Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85373 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:50 AM »
While this is clearly The End Records' fuckup, people will get angry with the band, not the label. I'm afraid the remasters won't win HIM many new fans, but instead they may alienate some of the old ones because of the constant delays, high shipping prices and lack of proper promotion.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
this release is limited to 2000 copies. cost 200$... its all about the money, not new fans.it is for collectors. the band used to selling 50,000 - 500, 000 cds in USA. Now they cant sell 2000...  well and I dont think Sire can fix that... i dont think the low sells are because bad promotion.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2014, 05:46:34 AM »
2000 is for that diehard bundle only or?
its OK because the shipping is terribly high to the the rest of the World, so most of the fans from EU and rest of the world just dropped the idea of purchasing this because of the shipping
i doubt its still not sold out, i think that was just a hoax by the label so they could get more fans to buy it, then the fans got hooked up and purchased more than 2000 so they delayed it because they need to print more copies

they used to be a huge band, but with this label they wont be any bigger than they are at this point.
the low amount of sold items is caused because of very LOUSY and bad promotion, or none promotion at all.... its labels fault
they obviously think that Facebook is ENOUGH...... very amateur (but its free), they could spam that all over the place since the spring and it would be better, but we talked about that earlier and i think the promo was bad since the announce of the reissues

another fault is the band itself, they are trying to get new fans with the SAME songs , they play still the same songs, so when there are newbies or non-fans attenders on concerts they will hear just live version of "XX Two decades songs (without DSBH and SWORKS)" , so they wont buy much albums but they will download just these from the youtube and thats all (RHIMA,JOIN ME, ROTWOAB,FUNERAL and POISON GIRL)

but in the other hand, the band members they are all already pretty rich, they are making money on concerts mostly and they dont need to worry about their career or income ...

if they want to sell more records, they should be played in the radio more often or at least.... - thats another labels fault ...... i remember when i was young there was Pretending all the time in Slovakia or Join Me ...... or ROTWOAB was ALL THE TIME everywhere when it was about to be released - well Warner/Sire made a huge promo and it worked because they were gold in the US with DL ..... ! ! !

maybe they are comfortable with this situation and they dont need to sell 500 000 copies anymore , who knows
maybe they are doing it for fun and because they love music and they dont care that much about money anymore, maybe thats why they are signed under this label , but i doubt it was a good step for the band
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:38:12 AM by 616 »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »
Maybe The End needs to do a better job of scheduling manufacturers. A major label would have enough foresight to schedule properly, and if not, enough pull to get their shit produced on time. This is what happens when you go to a shit indie label.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »
^Amen.

Also, for those that want the vinyl boxset with 666 Ways To Love (they all come with it) but live overseas, check out Amazon. It's $119 instead of $109 on there, but I'd imagine the shipping would be a hell of a lot cheaper than what The End is offering. Maybe not, though. It's at least worth checking out. It comes with the USB as well. It's the same exact thing as what's on The End's store. The way The End lists both the boxset and the Diehard Bundle isn't all that clear, though. They both say limited to 2000 copies, but since the boxset comes in the Diehard Bundle, it leads me to believe there's only 2000 total between the two. Once the boxset is sold out, the Diehard Bundle will be too. So they could sell 1000 boxsets and 1000 Diehard Bundles, and that would be it for both. That just makes it even more appalling to me that it's still not sold out yet, plus the fact you can purchase the boxset elsewhere besides directly from the label. The reason the Diehard Bundle is so expensive to ship overseas, though, is because besides the ridiculous shipping prices over there in general, you're getting 13 vinyls and 8 CDs. That's a lot of shit. Not exactly worth it after the shipping, though, but not necessary to get 666 Ways To Love. The vinyls are just the regular black vinyls without the bonus tracks in the boxset, though.

The new shitty label is a big part of the band's declining popularity, but there's also several other factors like Bam Margera/Jackass/Viva La Bam no longer being on TV all the time and being popular anymore, the whole emo scene that the band was lumped into has pretty much died in favor of the hardcore scene, as well as people just simply growing up and growing out of the music. There's a whole new generation of HIM fans that aren't being reached, though. Things could be a hell of a lot better than they currently are with a better label that knows how to market and promote the band to reach potential fans, instead of just relying on a Facebook page that is only liked and paid attention to by current fans. At the end of the day, though, a lot of HIM fans were only fans because of people like Bam Margera or because they were a cool band to like because of the whole scene, both the emo and the skateboarding scenes. Some of those people grew into becoming true fans that are still fans today, but a lot of others moved on once it was no longer popular or cool. I still can't believe there aren't more fans today, though. What happened to the fans that just genuinely enjoyed the music? Are they too old now and have too many other priorities to take care of the follow the band like they used to and spend their money on them? It just boggles my mind to try and figure out where everyone went despite all of what I just listed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:45:40 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
Their lack of not doing any actual promoting doesn't help either. They expect people on the internet to do it for them. (Ville said it himself.) Other bands communicate with their fans through social networks, but they want to be all mysterious. Times have changed. That doesn't work anymore. They are partially to blame for their declining popularity.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
Agreed on the DR values, I really hope the remastering does justice to the original recordings. Though it's highly unlikely that the mastering on the CDs will be respectable, given current trends. Hopefully the records will sound good though.

Oh, and, the plural of vinyl is vinyl, guys ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:44:19 AM by robertzombie »

Offline Kattatonia

« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2014, 03:12:14 AM »
So excited to get this! My hubby with some coaxing got this for me for christmas  :)

I wonder if there is any autographed ones left at this point.

Offline Len777

« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
iTunes put up preorders today for gls666-Lm if anyone is interested. I preordered them there now I'll just order the vinyl basic set with 666wtl and the usb.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
They have an ad in the new revolver magazine for the reissues not sure if anyone looks at thag magazine
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
Do you happen to be able to take a picture of it?

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2014, 09:10:50 PM »
Do you happen to be able to take a picture of it?

ill put it up when I get a chance

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »
Nice for you uys who have the chance to pre-order this stuff
 i personally wont buy this unless they sell this on my country

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
Then you won't be buying it. The whole point of this was to make another push to give the older material a proper release in America. Everyone gets pissy about this set only being released in North America. SORRY. It's being released by their US label for the US market in an attempt to gain/regain some audience here. It's the same way with every limited edition version that came out in Europe only for YEARS. Now, we get something of our own from these older albums. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the bonus tracks all get cobbled together into an "Uneasy Listening" style release for the ROTW after a period of time.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
actually Die hard bundle and LM,GR lovesongs and DSBH LPs from that reissues are available in slovak shop in slovakia
i am pissed that they only added vynils and not that 4 CD budnel that i wanted

Offline Len777

« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
The CDs are on Amazon and the digital versions with bonus tracks are on iTunes and Amazon also minus 666wtl.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
"And because there was some hassle at the vinyl pressing plant, I don't have the test pressings. I actually haven't heard the final cuts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I'm ready to get violent if they don't sound right. I'm sure they will be good."

Lol. Great! ::)

Offline dr3amsofglass

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2014, 09:24:10 AM »
this could be just a trick to sell some more copies as a Christmas present.

This was my immediate first thought. I honestly doubt it's actually limited to 2000 copies at this point...

If they want to stay independent, I'd much prefer to see them sign with Nuclear Blast or Napalm. At least those labels seem to make an effort.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »
It looks like Amazon and iTunes are releasing the digital versions a week early, on December 15. Hmmm....

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
It looks like Amazon and iTunes are releasing the digital versions a week early, on December 15. Hmmm....
i wonder then, since the single cd releases come with free digital versions, if I receive the digital versions on the 15th. Hmm.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2014, 05:53:35 AM »
No wonder they are - the material has long been ready, with release delayed only by vinyl manufacturing process.

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2014, 09:30:24 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of somewhere to buy the digital versions on the 15th in the UK. They aren't on amazon or iTunes. Ive ordered the cd bundle but that probably won't arrive from the US until well into January. So i wouldn't mind hearing them before then.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23