Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85360 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »
From a new interview with Linde:

"Your early catalog is being reissued digitally and is coming out as a deluxe edition. That must be nice for younger fans who caught on late and can't find the old albums in stores.

Yeah, exactly. They've never been released here properly before, so it should be a good thing."

That's a burrrrrn on Universal records, haha
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

SwagSaget

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »
I think I still have those Universal releases in my basement somewhere. There's probably spiders chilling in the cases. I told myself from now on I'm not going overboard when it comes to new releases except to support the band and if something actually warrants a purchase besides me just wanting to have everything. We'll see how that goes. They always get me somehow. Like that blue vinyl of Two Decades. I pre-ordered it quick as hell because it was supposed to be limited, then I actually forgot about it because it took so long to actually come out. Didn't even get one of the stickers, but I see they're still selling them to this day complete with the sticker for much cheaper. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach this time for things I don't really need and I'm on the fence about getting.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 01:52:23 AM »
I'll buy one of each when they come out for my collection. If they have new material on them I'll buy two of each, one to open and one to keep sealed. I'm sick like that. But, it's far cheaper to get stuff like that when it first comes out rather than down the line. I don't even buy stuff for value, just a compulsion to own as much as I can get my hands on.

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
I'll only buy them if they include something new. I already have all the old ones.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »
Looks like my wallet is going to get violated once again...

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
I just saw on www.heartagram.com/the_end that the new special editions will actually be titled The Special Miltos editions  including a certified by Miltos sticker.

What the hell? LOL!!!
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »
I think I still have those Universal releases in my basement somewhere. There's probably spiders chilling in the cases. I told myself from now on I'm not going overboard when it comes to new releases except to support the band and if something actually warrants a purchase besides me just wanting to have everything. We'll see how that goes. They always get me somehow. Like that blue vinyl of Two Decades. I pre-ordered it quick as hell because it was supposed to be limited, then I actually forgot about it because it took so long to actually come out. Didn't even get one of the stickers, but I see they're still selling them to this day complete with the sticker for much cheaper. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach this time for things I don't really need and I'm on the fence about getting.

I pre-ordered the blue vinyl version of Two Decades as well and ALMOST threw out the box before I saw the sticker as in a clear little packet on the outside of the box- hope you didn't accidentally toss yours out!  I am definitely going to be saving for these reissues though just in case they sell quickly.  Really hoping for something awesome this time!  I loved both of the Uneasy Listening discs, too, and really enjoy hearing alternate versions of their songs....kind of keeps them fresh.  Guess we are all eagerly awaiting these releases.....

SwagSaget

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »
I've seen at least a few other people say theirs came taped to the outside of the box it came in, but there was nothing on mine. It didn't even look like there was a spot something like that could've been and it just fell off during shipping or something. It's a very strange way to send something, though. It's like they got all of the packages ready and then someone found a bunch of the stickers lying around and was like, oh yeah, we're supposed to send these too. I wasn't too bummed about it. It was a surprise I even got the vinyl at all because it felt like I pre-ordered it a year before I actually received it. Then I see they're still for sale today for a lot cheaper. I thought they would've been sold out a long time ago, and I thought that stickers were even more limited than the vinyl itself. I could've swore they were a little incentive to pre-order early.

Also, I just got an email back from someone at The End Records about these. I guess I should've emailed a different department, because I got the generic "thanks for your interest, please stay turned for more information" response.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:06:51 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
Yeah I dunno why they would put the stickers on the outside either- seems kind of dumb to do, especially when they could fall off.  And I thought the same thing too about the pre-order incentive with the sticker. I had no idea they were still available, but with my luck, I just order when it's there because you never know when something will sell out. Then it's gone forever unless someone sells on eBay! Ha! Like I need to go back on there- have already spent a gazillion on stuff and probably haven't even tipped the iceberg!  8)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »
check the attachment
its a screenshot from the FB page of Gas

interesting

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 09:36:22 PM »
Ha! So you have a FB page then??  Hmm....

Offline Len777

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 11:33:51 PM »
Holy fuck sticks! Please tell me that picture is real!?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
Interesting. I'd be ecstatic if those got put on the GLS deluxe edition. It's more likely that they'd release the 93/95 demos over that though since they've got to know those are already out there.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 03:26:09 AM »
Ha! So you have a FB page then??  Hmm....
no i dont, i just  checked GasĀ“  FB page and saw this so i picked a screenshot of it
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GAS-Lipstick-HIM/490990310995711

its under the picture of Gas with his laptop, just check the comments where Gas replied

SwagSaget

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Just now saw that picture of the comment from Gas. Funny enough, when I spoke to him last summer about demos (like I mentioned on here before when I told him us fans would love to have a box set of them, and he said he thought it was a great idea and he'd tell and talk to the guys about it) I brought up Witches And Other Night Fears and he said he didn't know what it was haha. Swear to god. I should still have the messages on my Facebook from our conversation.

Here's a pic of his reply to me on Facebook: http://i.imgur.com/MH5ath0.png

I asked him if he could tell me anything about Witches And Other Night Fears, and I also brought up the "demo that shall not be named" as well. Looking back on it, it's hard to tell if he's being completely serious about not knowing what WAONF is, but he talks about the other one with no problem, so I don't see why he would want to hide anything in particular about WAONF - unless these deluxe editions were already starting to be planned around that time and that was supposed to be the big surprise about them, but I guess that would mean they aren't planning to use any songs from that "other demo". I don't know, I just hope they release the information on these damn things very soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:57:26 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »
well lets see, the summer is knocking on the door almost so lets see whats gonna happen
i mean i cant wait, but i am afraid that there will be stuff i already have :-D

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 09:01:09 AM »
Just now saw that picture of the comment from Gas. Funny enough, when I spoke to him last summer about demos (like I mentioned on here before when I told him us fans would love to have a box set of them, and he said he thought it was a great idea and he'd tell and talk to the guys about it) I brought up Witches And Other Night Fears and he said he didn't know what it was haha. Swear to god. I should still have the messages on my Facebook from our conversation.

Here's a pic of his reply to me on Facebook: http://i.imgur.com/MH5ath0.png

I asked him if he could tell me anything about Witches And Other Night Fears, and I also brought up the "demo that shall not be named" as well. Looking back on it, it's hard to tell if he's being completely serious about not knowing what WAONF is, but he talks about the other one with no problem, so I don't see why he would want to hide anything in particular about WAONF - unless these deluxe editions were already starting to be planned around that time and that was supposed to be the big surprise about them, but I guess that would mean they aren't planning to use any songs from that "other demo". I don't know, I just hope they release the information on these damn things very soon.

its exist!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8hOK890b8

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
Very interesting video. I'm intrigued by this supposed "2nd EP". As well as the fact that Slippery When Dead was supposed to be an EP, NOT RR.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »
yeah very interesting video, but when they did Withces and other night fears on four track machine and Ville still has master tapes, that should be still good to be released , with the 4 track stuff they probably did vocals, bass , drums and guitar on the one track , that should be easily mixed, remastered , who cares about the quality its analog , still beats the CD nevermind it sounds like a garage recording, WE WANT IT!

Offline Jay

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »
Nice video!

Can you imagine somebody finding Mige's lost copy, listening to it and not knowing what it was, just tossing it in the garbage?

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »
Nice video!

Can you imagine somebody finding Mige's lost copy, listening to it and not knowing what it was, just tossing it in the garbage?

exactly what i thought!

but thats just show how much they care about this tape...  also Ville said "its in my house somewhere... i think soo"

SwagSaget

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 03:48:04 AM »
Can the band please go back to a major label again so that it will actually seem like they still exist? The publicity and promotion of them has absolutely been terrible since their comeback, and it sucks as a fan. The damn website is still just a plain picture with tour dates for Christ's sake. It's disappointing. They should be hyping up these deluxe editions, at least giving us a sneak peek of them or the track listings or something to get excited for. They're just gonna drop them randomly instead and then wonder why they didn't sell good at all and then we'll just get fewer things like it in the future because they'll figure fans aren't interested. You know HIM fans are dedicated when things have been like they are and they're still selling out shows, but they could do more to stay in the public eye without spending a lot of money which this new label doesn't have. The regular digital editions just came out of nowhere, and not that those should sell good anyways, but it's just poor planning and poor execution and I think the band deserves much better. I know they didn't wanna deal with a major label again, but they could've chosen a better one than this shitty one they're at now. Get that damn website fully up and running, have a message board on there so we can have a community again that's not on Facebook, and treat the band like they should be treated because they aren't some random metalcore band trying to make it big in the business. They've already been there and down that. They're towards the end of their careers sadly, but there's no excuse for not having a real functioning website after all this time when it was being worked on at least a couple of years ago. God damn lol. I want my band back, not this shell of their former selves with a shitty label at the helm. As big as they still are, although unsuspecting eyes wouldn't be able to tell by the bare looks of everything unless you dig deep, they could be even bigger.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2014, 04:24:56 AM »
Can the band please go back to a major label again so that it will actually seem like they still exist? The publicity and promotion of them has absolutely been terrible since their comeback, and it sucks as a fan. The damn website is still just a plain picture with tour dates for Christ's sake. It's disappointing. They should be hyping up these deluxe editions, at least giving us a sneak peek of them or the track listings or something to get excited for. They're just gonna drop them randomly instead and then wonder why they didn't sell good at all and then we'll just get fewer things like it in the future because they'll figure fans aren't interested. You know HIM fans are dedicated when things have been like they are and they're still selling out shows, but they could do more to stay in the public eye without spending a lot of money which this new label doesn't have. The regular digital editions just came out of nowhere, and not that those should sell good anyways, but it's just poor planning and poor execution and I think the band deserves much better. I know they didn't wanna deal with a major label again, but they could've chosen a better one than this shitty one they're at now. Get that damn website fully up and running, have a message board on there so we can have a community again that's not on Facebook, and treat the band like they should be treated because they aren't some random metalcore band trying to make it big in the business. They've already been there and down that. They're towards the end of their careers sadly, but there's no excuse for not having a real functioning website after all this time when it was being worked on at least a couple of years ago. God damn lol. I want my band back, not this shell of their former selves with a shitty label at the helm. As big as they still are, although unsuspecting eyes wouldn't be able to tell by the bare looks of everything unless you dig deep, they could be even bigger.

That's a pretty good point you've raised, you'd think out of common sense that the return of HIM would have had a lot more hype. I remember when they were teasing us before the release of TOT with the clock on heartagram.com, and I remember thinking to myself "This comeback is going to be huge". But I've given up with checking that website now, it's pretty poor. As for the reissues, they should definitely promote them, because you're right in saying they probably won't get a lot of sales. With HIM communities, it would be nice to have a heartagram.com forum like there was a couple of years back, but i think fan made forums such as this one are best, because this forum is full of dedicated him fans, instead of women fantasising over Ville and all that stuff.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
Does anyone have any vague idea when these are being released other than "Summer"?

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »
I'm getting impatient myself. But summer doesn't officially start til when, June? So it could be a few more weeks before we hear something.  :(