Author Topic: Digipack of Greatest Lovesongs.....  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
Digipack of Greatest Lovesongs.....
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
OKay all you HIM buffs and collectors- have a question about Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666  - the digipack version.  There is someone selling a copy with an alternate track listing from 1997. I can't read the barcode in the photo, but I can read the track listing.

The  picture shows the tracks in this order:
For You
Sweet 666
Wicked Game
Heartless
Diabolikal Rapture
It's All Tears
WLADE
Beginning of the End
Don't Fear the Reaper

Is this legit?  Anyone know? I always check your kick ass HIM Database whenever I'm in doubt and did not see this on there- or at least not under GLSV666tab.

I have not asked what the selling price is - it's someone on Facebook selling- but was just curious on everyone's thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

I found one on Ebay for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIM-Greatest-Lovesongs-vol-666-digipack-case-1997-/291113423513?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item43c7b65299

So maybe it's not that rare??
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:08:34 PM by Jaded_Heart »

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
Re: Digipack of Greatest Lovesongs.....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:02:37 AM »
Check the one on ebay for comparison.
The tracklist for the digipack versions is slightly different compared to the jewelcases:

Digipacks:

1. For You (Intro)
2. Your Sweet Six Six Six
3. Wicked Game
4. The Heartless
5. Our Diabolikal Rapture
6. It's All Tears (Drown In This Love)
7. When Love And Death Embrace
8. The Beginning Of The End
9. (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Jewelcases:

1. Your Sweet Six Six Six
2. Wicked Game
3. The Heartless
4. Our Diabolikal Rapture
5. It's All Tears (Drown In This Love)
6. When Love And Death Embrace
7. The Beginning Of The End
8. Don't Fear The Reaper
9. For You

Both versions include the empty tracks and the hidden one too and are 66min 6sec. long.

I forgot to mention that there are two Digipack versions, look exactly the same but were pressed in different factories.
The first version of those is the most expensive of all but not extremely rare to find.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:04:22 AM by MiLToS_666 »
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:13 PM »
Good to know!! Thank you so much for the info and clarification. The person on Facebook wants 100 euros...not sure I'm willing to pony up that much cash right now.  Thanks for your help!

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:27 AM »
i just purchased digipack of Screamworks (with Acoustic CD) for funny 8 € from Slovakian shop :-D i mean i already have two Screamworks CDs, but when its for this price - i just could not help it and i purchased it, i spend more money for betting and beer in two days so thats like for free....... it was for 20 € few weeks ago, thats amazing how they drop the price sometimes on such a great items, but still nothing can beat Love Metal digipack (with Loves requiem) for 6 € :-D
and its brand new, not used :-D
i mean when i was a kid i remember the regular CD was around 700 SK which is like 23 € now , it was hard to buy some original CD for a kid, i remember when i bought Box Car Racer for 800 it was a lot of bitching from parents , and now the CDs are around 10€ ,its like for free, i dont know why there is still piracy on it, its just available for download somewhere so people are downloading instead of buying it
nothing can beat the CD in the hands, with a nice booklet

100 € for this Digipack is too much its not rare

Offline Kattatonia

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:30:22 AM »
OKay all you HIM buffs and collectors- have a question about Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666  - the digipack version.  There is someone selling a copy with an alternate track listing from 1997. I can't read the barcode in the photo, but I can read the track listing.

The  picture shows the tracks in this order:
For You
Sweet 666
Wicked Game
Heartless
Diabolikal Rapture
It's All Tears
WLADE
Beginning of the End
Don't Fear the Reaper

Is this legit?  Anyone know? I always check your kick ass HIM Database whenever I'm in doubt and did not see this on there- or at least not under GLSV666tab.

I have not asked what the selling price is - it's someone on Facebook selling- but was just curious on everyone's thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

I found one on Ebay for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIM-Greatest-Lovesongs-vol-666-digipack-case-1997-/291113423513?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item43c7b65299

So maybe it's not that rare??

I could be wrong but I was looking at discogs.com and I found this: http://www.discogs.com/HIM-Greatest-Lovesongs-Vol-666/release/535166 I "THINK" that this is the same release as the one listed on eBay. Does anyone know if it is? has anyone ever purchased from this site? I noticed a few things that I would love to have ( :

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 04:15:42 AM »
i purchased one rare item from discogs and it was fine, actually the seller sold it under the price, he probably didnt know how rare and expensive it was, so good for me
its a great site, i love discogs, there are amazing items, if i had thousands for spending on shits i would go to discogs :-D

SwagSaget

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »
100 Euros for a freaking GLS digi?! WTF? You've gotta be kidding me. If that's what people are asking and paying these days, I wonder what I can get out of my CD Plant AB pressing of it lol. Glad you opted not to buy it. That sounds ridiculous.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »
I am going to start looking on Discogs I think for some of the CD's that I need for my collection instead of EBay.  I don't know if the person ended up selling it or not for the 100 euros.... almost afraid to find out, haha. 

The one thing that I would spend a lot on though is the In Joy and Sorrow 7" record. I've only seen it on EBay like twice in the past year. First time it was gone before I could bid, the next time I didn't have the money to bid.....they say 3rd time is a charm, right?

Did all the albums have a digipack version though?  My Screamworks came that way- I think I ordered it with the bundle stuff from Heartagram.com when they were still up and running. Or maybe it was Warner Brothers? Not sure, it came with the lithograph poster of the album cover and then I think I got an autographed copy when I ordered the white vinyl.  I know many don't like the album, but it's one of my favorites.   

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »
Technically, Dark Light and Venus Doom had hardback books...which are sort of like digipaks....but they did not have true digipaks.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

SwagSaget

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 02:59:39 AM »
Just be careful and don't let yourself get ripped off. I know it's hard sometimes not to get caught up in the excitement of potentially getting something new or something you've been wanting for a long time, but it's always best to wait it out when it comes to HIM stuff. The prices seem to just keep going up and up, but you can eventually find yourself a good deal if you're patient. You did good by passing up on that GLS digi. Definitely never pay that much for one, even the first pressing of it. It's like the red-headed stepchild of HIM albums, no one really cares that much about it. To be honest, now is the time to sell more than buy, at least with most items. Looking back on it, I wish I would've bought the stuff I thought was too expensive back in the day, because it's all at least double or triple the price now. Don't ever let anyone fool you into buying something for a ridiculous amount because of how rare they say it is. Some things are definitely rare, there's no doubt in that, but they're very rarely ever worth what someone is asking for it. That person more than likely overpaid for whatever it may be, and now they're trying to get their money back plus a profit on it. I see it all the time. So and so got too excited and paid $250 for a Strange World promo or something, and now they want to sell it, but they won't take anything less than at least what they paid because they know they done goofed up. Tell them you'll give them $30 for it and they'll like it, haha. Just some friendly advice. Happy collecting!

Offline Inferno

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
I have a small collection, nothing extraordinary by any means, but just enough to say "yeah, I have that album" lol. I leave most of collectable stuff to the collectors... They're much better at it lol. Probably the rarest thing I have is the Jager Metal bottle and the Coke can with a heartagram/signature on it.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
I'm with you on that Inferno- I have the albums but really not a lot as far as a collection other than magazines and I do like the jewelry so I will buy earrings and necklaces. Well actually, now that I think of it I do have some goofy stuff- remember the HIM flip-flops? Yup, I have a pair.  :P

Daedalus - thanks for the clarification on the digi's! 

And I agree SwagSaget - waiting patiently is best!  I think it's really just being in the right place at the right time with some of it.  Don't think I could ever throw around mad cash of $100 or more on a cd though.