Author Topic: Does anyone have the Japanese versions of the albums? (Not looking to buy)  (Read 930 times)

SwagSaget

Besides Tears On Tape, that is.

I'm doing some Dynamic Range comparisons between the different versions of all of the albums, and I'd like to have the Japanese versions to test as well. I doubt they will be any different, but I'd just like to see. Razorblade Romance is the one I'm most interested in. If anyone has that one, or any of the other ones, and wouldn't mind sending them to me, that would be cool. Or, if you want, just test them yourself and post the results here so I can see. The Tears On Tape Japanese SHM is identical to the Metal Hammer Fanpack version that I tested, and the Mastered For iTunes version turned out to be the best of the three by just a tad bit, but still better. Razorblade Romance was recorded on analogue tape, though, and even though the digipak version and the HER version both tested almost identical, with the 2008 Double LP topping both of them with a DR value of 10, I'm just curious to see if the Japanese version of it had anything different done to it at all. You won't likely be able to hear it, but the test will show whether or not it's the same as the others.

Thank yaw.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
I have Venus Doom Japanese(Warner Records), but i haven't opened it.