Author Topic: 2014 TOUR  (Read 49085 times)

SwagSaget

Re: 2014 TOUR
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
You're probably right, Len. Unfortunately. I know this for sure, though - they won't be getting ANY money from me this time around unless there's some new music on them that I want to hear. I encourage everyone else to stay away from them too if they don't contain any unreleased material. The vinyls might be tempting to some if you don't already have them because you can get them cheaper this way, but fuck vinyls lol. They'll probably still sell decent regardless, at least by modern day HIM standards, because fangirls will be fangirls and there's still enough people that jump on everything the band releases just to have it all (like how I used to be) but I implore everyone to only make the purchase if the purchase is actually justified. Even with the shitty new label and their lack of promotional efforts, I just think there would be much more hype for these if they were going to be the way that we want them to be. It feels like it's been forever since the digital versions came out of nowhere and they announced the physical versions for the Summer along with them. The fact that everything still remains a mystery with these leads me to believe that they're just going to be a way for new fans to be able to go to the store and get a physical copy of the albums like back in the day with the Universal US releases (except with bonus tracks that are already on other discs this time around) as opposed to downloading them from iTunes or Amazon or whatever. It's fucking disappointing.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2014, 04:55:26 AM »
why dont we write a letter about all this and send it to Gas from the name of all?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2014, 05:20:17 PM »
i think he got plenty of messages of this kind
its sad, i dont understand why they are so changed, it is like they were doing it (mostly i am talking about gigs) just for money and not for the fans, or at least i feel it this way, i am taking it as they were not giving a shit about fans at all (setlist, no website, lousy communication, terrible interaction during the concert between the songs with the audience)
but what grinds my gears the most is their setlist, its the overplayed song too from my side, i am bitching all the time, but i cant help it, they can play like from CD with no mistakes in songs and with the best brilliant splendid sound and lights show and projection and whatever but i still consider their current setlist as their most terrible and most static, boring and overplayed, its just too much for me, over and over the same songs, 90% of their discography songs are retired for good i fear
I think nowadays its pointless to follow them on tour and attending more than one show, they are all exactly the same, so if you saw one concert, you know how it will look like for the rest of the tour, unfortunately they changed it only a little from last year - yeah they already retired "I Will be the end of you" or "Hearts at war" and added OVERPLAYED Poison Girl :-D At least they did "No Love" once on festival.... and after that one time they probably retired it too

what else should i say? i dont know its a huge BURN from them and i think we dont deserve that

but i sometimes hear how amazing their setlist is and how excellent they are at the moment, so everyone just has a different opinion and i respect that, for me their best was 2004 altough i love all Dark Light live era and pre - RR Era from 1998

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:22:42 PM by 616 »

SwagSaget

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
I've spoken to Gas privately on Facebook before. I told him exactly what we want and why we want it so bad. He knows. The rest of the band knows. I'm also always leaving comments on his Facebook page about the setlist and things like that - asking him if they're going to change it this time around, telling him how it needs to be changed after they end up not modifying it, letting him know that we all enjoyed the one new song they finally added randomly, asking him why they already dropped the new song they just added...lol...the list just goes on and on. My comments are usually lost in the shuffle of a hundred 14 year old Spanish girls wanting an almost 40 year old man named Ville Valo to know that they love him and that the music he creates is just background noise to cause their thoughts to wander about making out with him or some shit. I usually end up with a few likes at the end of the day, but there's no way we can fight against those types of people anymore. They outnumber us by way too many now. It was easy and fun back in the day to send a "fan" like that packing if they starting talking about anything other than the music, but you'd be in the minority now if you're talking about anything other than how much you love Ville.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 02:46:12 AM »
i would say that Gas loves to play any song on the concert, look on some videos and you will see his passion , he is a man! i would say that the setlist is mainly Ville´s work and the rest just play it , thats my opinion because i dont see any point on Burton making this setlist where he is almost unused on keyboards.....
but Ville has no social media stuff, i bet he has a cellphone as he always said he hates it and he doesnt know how to use it :-D last time i saw some interview where he explain that he needs no facebook and stuff like that because he is with his friends daily and he doesnt need to chat with them online
what about sending him a letter :-D i mean the old school paper letter, we know his adress in Helsinki :-D if we signed it under one name an explained how we old fans feel about the situation ? but i am afraid that he is getting hundreds of letters from all the girls that love him and want him
Or lets contact HIM Norway guys, they did few interviews with them, maybe they will attend some of the upcoming concerts, maybe they could ask about some things personally ?

since that i got reply from italian guys from rockTV? or what it was, the guys who did recordings on HIM concert in Milan, Alcatraz 2013 - remember? ALl Lips Go Blue and Wings of a butterfly - pro , they also did an interview where Buried alive by love parts took a place, so i asked them about if they recorded "I will be the end of you" and after some time i finally got the response few days ago , they told me they were authorised to record just 3 songs - BABL, Wings and ALL LIPS , they uploaded just two because BABL is full of mistakes, i asked them if they somehow managed to record I will be the end of you but no positive response, as i was told, HIM´s tour manager gave them permission to record just these 3 songs, i doubt they will upload at least BABL  too

btw guys ,do you remember them to perform in JBTV in Chicago? What hapenned ? i am checking it sometimes and there are still no uploads from HIM performance, all the rest unknown bands for me have their videos uploaded from JBTV. I wonder if HIM´s tour manager also is behind that they still didnt upload any of HIM video from the performance - i dont even know what was the setlist on this
Cory you are from Chicago right? i bet you can send them a message and ask them in JBTV?

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
Two new videos - pro-shots from Poolbar Festival.

Where the lost are safe until they love again...

SwagSaget

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
616, I'll send out a message on Facebook to them and see if I get any response. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2014, 03:45:24 AM »
616, I'll send out a message on Facebook to them and see if I get any response. Seems like the easiest way to do it.
excellent, thank you, let us know if you get any reply

SwagSaget

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »
excellent, thank you, let us know if you get any reply

This website is moving slow as hell all of a sudden today.

But anyways, it shows on Facebook that someone read my message around three hours ago, but they never replied to it. All I said was that I'm a huge HIM fan, and I was wondering what happened to the footage of the performance at the studios from earlier this year, if it's still in the plans to release it or if something went wrong with it. If they're not at liberty to say anything about it, they could at least tell me that. It's not like I'm going to magically forget that they recorded a short set there and that we were supposed to be able to watch it online afterwards. There's no need to be all "hush hush" about it. If the footage turned out shitty, that's ok. If it didn't turn out shitty, but they just decided not to release it for the hell of it, that's ok too. Let the fans know, though.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2014, 05:57:52 AM »
its all weird what is going on around HIM since they signed the new label
i dont need to talk about how i consider their advertisemend lousy and bad , counting on facebook .....
i hope you will get reply soon Cory, you did a great job ,thank you
and i love your attitude

SwagSaget

« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2014, 07:45:49 PM »
Still no response. I'm tempted to send another message, but I don't want to come off as an annoying asshole, even though I can be. I think it would be better if a few other people sent messages as well. If they ignore all of us, then they're the assholes. Maybe they didn't know that Facebook shows you when your sent messages have been read, so I can clearly see that someone took the time to look at it but not the time to say anything back. Any answer would've been better than nothing. At least The End Records emailed me back when I asked for more information on the deluxe re-issues months ago, even though their answer was the typical “more information will be released later” kind of crap. I was honestly surprised, though, although I'm sure very few people email them and they probably get all excited when they see one. If only they could do a better job with pretty much everything else. They might go from a shitty label to just a below average label if they tried harder.

Offline laura88

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »
I'm using google translate and it looks like we might get a live stream for tomorrow's show in Lithuania.

All festival concerts will be broadcast live for the first time in "Five TV to viewers who were not able to come to KARKLAS propose the most famous performers, direct interviews with musicians, actors and festival showcasing all of the most interesting" Karkle Live Music Beach backstage.
Live broadcast will be available at the sites and scena.lt delfi.tv since August 14 th day.

http://scena.lt/

I have to work tomorrow, maybe someone here can rip it, please.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »
I was able to record the karkle live stream (only audio because when filming the screen it goes very very laggy) but i got ill and my stomach hurt so much that i couldn't do anything :(

I do not know if this is worth posting thing, but I was so annoyed and tired.
Very strange, sorry :-\ :P

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:36 AM »
This has been ripped successfully by a few people (including me) and will be posted later in the media section I guess. :)
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
of course it will be posted in media very soon
only few edit works needed and then it will be there
i captured both audio stream separately and the video stream separately

we need to edit the audio because it was at first very low and they turned it up furing the second half of the performance

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:21 AM »
 Ok, its already on youtube in saintscreamofficial's channel :P

Offline laura88

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
I watched the St Scream rip on youtube this morning, it's pretty good.
Wish I could have watched it live.

SwagSaget

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
I wish they would've played No Love or at least something else different so we'd have a high quality version of something like that.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2014, 12:39:15 AM »
Hopefully they change the setlist a little its basically just the same as its been of course they'll probably play something rare at helldone of course since I cant go :( I am happy I got to hear for you though
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
LOVE METAL ARCHIVES TOUR ANNOUNCED

12/09 WEBSTER HALL, NEW YORK
12/10 HOUSE OF BLUES, BOSTON, MA
12/11 STARLAND BALLROOM, SAYREVILLE, NJ
12/12 THE FILLMORE, SILVER SPRING, MD
12/16 THE WILTERN, LOS ANGELES, CA
12/17 MARQUEE THEATRE, TEMPE, AZ
12/18 HOUSE OF BLUES, SAN DIEGO, CA
12/19 HOUSE OF BLUES, LAS VEGAS, NV

8 shows is ridiculous to call a tour... they better add more dates.  The name of this tour sounds so fucking good.   I'm pissed they could have at least came back to the Cleveland house of blues since it seems like they will never play in Pittsburgh again.   I'm more interested in seeing this than ordering this Die-hard fan bundle.   It looks like I'm going to have to start saving up to possibly go to Silver Springs, MD for this one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:11:58 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
I'm not going to read into the tour title at all. Considering they play greatest hits anyways, I don't expect what they are promoting to change the set more than 1 or 2 songs.

In a perfect world they would only play GLS>LM material.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
hope all you US heads went to http://www.applauze.com/tours/him and got your waaaay cheaper presale tickets today
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »

In a perfect world they would only play GLS>LM material.
EXACTLY!!!!  but i cant imagine their setlist without Rip out the wings of a butterfly or VD songs, but they should do more of these oldies - DSBH MOSTLY! as its the most ignored album by the band :-D they titled reissues as Lashes to ashes, so the could play Heartache every moment. I remember i was hoping for this song to be performed in Bratislava back in 2005 when i saw they did it few times in 2005 before and i was so sad when they skipped this one :(

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
I'm just pissed they aren't coming to Texas again. Any time they do these short tours they skip us, WTF.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
Is anyone else from Europe a little annoyed that we haven't got any dates on this tour and probably won't until the new album comes out in maybe 2016, I know it's a US release but they could of done a couple of European shows.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23