Author Topic: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer  (Read 85340 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:37:13 PM »
http://theendrecords.com/legendary-finnish-rockers-him-set-to-embark-on-national-us-tour-digital-reissues-of-iconic-early-catalog-out-now-via-the-end-records/

Quote from Ville: "We feel truly blessed to have our sonic offspring being given a new lease of life in the U.S. by The End Records, the home for many of our aural idols, both old and new," said HIM frontman Ville Valo in a statement.

"For the past months, the infamous 'Love Metal' archives have been extensively scoured by us for rare, exclusive and downright scary musical nuggets for an experience in Finnish melancholy like no other, so please consider yourself warned…"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/him-early-catalog-digitally-reissued-in-u-s-via-the-end-records/#tRcelyo4ee1fz0dc.99

The End put out digital reissues this week of GLS, RR, DSBH and Love Metal, and interestingly DSBH and Love Metal are the digipak editions with bonus tracks. As far as I know, these tracks haven't been made available digitally in the US until now. What excites me is that deluxe editions of the albums will be out in the summer in multiple configurations. Maybe some nice double disc sets with new extras? Or new vinyls?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:50:31 PM by Daedalus »
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline JulienVlad

Re: The End Records - Deluxe Edition reissues coming this summer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:18:23 AM »
sweeet news

Offline Jay

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
It'd be nice to have some new b-sides added.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:05 AM »
I'm excited about these - will definitely be making sure I have cash on hand to order right away. Still kicking myself in the behind for not ordering the Tears on Tape set that was released with the shirts, cream and clear vinyl, etc. etc.  It sold out before payday dammit. 

Offline regularwill

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
I'm excited about these - will definitely be making sure I have cash on hand to order right away. Still kicking myself in the behind for not ordering the Tears on Tape set that was released with the shirts, cream and clear vinyl, etc. etc.  It sold out before payday dammit.
The only things I couldn't get were the cream and clear vinyl. I did get the metal hammer limited edition book and the one with the Finnovox recordings. Didn't get the shirt though. Instead I went with the hoodie. Love that thing!

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
is this only digital reissue or jewel case CD too? its says digital, but why reissue in digital when its yet available in digital format ?
i am kinda confused of the point of this, or just the new label got finally rights to release it so thats the whole thing?
there will be nothing new on the albums , or?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
It's digital and physical, but digital only at the moment. The discs come later this summer.  Basically, the end got the rights to the US releases so they are rereleasing everything.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
thank you for info!

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 03:43:39 PM »
i want some raw mixs from ToT (I will be the end of you for example)... or some really old unreleased stuff :P

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »
we all do, but nothing like this will be released so ..... :(

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »
i want some raw mixs from ToT (I will be the end of you for example)... or some really old unreleased stuff :P

It won't happen unfortunately the best we could hope for is maybe some of the original bonus tracks, Ville will never let any demos be released officially.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

SwagSaget

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
What Ville said about scouring the love metal archives for material for these deluxe editions leads me to believe there's gonna be some good stuff put on them, including demos. It'll probably be kind of an Uneasy Listening sort of thing, where some of the stuff has already been released and some of it hasn't. Either way, I have high hopes for these. I hope they come out with the news about the tracklistings soon. Greatest Lovesongs interests me the most right now, just because I'm not sure what they would actually include on it that hasn't been released yet, but I'd like to hear more Love Metal demos too. I think they're gonna be awesome.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
I could see them using a lot of live recordings for the GLS release. Maybe even throwing the 666 WTL tracks on there.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »
i think there will be at least one new song or unreleased track.... the history says they always do it...

And Love Said No Best of -  ALSN song + Its all Tears Mix
XX - Strange World...

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »
i think there will be at least one new song or unreleased track.... the history says they always do it...

XX - Strange World...

That's a good point, let's hope for a new track.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 03:54:48 AM »

XX - Strange World...
Don't forget Solitary Man!

SwagSaget

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
I think the majority of the bonus stuff, if not all of it, will never have been released officially before, even though we may already have the stuff through other means. Greatest Lovesongs and Razorblade Romance will mostly be made up of live tracks. Probably just left over stuff that wasn't used on Love Metal Archives. I could see them using the re-recording of When Love And Death Embrace for Razorblade Romance, though, since we were supposed to already get that on And Love Said No. I doubt the band still remembers that, but I still see it as a possibility. Once we get into Deep Shadows and Love Metal, that's where we'll get a demo or a few. Ville seems less uptight about those demos, as evidenced by Uneasy Listening. Besides that, I'm sure there will be one or two more surprises that make us almost shit our pants. I just get the feeling that these are going to be something along the lines of what we've been wanting as far as a box set of unreleased material goes, just in the form of four separate album releases. We all know how weird Ville is with this stuff, and he probably thought doing four separate deluxe album editions would sell better than a "Vol. 1" box set, if you will, spanning the first four albums. The original concept of Two Decades Of Love Metal was a rarities compilation, right? I see these deluxe editions as basically what that would've been, but just for the first four albums for now. So, besides looking forward to these, hopefully we'll have the other half of albums to look forward to sometime in the future.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
they should do it as the Ramones did with old albums when they were re-released, loaded with previously unreleased songs and demos.
I only want it to be in jewel case box, not just digital release because that sucks, i want to hold it in my hand with the booklet and everything.

SwagSaget

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »
I think it would be cool if they did a nice box set for these, kind of like what The 69 Eyes did with Goth N' Roll, with a nice sized booklet with artwork, photographs, and details and information chronicling the years from Greatest Lovesongs to Love Metal. Stuff about the making of the albums, and the tours that followed them and whatnot. Kind of like a mini Synnin Viemaa, I guess, but more of a scrapbook/journal type thing than an actual biography. That would be badass. I don't know if these are something they're planning on going all out on like that, though. I think they're more of a quick cash grab than anything else, but I don't mean that in a bad way. The newer fans who don't actually own the albums yet will be able to easily go into a store and pick them up, and the older fans will have a reason to get them as well with the bonus tracks that are on them. I still think the bonuses will be worth it, though. They have to be if they expect those that already own the albums to go out and purchase yet another edition of them. I'm guessing there will be vinyls, though, and that'll satisfy a lot of people. This is going to be the Tears On Tape release all over again - too much shit to buy and not enough money.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
I think it would be cool if they did a nice box set for these, kind of like what The 69 Eyes did with Goth N' Roll, with a nice sized booklet with artwork, photographs, and details and information chronicling the years from Greatest Lovesongs to Love Metal. Stuff about the making of the albums, and the tours that followed them and whatnot. Kind of like a mini Synnin Viemaa, I guess, but more of a scrapbook/journal type thing than an actual biography. That would be badass. I don't know if these are something they're planning on going all out on like that, though. I think they're more of a quick cash grab than anything else, but I don't mean that in a bad way. The newer fans who don't actually own the albums yet will be able to easily go into a store and pick them up, and the older fans will have a reason to get them as well with the bonus tracks that are on them. I still think the bonuses will be worth it, though. They have to be if they expect those that already own the albums to go out and purchase yet another edition of them. I'm guessing there will be vinyls, though, and that'll satisfy a lot of people. This is going to be the Tears On Tape release all over again - too much shit to buy and not enough money.
exactly. Collectors will buy it anyway , twice  ;D And if they want to add some bonuses, the better for us. I hope for some really cool and rare stuff, Ville said they scoured through their stuff, so i hope they will put something off the DSBH stuff, its pretty known that they wanted this album to be different than it was , but the label forced them to do it other way
i cant imagine what will be on it, but if there will be at least one song on every album that we dont have yet i will be pleased and it will be WORTH buying. Inrofmations , artwork and stuff in the booklet would be like Christmas morning LOL at least for me, booklets are like a fetish for me  ;D
The only thing i am really afraid is that it will be only Album + bonuses that were already released on deluxe versions (like Loves requiem) and some live recording like they filled uneasy listening with Turku live songs, nothing against it i LOVE live HIM recordings, but putting it on albums with demos is not the greatest idea.

SwagSaget

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, because I know I won't be fully happy no matter what happens because that's just the way I am when it comes to this band, I'm way too passionate, but there's so much good stuff they could use for these and I know there's gonna be things left off that I really wanna hear. When Ville says rare, it worries me that songs that have already been released on older and harder to find CDs are gonna be put on these and take up precious spots that never before released stuff could be occupying. I think that's inevitable, but as long as there's a good chunk of material that hasn't been put out yet on them, they will certainly be better than nothing. I hope they end up releasing the info soon, because the more time that goes by, the more I think about all the possibilities of what could be included, and I get really excited.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 03:51:13 AM »
exact, "rare" in the promotional sense, is alot different than "rare" to fans like us that have been following and collecting the band's catalog for a decade +

It's going to be hard to beat having the studio version of 'Rescue'. I still get excited to this day when that comes on
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 04:02:30 AM »
I just hope there's actual new stuff...not just the singles b-sides added to the albums.

Offline Len777

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 08:00:56 AM »
I just saw on www.heartagram.com/the_end that the new special editions will actually be titled The Special Miltos editions  including a certified by Miltos sticker.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:10 AM »
LOL, yeah Miltos edition is always great :-D