Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85337 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2014, 03:58:01 AM »
bad label .... they should have stayed in Warner,
i know we were happy at first when they signed this new label because we were expecting more freedom when making an album, but now after all this i am sure they did ten steps backward, i remember when they were under BMG they were HUGE, when they signed Warner they had amazing promotion, advertisement and Dark Light was gold in the US and very well in the rest of the world too
now i wanted to buy a T-shirt of HIM few days ago in the shop where they had all king of music bands T-shirts and i had also Tears on Tape T-shirt on me and asked if they have some HIM T-shirt, they had no clue what band it is - thats not funny but rather sad  +  i have never heard a single ToT song on the radio  (only on Dan P Carter show). When there was a Wings of a butterfly single, it was almost annoying how often it was on TV or radio , everyone knew HIM and that song

once great and famous band became a regular band , i dont know if they wanted this , but i am sure fans are not happy as they used to be, at least i am not

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2014, 03:22:56 AM »
I'm back from my protest after finally seeing those leaked details a couple of days ago when I got the urge to visit Saint Scream. As you can probably tell from my new username, I'm pretty excited about 666 Ways To Love being included in the vinyl box set. I wonder if it's remastered too, or if it's just the four albums and the bonus tracks that needed it. Either way, now I need to buy that box set. They suckered me in again, damn it. The EP alone is gonna make whatever price they're charging for it worth it. I hope the vinyls are colored, though. That would be really cool. Going back to the remasters, I hope they've been done right by someone who truly knows what they're doing. If they've been done properly, the experiences of re-listening to the EP (possibly) and the albums should be some amazing ones. They could end up being the definitive versions. If not, though, I'll just stick to the originals. I'm still interested in the bonus tracks the most, and now the vinyl EP is right up there as well, but remasters done right would be the icing on the cake of some releases that I was extremely doubtful about for a long time and now look to have turned out better than what I would've thought or could've hoped.

I really hope they don't tour here in the US in December, though. I imagine they'll change the setlist around to reflect what they're promoting, almost like taking a trip back in time to 2004, but I don't wanna have to make my way to Chicago in the Winter. I'd really hate to miss a show where I might finally get my wish as far as the setlist goes and where it might feel like the old days again because of the circumstances, but it's extremely hard to plan anything like that in Northern Illinois during that time. There could be a giant blizzard, or it could be 60 degrees with not even a trace of snow on the ground. You just never know.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:26:07 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:33:56 AM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
I'm one of the lucky 2000 (4000?) that will be receiving a copy of 666 Ways To Love on vinyl in the mail. My mission is accomplished. ;D Now I must use the rest of this post to bitch a little bit. I really think they should've given us a heads up first. I can only imagine how pissed off some really "diehard" fans are gonna be when they finally wake up or get the time to order their "Diehard Bundle" only to find out they're all sold out. Also, it's pretty funny that the bonus track they give us is, of course, a live version of Right Here In My Arms from 2014. I had to laugh when I saw that. They uploaded it to their YouTube account on September 12th, though. Did anyone notice it beforehand?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:23:25 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
"One of the aforementioned bonus tracks is a previously unreleased version of “Right Here in My Arms,” from a HIMconcert at El Teatro Flores in Buenos Aires"  ...

ok so we will have live tracks , .... sweet, RHIMA live from Argentina, well, very rare and rarely performed live song..... yes!

01 Buried Alive By Love (Live at El Teatro Flores BS.AS. MMXIV) - live , i will skip this one
02 Beyond Redemption (Vinnfox Relics) - OK i cant wait for this one
03 Circle Of Fear (Vinnfox Relics) - OK, great
04 Soul On Fire (Live at Semifinal HKI MMIII) - we have this, whats the point of putting this one on it? ....
05 Endless Dark (Vinnfox Relics) - OK i hpe its different than 616 version
SIDE D
06 The Sacrament (ACSTC Pascha MMXIV) - OK i cant wait!
07 This Fortress Of Tears (Vinnfox Relics) - OK, this is excellent
08 The Funeral Of Hearts (Live at Helldone MMXIII SJK) - live,... i will skip this one

01 Again (Hollola Tapes) - we have this, dont we? i am confused
02 Pretending (TRNSFRMTN Version) -  version? sweet, i dont know what to think, but lets see, or hear
03 Lose You Tonight (Hollola Tapes) - i am lost in this one, do we have this? or ?
04 Salt In Our Wounds (John Fryer Mix) - OK! this sounds more than good
SIDE D (DELUXE ONLY)
05 Close To The Flame (Hollola Tapes) - OK
06 Please Don't Let It Go (Hollola Tapes) - OK, amazing i was waiting for this one
07 Pretending (Kevin Shirley Mix) - OK, another mix? well i dont know if i am looking forward for this one or not
08 Love You Like I Do (Hollola Tapes) - OK, this is cool

01 I Love You (TRNSFRMTN Version) - OK, version, but i dont know what version? anyway i am looking forward to hear this one !
02 Resurrection (PRCX Version) - CANT WAIT! most anticipated song for me !  ! !
03 Right Here In My Arms (Live at El Teatro Flores BS.AS.MMXIV) - sucks,... totally pointless to release live 2014 version of this overplayed song,.,. but OK i will skip this one
04 Poison Girl (Strongroom Sessions) - OK, sounds fine
Side D
05 Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart (Strongroom Sessions) - OK sounds fine
06 Death Is In Love With Us (Live at Helldone SJK MMXIII) - well another live track. OK i can survive it because its not overplayed song like Wicked Game
07 Join Me In Death (PRCX Version) - OK but what does it mean "PRCX" ?  :o
08 Gone With The Sin (Strongroom Sessions) - OK

01 Your Sweet Six Six Six (Live at Helldone TRE MMXIII) - another live track, well i will skip this one too
02 It's All Tears (ACSTC Live G&T Version) - live? what? i am confused
03 Our Diabolikal Rapture (Live at Rockpalast MM) - Rockpalast 2000 - we have this, pointless decision on release this one
04 The Heartless (ACSTC Pascha MMXIV) - 2014 version of Heartless, well OK i cant wait!!!
Side D
05 Stigmata Diaboli (Live at Caribia TKU MMII) - we have this, why they are releasing this as it was released on Love Metal Archives DVD?
06 For You (ACSTC Live G&T Version) - what? ACSTC live G&T version? what is that? lets see
07 The Beginning Of The End (Live at Provinssirock MCMXCIX) - we have this, another pointless song
08 When Love And Death Embrace (Live at Center Stage GA MMXIV) - i have this :-D another live track from 2014

for me , Love Metal unreleased songs look GOOD! , the worst its without any doubt Gr8est luvsongs vol 666, DSBH is looking nice too and RR is 50-50 for me.

well , honestly i was expecting MORE, a lot more
one live track from random concert is ABSOLTUELY pointless to release as "unreleased song",..... i dont know if they dont have that many stuff from the first album era, but Greatest lovesongs vol 666 bonuses suck for me

what do you think ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:20:57 AM by 616 »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »
There are some demos on the CDs by the looks of it but it's mainly live tracks, I've gone for the cd bundle as the "diehard" ultimate fan thing would could me about £60 in import tax after the $200+shipping to the UK.

My summary

GLS 666- Not that interested in live songs and ACSTC i assume is acoustic so they could be good. 6/10
RR-Cannot wait for Resurrection, Join me and I love you ,strongroom sessions should be alright the rest i can cope without.9/10
DS&BH-All looks pretty good stuff but nothing extraordinary. 8/10
LM- most excited about this one the vinnfox/finnvox stuff might 2002 demos and i like the sacrament so a new acoustic version can't be a bad thing. 10/10
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:10:25 AM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
Pretty underwhelming list of bonus tracks, although I guess it'll have to do. Better than nothing, but certainly could've been a lot better. Definitely some things that have already been released, so there goes the "never before released" sales pitch. Too much recent live stuff, which I was worried was going to be the case. It was to be expected, though. On the bright side, the Love Metal demos should be fucking awesome. Absolutely looking forward to hearing those. I counted 9 demos total for sure, one of which was already released (Again) - so 8 new ones. Certainly a disappointment that out of 37 tracks spanning across four different albums, only 9 of them are demos. There's definitely more in the archives. I don't know what some of the shit on that list is, though. I would guess a TRNSFRMTN Version is a remix of some sort. No idea about the PRCX Versions, though. We already have a Join Me In Death Strongroom Mix, and I can't really tell anything noticeably different about it, so those Strongroom Sessions will probably be the same if I had to guess. Overall, not an absolutely terrible list, but they could've made it better for sure. There's definitely some stuff I'm looking forward to, however.

EDIT: Missed Endless Dark somehow. I'm going to say that's gotta be the same version we already have, so now only 7 new demos for sure. That Close To The Flame version could also very well be the one that's already been released, so that would take the number down to 6. What happened to "never before released"?! I can't believe they would give us three demos that are already out there lol. Come on, Ville.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:47:02 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »
For You (ACSTC Live G&T Version) is presumably the version from the Gone With the Sin single.

And there's an unplugged It's All Tears on the Join Me single.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:29:23 AM by robertzombie »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
they scoured their archive and chosed live tracks and already released tracks on DVDs or bootlegs, thats not making the reissues that much interesting for the HIM fans, but ok lets see
Love Metal bonuses are cool and i cant wait to hear these. I dont know what to think about RR Strongroom and PRCX versions, but if these are different somehow i will be glad.
DSBH - i was expecting more, honestly, two versions of Pretending? Well ..... i was hoping for some more interesting stuff on that one
and Greatest Lovesongs vol 666 - the more i look at the tracklist of the bonuses the less i am looking forward for this one. Honestly i was expecting something extra ordinary, cool and this is very poor. Why i was expecting old songs like "i have crossed the oceans of wine... "  or something like this? well my hopes were TOO HIGH

and know , these USB sticks - do you have any clue if the USB will be filled with mp3s  or lossless format songs? mp3 can suck my dick but lossless is something different, more info is needed for me!  i cant decide where i should throw my money on what bundle  ;D

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
Instead of "never before released" they should say "here's some stuff you definitely DON'T have, and then here's some stuff that you may or may not have, depending on how big of a fan you are". That would be more accurate. I'm glad we're getting anything at all in the long run, but you know what I mean.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
For You (ACSTC Live G&T Version) is presumably the version from the Gone With the Sin single.

And there's an unplugged It's All Tears on the Join Me single.
i was worried that it will be exactly this! and when i look on other live tracks i am afraid you are right, well it would be more than disappointing to have the same track that was once released, only differently titled :-D

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
thanks 616 for doing a breakdown of my exact thoughts track by track. pretty unwhelmed to say the least. at first, i looked at just the track listing for GLS on theend's website and was about to just give up on the rest one I translated the roman numerals in my head. Most of this is pure shite!  Live tracks that don't even come close to when the songs were released. For the record, I would been okay with live stuff that existed in bootleg form, but they gave us the soundboard source (like Sailin On and HoD on Uneasy Vol 2.).  I personally don't have any real need for the big box as I have the ALSN Vinyl Box set from a decade ago and an original 666wtl cd.

So much potential just completely wasted. And due to where the band is in their career and how much they clearly have lost that spark with the fans, this is as good as it's even going to get.

PS- Every with news of a so so box set and a mini tour, all that has been completely trumped by the news that Cat Stevens just announced his first US Tour in 35 years. Way more stoked for that
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2014, 12:34:26 PM »
Hopefully the albums will be well mastered on vinyl and that will make up for the underwhelming selection of bonus tracks.
I'm looking forward to replacing the terribly brickwalled CDs.

Offline Len777

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
Just to add a glimmer of hope to all the audiophiles here, I noticed while reading the details on heartagram at the end of each description of the vinyl's it includes a digital download card for each. That to me hints that we are looking at some lossless digital vinyl versions of the albums that could be a big plus!

Offline joeyp3021

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:20 PM »
are the bonus tracks included with the regular bundle on the usb or do I have to buy the remastered cds to

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
Heh..lossless...heh...
They will be 320kps MP3s, probably using the same master as the current digital downloads. And the vinyls probably are using that same master as well. The USB drive might just have lossless stuff direct from the masters...if we're lucky.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
This is really disappointing if you ask me... no new songs on the bonus tracks or anything from witches and other night fears.   The songs that sound like demos might be cool like the LM vinnfox relics, strongman sessions and the DSABH hollola tapes.   I do like some of the live tracks because I got sick of hearing bootlegs and want to hear a pro recorded live track.   I'm not really a big fan of any of their remixes and there are no good acoustic versions other than the heartless.   Watch the for you and it's all tears just be the jyrki versions like we are thinking.   When I first heard about this I was thinking I would have bought the "ultimate bundle" but I'm not sure if I am interested in anything.   

There's 32 bonus songs so does that mean there will be 37 different tracks on the USB?   I hope there's more involved in this, most of it we already have.

Edit: If there's nothing different on this USB then I'm definitely just getting the Deluxe Re-Mastered 4 CD Bundle.   I don't like vinyls anyways and it's $155 cheaper. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:59:13 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
I think it's 32 (4x8) + the 5 bonus songs that we have already, that came on the limited editions of the original releases (Sigillum Diaboli, The 9th Circle, You Are The One, In Love And Lonely, Love's Requiem)

The ridiculous shipping fees to Europe are really annoying, now that I'm moving back from Indy to Germany end October. I will probably also settle for the 4 CD bundle.
I'm excited for the tapes of RR, DSBH and LB...that's enough to make it worth to get it for me...I agree though that it could have been better.
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
I'll offer this in the open for anyone buying the super deluxe giant whatever box set that lives in EU (except possibly Italy and France since I hear your post systems are shady), I am totally fine if you want to have it shipped to me in America and then I will gladly ship it overseas.  Shipping direct to EU for THEEND is about $110-$120. US shipping is about $22. And probably another $50-60 from me to EU. Plus I can declare a lower customs value so you don't get hit with VAT. I have friends in Croatia and Netherlands that I ship stuff to all the time. And the contents are far more expensive than this box set. So I know how to do a decent job. PM me if you want to talk
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2014, 11:19:11 PM »
Just pre-ordered my Deluxe Re Mastered 4 CD bundle.   Came to 52.75 after shipping.. Can't wait. 

Are we sure that the other 5 bonus tracks are SD, 9thC, ILAL, YATO and LR?
Run Away From The Sun

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2014, 02:38:24 AM »
I've emailed the record label to enquire about the vinyl mastering chain. Regarding the download card, it's highly unlikely that it'll be anything more than lossy mp3.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
After getting over not getting any new songs on this I am excited to hear a lot of these.   I sort of broke it down a little to see what were getting

Vinnfox Relics I am most excited for this... we will see if Endless Dark is the 616 version.  If so it is the same session as Rescue
Beyond Redemption
Circle Of Fear
Endless Dark
This Fortress Of Tears

Hollola Tapes We already have Again and Beautiful from Uneasy Listening Vol. 2 and they sound amazing.
Again
Lose You Tonight
Close To The Flame
Please Don't Let It Go
Love You Like I Do

Strongman Sessions I like the Join Me version of this song better than on the album so i'm looking forward to this
Poison Girl
Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart
Gone With The Sin

ACSTC Pascha MMXIV Okay new acoustic versions I can deal with especially an acoustic Heartless which we've never had
The Sacrament
The Heartless

TRNSFRMTN Version The obvious is it's Transformation abbreviated but I'm hoping they re recorded theses tracks recently
Pretending
I Love You

PRCX Version No idea what this means but I'm ready for a different version of Resurrection
Resurrection
Join Me In Death

ACSTC Live G&T Version Cross your fingers these aren't the ones we already have
It's All Tears
For You

Misc. Mixes  There are too many versions of these songs to begin with so they best be good
Salt In Our Wounds (John Fryer Mix)
Pretending (Kevin Shirley Mix)

LIVE

Live at El Teatro Flores BS.AS. MMXIV Sounded really good on the 2014 tour so I like this
Buried Alive By Love
Right Here In My Arms

Live at Semifinal HKI MMIII Already have this from the ALSN dvd but it is my favorite song and they sounded excellent for this
Soul On Fire

Live at Helldone MMXIII SJK I liked the intro they did for FOH and DIILWU is cool because they just brought it back
The Funeral Of Hearts
Death Is In Love With Us

Live at Helldone TRE MMXIII Not sure if this is the same gig as the ^previous Helldone mmxiii sjk
Your Sweet 666

Live at Rockpalast MM Really dumb we have this whole set on video and audio
Our Diabolikal Rapture

Live at Caribia TKU MMII Again really dumb... have this whole show too
Stigmata Diaboli

Live at Provinssirock MCMXCIX I like this version better than the illosorirock from 98'
The Beginning Of The End

Live at Center Stage GA MMXIV So glad they did this for the closer in 2014, was amazing with Gas and Burton playing on it.
When Love And Death Embrace
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:32:42 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Inferno

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
I counted 32 from the list above... We're missing 5. Could those 5 be exclusive to the USB stick?
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
well who knows, i was thinking maybe they put the 666 ways to love to that 37 number but it would have been still just 36
we have to wait

Offline Len777

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
I counted 32 from the list above... We're missing 5. Could those 5 be exclusive to the USB stick?

I was thinking the same thing, probably not though maybe they through the swrmxs version of In Venere Veritas on there 5 times for good measure?