Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85378 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:46 AM »
I think all album covers on the world looks better in vinyl :p BTW, GLV.666 looks the best because they added the name logo on it. I think they should relase a vinyl press of Venus Doom. It could look nice.

I'm pretty much convinced they will release Venus Doom someday. To sweeten the wait, I've made myself a custom VD vinyl from CD. :D

« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2014, 02:37:44 AM »
The vinyls are still going to be different colors right?( I hope)now they have all black in the picture of them

The vinyls in the box are all black and they're all single LP editions, with no bonus tracks. To get double coloured vinyls with bonus tracks you'll need to buy them separately or buy the diehard bundle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:39:16 AM by Squeezit Wafflenose »

Offline regularwill

« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the Razorblade Romance CD is now black?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »
Yup. Probably just the bonus disc. Deep Shadows is using the darker gray colors for the disc as well.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2014, 07:44:43 AM »
Is anyone else as curious as I am to know who remastered everything? I tried asking The End Records, but they wouldn't tell me. I don't see why that information should be withheld, but I'm fine with listening to everything first before I draw any conclusions. I honestly don't have too much hope that the remastering will be done right and won't fall victim to the new industry standard of compressing the hell out of everything to make it sound as loud as possible, but they should still all be interesting to hear differently after all this time at the very least.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
They probably won't say because the people running the Facebook just don't know. It's probably a deal that they wouldn't know until they have the finished products in front of them to look at the liner notes. I really hope they didn't just increase the volume on these (like some remasters) and call it a day. I can pick out different things that should be done with each album to make them better. I only hope they put enough time and effort into it.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »
I'm hoping the reason it took so long for them to fully announce everything is because they were taking their time with the remastering process to make sure everything was done right. The albums could definitely use improvement, at least on the CD side of things. When you look at the DR values of all the digipaks...

666 Ways To Love - 7
Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666 - 6
Razorblade Romance - 6
Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights - 6
Love Metal - 7

Those are all in the "bad" range. Out of the cassette and vinyl rips that we have, though, the Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights cassette has a DR of 11, the Love Metal cassette is 10, and the 2008 180g vinyl of Razorblade Romance is 10. Those values aren't too shabby and they're right in the middle of what is considered to be the "transition" stage before the "good" stage starts at 14. The potential is there for these albums to sound great. If the newly remastered CDs test the same as the originals, I'll be disappointed. If they do a good job with everything, it'd be cool if they put up the four albums on HDtracks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:48:19 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »
What do you mean by DR?

Anyways, I don't care so much about the CDs, just the Vinyls... Can't increase the volume on a Vinyl lol so they better have done some real remastering.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
i think its dynamic range but i can be wrong

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:22 AM »
They probably won't say because the people running the Facebook just don't know. It's probably a deal that they wouldn't know until they have the finished products in front of them to look at the liner notes. I really hope they didn't just increase the volume on these (like some remasters) and call it a day. I can pick out different things that should be done with each album to make them better. I only hope they put enough time and effort into it.

There's one particularly audible glitch (a click) towards the end of Sweet Pandemonium from Love Metal (just before the instrumental outro), I hope they got rid of that.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
Well... I'm pissed off now  >:( >:( >:(
Dear Customer ,

This email is to inform you that the release date for the upcoming HIM re-issue releases has been changed from November 25th 2014 to December 23rd 2014 and affects all HIM re-issues. This change is due to an overwhelming product demand being brought upon the manufacturer for Black Friday Record Store Day releases. As before all pre-ordered items will be sent out before the release date. If there are any more updates we will be sure to let all of you know of them.

We have seen some early test proofs and they look amazing!  We're sure this is worth the extra wait!

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »
Well... I'm pissed off now  >:( >:( >:(
Dear Customer ,

This email is to inform you that the release date for the upcoming HIM re-issue releases has been changed from November 25th 2014 to December 23rd 2014 and affects all HIM re-issues. This change is due to an overwhelming product demand being brought upon the manufacturer for Black Friday Record Store Day releases. As before all pre-ordered items will be sent out before the release date. If there are any more updates we will be sure to let all of you know of them.

We have seen some early test proofs and they look amazing!  We're sure this is worth the extra wait!

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Looks like I'll be doing my birthday a little late this year. There is no way I can pre-order. And the release is on my birthday. This happens to be all I asked for. Glad I am a patient person.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
Has anyone else who order anything received that email? I haven't (yet)
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »
I thought it was selling poorly?  :o

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »
Has anyone else who order anything received that email? I haven't (yet)

I haven't ordered anything but the Facebook page says almost the exact same message.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:15 PM »
Such bullshit

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
I got the email.   So pissed we have to wait till Christmas and after this US tour.
Run Away From The Sun

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
I thought it was selling poorly?  :o

The overwhelming demand is due to all of the other releases the same manufacturer has to get done for Record Store Day, not the HIM re-issues themselves. The HIM re-issues are being pushed aside so the requirements can be met for everything else they have to get done that has a higher priority than they do. The boxset is currently #103,304 in Music on Amazon. Also, they have Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights listed under "Hubert Felix Thiefaine" as well as HIM for some reason haha.

The news definitely sucks ass. Poor planning all around for these releases. More waiting yet again. I know I'm going to be disappointed once I actually get my stuff after all of this.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:43:43 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:02 AM »
edit:
after all these delays and promises of these SUMMER reissues i dont believe that they will release it even on that 23rd of December because of blah blah blah and it will be delayed to 2015
i hope they will at least release 666 WTL on CD remastered too if they wanna make it up to the fans ... !

i cant tell that i am pissed off, i am just surprised how many times they fooled us already ... pffff
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:09:25 AM by 616 »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2014, 04:03:42 AM »
i hope they will at least release 666 WTL on CD remastered too if they wanna make it up to the fans ... !

To make it up to the fans, on release day (which will be on Valentine's Day 2016) everyone that pre-ordered will receive an email with a code that doesn't even work for three free downloads of Buried Alive By Love, Right Here In My Arms, and Wicked Game live on December 11th, 2014 at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. When fans start complaining that their codes don't work, The End Records will give them a 5% discount on any future purchase of $199 or more from their store. Most people will use the discount to order a brand new Diehard Bundle, which still will not have been sold out by then, complete with the autographed poster and all. The remaining USB sticks from the unsold boxsets will be sent to Africa, where people will put them into their donated computers and discover the music. They all will love it so much that thousands of new African fans will be created, and it will spark a new revolution that makes 2004 look like a low time for the band. The band will then tour Africa. While on tour there, Gas catches Ebola, but is able to survive. Changed by his near-death experience, Gas quits the band to embark on a journey to develop for a cure for Ebola once and for all. Ville carries on as a solo artist that only records covers of his former band's covers of songs on the acoustic guitar and xylophone. He is mildly successful online using Soundcloud, but struggles to find a label as even The End Records doesn't want to sign him. He eventually quits the music business for good, and no one ever hears from him again. The fangirls suffer from depression for awhile until My Chemical Romance gets back together, then all is good.

The End (Records).

I hope you all enjoyed my story.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:29:05 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »
Why can't they sign with Warner again? Then we can hide everything behind some asinine password system with a stupid fucking gatekeeper.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »
Why can't they sign with Warner again? Then we can hide everything behind some asinine password system with a stupid fucking gatekeeper.

We should've all gotten together after the band left Sire and started a record label of our own called The Sacrament Records. We couldn't be any worse. In fact, we'd probably be way better. We don't really know what we're doing or have any money, but neither does The End Records.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »

We should've all gotten together after the band left Sire and started a record label of our own called The Sacrament Records. We couldn't be any worse. In fact, we'd probably be way better. We don't really know what we're doing or have any money, but neither does The End Records.
very good point here!

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2014, 04:37:35 AM »
this could be just a trick to sell some more copies as a Christmas present.