Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85441 times)

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #375 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »
Nice values! LOL
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #376 on: December 28, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »
This whole thing was a cluster fuck in every way. At least we got more Dsbh and Love Metal demos out of it...
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
there could be more demos anyway, i dont see any reason of putting 2013 and 2014 live versions on the reissues of the old albums from 1996-2003). If they wanted to put some live versions they should have used the versions from old tours like The Funeral OF hearts from 2003 or 2004, When Love And Death embrace from 1997 .... etc
but the coolest thing is that they put that much bonuses on each remastered album, thats nice
and another huge + is the EP on Vinyl :)

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2014, 12:29:06 AM »
New DR values:

Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666 - 5 (Original was 6)
Razorblade Romance - 5 (Original was 6)
Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights - 5 (Original was 6)
Love Metal - 6 (Original was 7)

Quite the pattern there. Going from already bad to even worse on every album.

Lowest value of any song was You Are The One with a 4.

You're shitting us? I was planning on buying this with some extra xmas money 75% for the remasters, and 25% for the bsides after hearing them all. Now to find out the remasters are worse than the OGs, looks like I'll be skipping this all together. Clusterfuckmoneygrab20142015
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Inferno

« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2014, 03:18:08 AM »
I wouldn't judge the reissues based on some theoretical number... Especially since we haven't even heard the vinyls yet. The quality of an album’s mix is largely separate from the amount of dynamic compression used. It’s possible to have a terrible sounding album with no compression at all (EXAMPLE) and its also possible to produce a good sounding but heavily compressed album. Heavy compression limits audio fidelity in an absolute sense, but it does not ruin it. What truly destroys any chance of good sound is clipping. Clipping is what happens when the recording is pushed louder than the CD can support. There is absolutely no reason to have clipping in a recording... It audibly damages the tonality of instruments.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:55:44 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »
i dunno, but please check the flac of Circle of fear Finnvox relics and check the chorus, isnt the guitar a little clipped?

Offline Inferno

« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
It may be clipped on the CDs a little bit, but it won't be on the vinyls... I don't think it's even possible on the vinyls unless they press the vinyl with what they put on the CD.

MC Tape:

Original Flac:

Reissue Flac:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:36:51 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
Vinyl tracks must be mastered for the Vinyl so i dont think its even possible that they would press the same stuff on vinyl :-D
but we never know  ;D

Offline regularwill

« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
Just spoke with one of the dudes @the end records on the phone, they're are fulfilling the die hard bundles first and he said there are about 2,000 of them and there are only two guys working on them through the weekend. He said he did 400 alone himself already. They are working on it. Must be a nightmare trying to do that with only two guys.

Shame on them for not being prepared. Also, if you're one of the people that decided to go with media mail, those are being shipped last.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
Just tracked my package...even though I got a notification on 12/26 it didn't actually go out til last night...arrival date: 1/05. Fuuuuuuck youuuuuuu.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
it will be in Slovakia on 1/06 which is actually some Christian day off so nothing and no one is working, that means that the shop will have it like on 1/09 (friday) or 1/12 (monday) thats what it says, but i doubt that because from where i purchased it (slovak shop, its import from USA, one CD costs me 23 euros so it will be quite expensive than 44 dolars LOL , but shipping was huge, so i think its the same, or i will overpay it? nevermind its HIM i wasted more ridiculous money on HIM shits in the past LOL) it will take more probably, so i dont know if it will be in my hands until 01/23 (my name day in Slovakia)
everything is so fucking complicated

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2014, 05:02:08 PM »
Finally got my confirmation it was supposedly shipped at 10 am today so it better be here to tomorrow ny to nj shouldn't take that long hhopefully
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2014, 05:15:32 PM »
Just tracked my package...even though I got a notification on 12/26 it didn't actually go out til last night...arrival date: 1/05. Fuuuuuuck youuuuuuu.

What numberdid you use? Did  you get a tracking number idont have one it just says shipped on the site account

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
I got my cd bundle yesterday.   The velvet is sick and i like all of the designs for the CDs.  Its cool with the roman numerals I and II. 

I am happy to get the LM demos and Hollola Tapes.   The remixes and new lives are good too.   I think it's a nice mix bit i was hoping for some unrleased bonus tracks.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:42:37 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2014, 11:56:34 PM »

What numberdid you use? Did  you get a tracking number idont have one it just says shipped on the site account
There was a ups tracking number in my email.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2015, 01:56:19 AM »

There was a ups tracking number in my email.

Mine still hasn't shipped  >:( i emailed them and said ill get a tracking number when shipped which according to thier site said it did, i ordered mine a couple days after it first went on sale they said orders are being sent by who ordered first and my patience would be greatly appreciated  >:( i might actually of still had patience if they sent it on the actual release date and thought about hes they were doing everything with this mess of only two people working on it, you'd think they'd be more prepared ir have more people working on sending it out

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:19 PM »
Got my order today. Pleasantly surprised to find an autographed copy of the box set art packed in with my order!

Offline Kattatonia

« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
Got my order today. Pleasantly surprised to find an autographed copy of the box set art packed in with my order!

Awesome!
When did you place the order for yours?
I'm still waiting for mine

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2015, 08:49:06 PM »
So...I thought the 2LPs were supposed to be heavyweight...they seem to be thinner than the single LPs. And the colors? GLS is black with a small bit of red splash....and Love Metal is like a clearish amber color with green mixed in. Oh, the silver DSBH is a dull gray with black splashes. RR is at least pink. So damn disappointed with these releases.

DSC5LU

« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:25 PM »
So...I thought the 2LPs were supposed to be heavyweight...they seem to be thinner than the single LPs. And the colors? GLS is black with a small bit of red splash....and Love Metal is like a clearish amber color with green mixed in. Oh, the silver DSBH is a dull gray with black splashes. RR is at least pink. So damn disappointed with these releases.

Are you fucking kidding me? These were supposed to be straight up RED, PINK, SILVER, and GOLD on 180 gram. I'm gonna be so goddamn pissed when I receive this...and yet, the completist pansy that I am, I will not return it or ask for a refund. lol

This whole release has been such a cluster fuck.

DSC5LU

« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »
Just looked on Instagram and saw some of the records. One guy had a Love Metal where the center label was offset, sitting ON TOP of the actual vinyl! And those colours....

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »

And check out the crap job on the Love Metal label...it wasn't even properly glued down.

Offline TheNickSweat

• Cafone
  • Just another musician in a vast, vast sea.
    • Nick Sweat Music
« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been a fan for so many years it baffles me. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys. Stumbled on this page, found out about the reissues and got them ordered last month. It's also reignited my love for the first 4 albums, Venus Doom and all the b-sides etc. Being an audiophile, I was very excited to see that they were going to be issued on 180g wax and be remastered. Reading some of these recent reviews has me a bit worried though. I guess I'll just wait and judge myself, you know, whenever the damn thing gets here. I even paid for quicker (and much pricier) shipping. Having only two dudes in your warehouse to ship out a release of this magnitude is just dumb.

Damn.

Offline Jay

« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been a fan for so many years it baffles me. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys. Stumbled on this page, found out about the reissues and got them ordered last month. It's also reignited my love for the first 4 albums, Venus Doom and all the b-sides etc. Being an audiophile, I was very excited to see that they were going to be issued on 180g wax and be remastered. Reading some of these recent reviews has me a bit worried though. I guess I'll just wait and judge myself, you know, whenever the damn thing gets here. I even paid for quicker (and much pricier) shipping. Having only two dudes in your warehouse to ship out a release of this magnitude is just dumb.

Damn.

Welcome sir.  We have some audiophiles running around here as well.  I think they're insane, but you can't tell them that.  Plus, we love them just the same. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:41:31 PM by Jay »

Offline Wolfkiller

« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2015, 12:12:44 AM »

Awesome!
When did you place the order for yours?
I'm still waiting for mine

September 15th if I've got the right email. Haven't had a chance to open anything up yet, been a shitty day.