to kill me.... But I have to say Wicked Game.

Never really struck me well.

A close second would be RHIMA.
"See the forest for the trees"

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
i am not counting covers as HIM songs so i am not listing them in the worst or least favorites lists, but if i did - the wicked game would be far beyond all the borders as i HATE THAT SONG SO FUCKING BAD, ew

i listened to the entire HIM discography recently (used the remastered reissues + regular versions of  the albums that followed Love Metal, including And Love said no, skipped SWRMXS) , my least favorite and in my opinion the worst HIM song still remains The Kiss Of Dawn , closely followed by Heartkiller and Buried Alive By Love

i agree that the "Beautiful" is very much repetitive and boring, but still not as bad as the kiss of dawn or buried alive by love  ;D