Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85349 times)

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2014, 07:35:38 AM »
i know exactly what are you talking about Cory, altough i dont like how the Love Metal album is mixed, but RR is perfect in every aspect
when compared to Tears on Tape its clear what are you talking about, but in the other hand - for the band maybe thats not their priority because they know that most of the people will listen to their music in lousy shitty mp3 quality .....

i expect from these reissueses - limited versions tracklists (with all bonus songs on the first 4 albums - not the live CD that was on RR limietd, but the 9th Circle, Loves Requiem,..... you know) + well chosen never before released rarities (i hope no stupid remixes will be there, but true unreleased things like never before released songs, outtakes, demos)

I hope we get something along those lines, i'm not really interested in live songs being included, i think we'll get songs like the ones on uneasy listenings a few demos, maybe a studio cover that hasn't been released. The only thing that does concern me is that they will be straight up reissues with the bonus tracks included, that would be disappointing. Does anyone know whether they are planning on releasing them as 4 separate albums or a box set? Which cd are you all looking forward to the most?
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

SwagSaget

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
i know exactly what are you talking about Cory, altough i dont like how the Love Metal album is mixed, but RR is perfect in every aspect
when compared to Tears on Tape its clear what are you talking about, but in the other hand - for the band maybe thats not their priority because they know that most of the people will listen to their music in lousy shitty mp3 quality .....

i expect from these reissueses - limited versions tracklists (with all bonus songs on the first 4 albums - not the live CD that was on RR limietd, but the 9th Circle, Loves Requiem,..... you know) + well chosen never before released rarities (i hope no stupid remixes will be there, but true unreleased things like never before released songs, outtakes, demos)

I hope we get something along those lines, i'm not really interested in live songs being included, i think we'll get songs like the ones on uneasy listenings a few demos, maybe a studio cover that hasn't been released. The only thing that does concern me is that they will be straight up reissues with the bonus tracks included, that would be disappointing. Does anyone know whether they are planning on releasing them as 4 separate albums or a box set? Which cd are you all looking forward to the most?

They haven't said yet, as far as I know, but I think both ways will be an option. It would make the most sense, IMO. Not every single person is gonna want to buy them all. I can see them doing some sort of limited edition box set - a few of them actually if there is going to be vinyls too. Gotta keep the HIM tradition alive and have as many different things to buy as possible. There could be a CD only box set, a vinyl only box set, and then a Super Deluxe HIM's Biggest Fan On MySpace box set that includes both the CDs and the vinyls. Hopefully soon we'll find out just exactly how they plan to empty out our wallets this time, although I'm personally probably going to wait before I buy anything this time around, and probably just end up getting the regular versions instead of everything unless I absolutely can't live without something that only comes with one of the different options. Like, a sticker, or a poster, or a flag isn't going to be enough for me to have to or want to buy that particular version anymore. No amount of heartagram laser pens or photocopied Polaroid photos will make me spend extra anymore. I just pretty much want the music now and that's it, but there would still be some other things besides exclusive tracks that I would find cool and pay extra for just to have, I'm just going to be very particular from here on out. I'm not very interested in collecting anymore, especially with the new releases, so I'm fine with just getting a bunch of unreleased songs and nothing else besides that because the music is the main incentive for me.

It's been three months now since the original statement about the deluxe editions. I give up on them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:09:56 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline Len777

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
I just noticed that they took down the uneasy listening albums from iTunes us. Could be a very good sign that we're getting some good stuff linked to some of the demos on those albums please give us Love Metal demos, Pllllllleeeeeeeeasssssseeeeee!!!!!

SwagSaget

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2014, 04:26:21 PM »
We must be looking at a mid-to-late September release for these damn things now. The very end of Summer, of course. There hasn't been any mention of them again anywhere for over three long months of waiting now to hear some more news to get keep ourselves excited about them and to build on that excitement, plus to let all the people know about them that didn't already catch the announcement. I can only imagine these things are going to sell horribly, which is going to make it really hard for them to want to do anything like it again, which is obviously a damn shame for people like us here.

If they haven't already been quietly cancelled in hopes that not too many people were aware of them to begin with, I could see them just popping up for pre-order one day out of nowhere, but not enough people are going to know what they are or why they should get them, and those people that just found out about them won't have the money already set aside to get them when they first come out, so they're going to be a failure from a sales perspective. They need to start ramping up some promotion and start getting the word out there more. I guarantee you that the majority of fans that post on HIM's Facebook page have absolutely no idea about these things. Warner Bros. would've been everywhere promoting these deluxe editions. You wouldn't be able to run away from somewhere promoting them. They'd have everybody aware, and the sales numbers would reflect that.

I hope The End Records doesn't cause the end of HIM. They need to get their heads out of their asses and start doing some work for the band. It's not like they're the busiest group of people as it is, that's for sure. Someone could at least take the time to photoshop something nice to pass around for everyone to see. I'd do it myself, but I fucking suck at photoshop, plus I'm not getting paid to do it like those guys and girls over there are. They could finish the website, as I think that would really help a lot, but the altered Love Metal cover and tour dates is good enough for them, I guess. Ask anybody that isn't a big HIM fan if they've ever heard of The End Records before. I'm sure they haven't. It sounds like one of those indie labels where all the hardcore bands all go to die. The only good thing about them is that it opens up a possibility of a HIM/Lordi tour, but HIM hasn't toured with another band I like since Kill Hannah back in 2004. Anathema was the weirdest choice for a support act this year. The two different styles of music didn't mix well at all. The opening bands are supposed to get you hyped, not relax you and make you wanna fall asleep before the main act even hits the stage.

This whole thing is so frustrating for me. I want the old days back.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:47:01 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
I would be disappointed if they were cancelled as I was looking forward to possibly hearing something new. I think it will just be the case of someone on here stumbling across the fact that they've already been released rather than an announcement.I agree with you on the Warner/Sire front even with SWRMXS we all knew it was happening, it was shit but we knew. I can still remember that homepage playing that horrendous In Venere Veritas remix. Remember though with the festivals starting we might see a tv recording of a HIM show somewhere and Ville may mention the reissues in an interview somewhere.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline powernoize

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »

HIM Talk Album Reissues, 'Tears on Tape,' Nearly Losing Drummer to Injury + More
http://loudwire.com/him-album-reissues-tears-on-tape-drummer-injury-more/

SwagSaget

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
Not liking the sound of that interview at all. He did mention a vinyl box set, which I'm not really into but I'm sure enough people would at least want to have in their collections. He said they record all of their gigs now, which we already knew after that backpack got stolen, but that was exactly what I was afraid of, the bonuses all being live songs from recent gigs.

I'm losing faith (no pun intended) and excitement on these by the minute now. There could still end up being some really good stuff on them, but it doesn't sound promising when Ville says, "We're still trying to figure out what and when. We've been recording all of our gigs now, so..." Live tracks, especially new ones, are what I least wanted and feared would be biggest bonuses besides stuff we already have. Live stuff is fine as long as it's from the era of the album, it hasn't already been released before, and it's only a few songs at most.

He said the record company never really pushed the old albums before (what is this new one doing differently then?) so it's making it seem like these are just going to be pretty standard releases for the most part, with just a few extras on each to entice someone who hasn't bought them before to now make the purchase, and to give the diehards and collectors enough of a difference to buy them all yet again. The vinyl box set will probably end up looking pretty nice, which will almost surely be the main reason to buy it, but the extras they seem to have in mind aren't the extras any of us here would want.

I'll reserve full judgement until the entire tracklistings are revealed, but I'm prepared more than ever now to be disappointed. :-\

Everyone get prepared for recent live versions of For You and When Love And Death Embrace to make their way onto the Greatest Lovesongs edition. They're gonna have to be old live recordings for Deep Shadows, though. I guess that's the only plus. All of the other albums could feature recent stuff. That ain't cool, but I could see it happening if they're just trying to sell their old albums again instead of giving them the real deluxe edition treatments like a lot of other bands are doing nowadays where they include tons demos of every song on the album, a bunch of outtakes, whatever b-sides there are, and then finally live recordings. I wasn't expecting nearly as much as what Soundgarden did just recently with Superunknown, but something in the same vein at least. Take a look at that deluxe edition. That's a fan's dream come true right there. Soundgarden sure knows how to do it. They have completely different fans, though. The casuals could end up screwing everything up yet again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:43:12 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »
Sometimes I feel like even Ville has no idea what's going on with releases.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

SwagSaget

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »
There's probably no one in the band or at that label that truly knows what the hell is going on lol.

The thing that bugs me the most is - the band (Ville especially) doesn't seem to have a very good grasp on who their fans actually are. The fangirls are the most vocal and the most rabid now, of course, so it's like they're the only ones out there and the only ones they have to please, and that's pretty easy to do with just the simplest of things. There's still a decent amount of us older fans left still lurking around, just waiting for something interesting and exciting to happen, though. Just like with the live sets, there needs to be a compromise. Something for everyone to enjoy with equal amounts. The band should've reached out to the fans somehow and let us pick what we wanted to see the most and help with letting the band know what is already out there online, kinda like what Jimmy Page did with the recent Led Zeppelin remasters. He reached out to the bootleg collectors to see what is already available, as to not include anything on the releases you could already get otherwise.

I still think that the best thing they could do with the recordings they've been making is to put them online like Metallica does. Even though I'm always bitching and complaining about the setlist, if I could download a lossless soundboard recording of each show they do just a day or a few days after it happens, I'd be spending money like crazy. This is where the fangirls and the casual fans come into play, though. The casual fans definitely aren't going to care or want that, and the fangirls would only buy the video of a show they were at so they can look and see if Ville looked at them throughout the show at any point.

The only old live stuff that I could truly see myself being happy with if it is included, just off the top of my head, would be: Pre-Greatest Lovesongs stuff, the early versions of both Join Me and Razorblade Kiss, In Love And Lonely, and You Are The One. But I doubt they have solid recordings for any of those things.

At the end of the day, I think we all picked the wrong band to become hardcore fans of, or at least to stay hardcore fans of up until now haha. We'll probably never end up getting what we all truly want because there isn't enough of us out there now getting our voices heard about our interest in hearing demos and whatnot. We're definitely just a small little group on this message board now, the only message board really left that I know about. If there were more of us online and being vocal about it, something good might happen. Something good could still happen with these releases, but I don't know now. Things are still as confusing as unknown as they ever were.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:00:38 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »
my 1 cent to this thing.

i am the one who is bitching the most because of their setlist!  ;D if it depended on me, i would retire their entire setlist they are playing the last few years, and forced them to play different setlist on every fvcking show of their tour ... at least if they brought back "And Love Said No" and some DSBH songs that would be great

to the reissues - i was afraid of live recordings - but obviously Ville just comfirmed in the latest interview on this theme, that they recorded live shows and they still have no clue what and when they will do on the reissues - i bet just out of blue - we will have "For You live from whatever show" on Greatest lovesongs 666 reissue, we will probably have Death Is in Love live from Helldone on the Razorblade Romance reissue. I cant see that we will have another lives of Buried alive by love or When love and death embrace as they released these "live studio recordings" as the part of the deluxe version of Tears on Tape.
I rather dont wanna see the tracklist of the reissues so i wont be pissed off, but anyway i love the band the most and i love them because of their music, not their merchandise and shits.

edit: And Cory i agree with every word you said on this! great points
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:37:31 PM by 616 »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »

guys this interview was shot in the early april, so releasing it now seems  they  have green light for august release date imo. And Ville is never honest about what they will release...

but whatever it comes, i'll take it :P

Offline Len777

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
Lately I've been trying to stay positive and since we know the band members already know what people like us would like. I'm gonna say they are purposefully fucking with us. We will be shocked, elated, surprised and Corey will wet his pants with joy (myself included). Ps I think they're getting desperate and I think they're gonna give it up.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »
I'm trying not to expect anything because it's just pointless at this point and I don't want to stress over it. I am excited that there will be a vinyl box set as I wasn't expecting that at all and I'm also happy to see that they realize that some of their older songs are still worthwhile to play and their setlist hasn't really been the best. I would just be happy if they changed it up in the way that Ville said and include a wide array of songs from their beginning and even those they've never played before.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

SwagSaget

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:49 AM »

guys this interview was shot in the early april, so releasing it now seems  they  have green light for august release date imo. And Ville is never honest about what they will release...

but whatever it comes, i'll take it :P

Early March in the first press release - "For the past months, the infamous 'Love Metal' archives have been extensively scoured by us for rare, exclusive and downright scary musical nuggets for an experience in Finnish melancholy like no other, so please consider yourself warned…"

Fuck yeah! That sounds like demos and other good shit that we've all been wanting! These are gonna be great!

Early April in this video interview - "We don't know what or when, but we've been recording our gigs lately, so..."

Noooooo!!!!! Haha. :P

The point I'm trying to make is that in early March it was said that these had already been being worked on for months prior and would come out in the Summer. The original press release made it sound like these were gonna be awesome, but the newly posted interview dulls the excitement with the mention of the new live recordings. If these things were being worked on for months prior to March, by April they probably should've known for the most part what the bonuses are gonna be, and that's why the mention of the live stuff is disappointing to hear. It's not like I would ever expect him to say, "Yeah, there's gonna be a demo of an old song we did for Greatest Lovesongs but we never ended up using." Nothing specific like that, but he didn't say else besides the live recordings they've been making. I just think Ville, even though he doesn't take interviews very seriously, would wanna hype these things up a bit more if they included some really good stuff. We pretty much know for sure now that those recordings are gonna be a part of these somehow, but that's the only thing we know so far. But hey, at least we know they eventually found that guy who stole the backpack, I guess, right? I don't remember ever hearing what happened with him, but all must be well now. 8)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:01:07 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
if they want to put live recordings on these reissues, they should not do it with the 2013 and 2014 live recordings, i dont wanna have a bonus of "For You" on the Greatest lovesongs vol 666 album live from 2014. If they want to put lives they should use the live recordings from the era of the album or before the album was even released.
For me the only acceptable live bonuses on these reissues would be soundboard live recordings of Razorblade Kiss , I Love You from the 1998 + Join Me of that era , and as Cory said early live versions of DSBH songs performed in 2000.
But still if they wanna make a real reissue, they should release the version of the DSBH as they wanted it to sound like back in 2000/2001. its well known that they had to record it as the label wanted it and i am sure they have a lot of stuff recorded as they imagined the DSBH will be like. if they wanna reissue the album they should finally release this with the new label, maybe they will start liking this beautiful album and play at least Pretending or Heartache every moment again on the concerts

SwagSaget

« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:19 PM »
But still if they wanna make a real reissue, they should release the version of the DSBH as they wanted it to sound like back in 2000/2001. its well known that they had to record it as the label wanted it and i am sure they have a lot of stuff recorded as they imagined the DSBH will be like. if they wanna reissue the album they should finally release this with the new label, maybe they will start liking this beautiful album and play at least Pretending or Heartache every moment again on the concerts

That would be the shit right there. Didn't Ville say in Synnin Viemaa that he wanted to do that at some point, as far as releasing the album the way they originally intended it and wanted it to be? That would be the greatest thing ever. I probably wouldn't even mind live shit on the rest of the CDs if they did that, haha.

Offline powernoize

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
if they want to put live recordings on these reissues, they should not do it with the 2013 and 2014 live recordings, i dont wanna have a bonus of "For You" on the Greatest lovesongs vol 666 album live from 2014. If they want to put lives they should use the live recordings from the era of the album or before the album was even released.
For me the only acceptable live bonuses on these reissues would be soundboard live recordings of Razorblade Kiss , I Love You from the 1998 + Join Me of that era , and as Cory said early live versions of DSBH songs performed in 2000.

that would be awesome. hopefully, the release of Whisper In The Chaos with Ville on lead vox is an indication that there are more hidden treasures in the vaults.

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »
What led to The End deciding to acquire HIM's early catalog and re-issue it?

AK: I discovered HIM on a trip to Europe, before they had any releases in the US. Through the years I got to know the band on a personal level and it was cool to find out Ville was a fan of a lot of our releases. HIM also put some of our bands on their tours. So when the opportunity came up to reissue their catalog, we spoke about it and suggested we work it together. They liked the fact we were excited about making deluxe versions and vinyl. This has been a mutual project as Ville is very involved with this. Any fan of HIM will be very excited once the details get announced. Stay tuned.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/theendrecords/photos/a.418814571318.199270.7221626318/10152295987271319/?type=1&permPage=1
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

SwagSaget

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
The guy that asked the question... 8)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2014, 02:53:23 AM »
Hmm, so maybe there will be good things after all...

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 04:04:37 AM »
Anthony Shakes Listro?
lets see whats gonna happen

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
I'm going to be honest. I don't want to buy these albums again. I already have 5-6 copies of each.  :-\

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
Sadly, as long as they pump out "new versions" of them, I'll buy them. Like a whore. A dirty, dirty whore.

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
New interview:

- Release date: Halloween, 2014.
- The deluxe edition includes 8-10 unreleased songs per album.

Source: http://www.musigpub.tv/index.php/features/sendungen
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline powernoize

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
awesome news! thanks for posting the interview link here.