Author Topic: Ville on Join Me In Death  (Read 946 times)

SwagSaget

Ville on Join Me In Death
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:20:45 AM »
Nothing better to do tonight than to browse through heartagram.com on the Wayback Machine. Always fun. I came across a section where Ville was explaining the songs on Razorblade Romance. Looks like it's from an old Soundi article, but I don't remember ever reading it. What he said about Join Me stuck out the most:

"I think this is one of the weaker tracks on the album. The piano is nice, but maybe the song doesn't mean anything to me because it's not about real life. This is an old song-the first demo was done in January '98-and I've already gotten sick of it, because it's just the same simple thing over and over."

And then Join Me went on to be the biggest song HIM has ever recorded. The end.

Offline Jay

Re: Ville on Join Me In Death
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
Haha...and he still plays it night after night.

Offline Inferno

Re: Ville on Join Me In Death
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »
I think that he may have been joking. I remember reading a different article where he said that he liked the song, but he felt that it was too simple of a song to include it in an album cause he thought it wouldn't be popular ... It's obvious that he tried to use it more way than one because Poison Girl used to have some of the same lyrics. If I remember right, he liked the song because it was simple.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:04:30 PM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/