Author Topic: 666 Ways To Love EP  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Jay

666 Ways To Love EP
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181356719310?fe_1_1

It can be yours for the low, low price of....WTF?

Offline Len777

Re: 666 Ways To Love EP
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:03:46 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181356719310?fe_1_1

It can be yours for the low, low price of....WTF?

Fuck that they'll probably re-release it in a few years anyway lol.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:29 AM »
Holy crap! It says the listing ended....I seriously hope someone didn't pay that. That's more than my rent! Hahahaha.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
No one bought it. It had 0 bids.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

SwagSaget

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
I'll probably never own one of these. Should've bought one back when the prices were tolerable. $350 is the absolute highest I'd go for one in good condition. Maybe I would drop $500 for a copy with absolutely no flaws that still looks new, but I'd probably still have a hard time doing that. People simply want too much nowadays. I've said it before, but I don't even consider them rare anymore. All kinds of people trying to cash in now. Not like rare equals value, but people always point to the rarity of an item when it comes to HIM stuff to justify the high price. The good thing is, the really rare stuff that pops up on eBay every now and then you can get a good deal on because not a lot of people really know what the more obscure stuff even is or what it should go for. Only the more mainstream rare items command high dollars, which I always thought was kinda weird, but also makes total sense.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:31:25 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline HelldoneFestival13

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
People forget only 1000 copies were produced. But how many copies do still exist these days?  ;)

SwagSaget

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
It's a two way street. It is rare in that regard, but finding someone selling one is still pretty easy compared to other items that rarely ever pop up. Just for example, I bought a Kiss Of Dawn Walter Payton promo on eBay like a year and a half ago for like 60 bucks. Way less of those going around, obviously, but not very expensive. It's more about what the item is and how many people know about it and want it more than anything else. People want the EP because it was the first HIM release. It just so happens only 1000 were made, so people freak out and get into gotta have it mode and pay ridiculous amounts. It's just like with the new stuff. The first time a new promo shows up on eBay, people go crazy. If you wait a little bit, you can get whatever it is a lot cheaper after the craze has died down. Still, though, people are wanting unrealistic amounts for their “rare” (everything is always rare) HIM stuff, and it's sucked the fun right out of collecting for me because I will not overpay for something that won't retain its value. I don't collect for value, I collect for fun, but it definitely isn't fun dropping a few hundred dollars on every CD. There needs to be a better balance between things. Not everything that says HIM on it is worth something, but there are things I think should go for higher amounts, while the mainstream items that are already going for high amounts regularly should come down some. It's gotten to be a competition now between people as to who has the most of HIM stuff, and prices have gone up accordingly because of certain people's necessity to own everything.

el_coyote

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 08:17:48 AM »
I've got one that's in a good condition. I might be willing to sell it for a reasonable price also. Anyone?

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
75?
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Until_Love_Do_Us_Part

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
What is the Kiss of Dawn walter Peyton promo?
"See the forest for the trees"

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »
Initially when the early kiss of dawn and Venus doom Sire watermarked promos were released they were under the pseudonym Walter Payton.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
Two on eBay right now each for over 600 dollars. I hate everyone. One is drastically more blue than the other. Lighting issue or is this getting bootlegged now? I'm never gonna get one. :(

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
Two on eBay right now each for over 600 dollars. I hate everyone. One is drastically more blue than the other. Lighting issue or is this getting bootlegged now? I'm never gonna get one. :(

Patience. A lot of people can't even give away their rare HIM CDs nowadays. They're asking people for more than what they paid for them during a boom period or when prices were at basically at an all-time high around the time of Tears On Tape, and people are actually starting to balk at them - which is great! They're finally learning! 666 Ways To Love is always going to be something that's worth some money, obviously, but it's going to come down in price like almost everything else that's worthwhile to own has except for just a few things, and those will too eventually. The key will just be finding a copy that's still in good condition. Even for an absolute mint copy, $600 would really pushing it. People can ask for whatever they want for their stuff, but if no one is willing to pay that price, they're either going to have to lower their price to something reasonable or just keep holding onto their item. I'm glad that people are finally starting to say, "No, that's way too much!" instead of being trigger-happy and paying out the ass for the first copy of something that comes their way. I don't own a copy of the EP either, but it's still something I would love to have. Had several chances over the years to get one at very reasonable prices considering what people try to pinch out of others these days for one, but even back then I just couldn't justify it. We'll both own one eventually, I think, but until I can find a really good condition copy for a price that actually reflects what the CD should be worth, I'm gonna have to just live without it. I'm not gonna let someone pick me up and shake me out for every last dime in my pocket, and I hope other people aren't willing to let anyone do that to them anymore either. Way too many people have made way too much money off of the trigger-happy HIM collectors that I talked about earlier, and it's not the way that people within the community should treat each other, but no one put a gun up to their head either and told them that they had to buy it or else. There's still plenty of people out there within the collector's scene that try to take advantage of people by charging them astronomical prices and trying to justify it, though. There is no justification. You paid too much. You want too much. It's not worth that amount, either when you bought it to begin with or now as you try to sell it. That CD has a cool looking cover so you want $300 for it? It doesn't work that way. Go pound sand. ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:57:23 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:22 AM »
Typical. I wrote the seller who has his marked for 700 telling him he'll never get that amount and if he wants to make a deal to let me know. Then someone bought the other one for $666.66! Complete buttholes I tell you.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 10:59:06 AM »
Typical. I wrote the seller who has his marked for 700 telling him he'll never get that amount and if he wants to make a deal to let me know. Then someone bought the other one for $666.66! Complete buttholes I tell you.

Yeah I made an offer which of course was turned down then I see it got away for that ridiculous price
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain