Author Topic: 2014 TOUR  (Read 49017 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: 2014 TOUR
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
and just a small add, its not 2014 live, but its 2013 (Milan, Alcatraz)

SwagSaget

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
Anyone seen the latest setlist? I forgot they were even playing today. I'm about to go on a search for it. Crazy how hard it is now to find credible setlists compared to how it used to be. Most are wrong. People are always getting songs confused and mixed up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:43:25 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2014, 03:01:08 AM »
LOL they performed Wicked Game obviously -

but check the Mige´s T-shirt, its from Rock Pop festival 2002 Festival in SLOVAKIA (my country) , LOL with the beer brand on the front
amazing to see him wearing the festival shirt where they performed 12 years ago

nice solo in the wicked game

SwagSaget

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
The start of that jam was pretty rad. They've actually all been pretty good lately, the ones I've listened to at least. They need to start incorporating some of that stuff into their actual songs. Why doesn't Ville just smoke on stage, though? At most places in the US, he can't, so I understand the cigarette breaks there, but it seems like smoking on stage at this festival would've been fine, but of course I don't actually know that for sure as a fact. Either way, I wonder if the band ever gets annoyed by it sometimes. The jams are probably pretty refreshing for the most part for the band after playing the same songs over and over again for years, but the purpose of it seems like it might get annoying to them every once in awhile to have to do it for that particular reason.

Any changes to the setlist at all? That's probably a really silly question. I was gonna track down the setlist last night, but then I realized I really have no idea where to look anymore, besides YouTube I guess, and just adding up the songs from there unless someone taped the show in full. I mainly look at that setlist.fm nowadays, but it's always filled with errors. I was going to correct the Chicago show the last time I was on there since that was wrong, but I never got around to it. One day, if I get really bored, I'm gonna go through the entire thing and fix everything. We should all start doing that, just a few shows here and there starting from the oldest and working our way towards the newest.

So far, all I've seen on YouTube is: Buried Alive By Love, Wicked Game, Join Me, Wings Of A Butterfly, and Poison Girl. I watched a bit of BABL. Ville didn't seem into it at all, plus he can't really sing it with conviction anymore like he used to. Just judging by what's been uploaded so far, I'd imagine nothing different or new was played.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:11:45 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2014, 01:57:11 AM »
excellent!  proshot and soundboard! i mean this is what i was waiting for since their comeback

can anyone rip it somehow? ? ?

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
If anybody is afraid of missing it, Moshcam upload all of their recordings to youtube. Just in case anybody is unaware of who moshcam are.

SwagSaget

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
What a way to celebrate America, watch a Finnish band play a concert in Australia. I'll just rip the audio. I'm not too interested in actually watching the band nowadays when it comes to bootlegs, nor was I ever, but now especially with the terrible lack of stage presence since Ville isn't drunk off his ass anymore.

Offline eairthrow

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
I'm fine but I hear those voices at night...

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »
I've had a listen to a couple of the songs and they sound good, I think this is our first full soundboard recording since Rock Am Ring 2010 if I'm not mistaken which is great. Hopefully we can get more of this sort of thing.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

SwagSaget

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
Two things:

1. Was anyone else's video and audio completely out of sync? It was so far off for me that it was actually kind of funny to watch. I made it through the first three songs while I was recording the audio before I started watching Ghost Adventures instead and let the recorder run.

2. Did anyone else think Ville sounded pretty bad? He just can't sing like he used to. It isn't even just songs like Buried Alive By Love anymore, Wings Of A Butterfly and Right Here In My Arms sounded pretty much the same way. When you're there live, he sounds good enough, and if you watch a video on YouTube that someone recorded from a concert, you can't tell a difference really, but when you hear his voice recorded directly like with this concert, it's instantly noticeable and a bit depressing in a way. He hasn't lost it completely yet, but you can hear how much he's straining for certain parts of songs, and for some parts he doesn't even try to hit the notes and just sings in a low voice instead. It's been that way for awhile now, as far as him not being able to sing certain parts or substituting those parts with low parts, but like I said, it's really noticeable with this concert. There's also a lack of emotion and energy from him. I don't know if that's because he doesn't drink or get drunk before and during shows anymore or what, but that energy and emotion is something I miss, even if it was due to alcohol. They all sounded great in Chicago when I saw them, though, so this recording doesn't really do a whole lot of justice with replicating the live experience. While the band does sound tighter than ever, I think, it's almost like they're too rehearsed with the songs they're playing just because they've played them so much. Live music isn't supposed to be perfect, and it's almost like the band is made up of robots playing the exact same thing night after night with no imperfections, and that isn't very entertaining, IMO. Ville's voice directly from the soundboard still bothers me, though. I was all for the band releasing their soundboard recordings somehow, even though I know they will never do something like that, but hearing this concert makes me think twice if I would pay for something like that without something done to fix some things, specifically Ville's voice.

According to a review online, No Love was played at Sonisphere. If that is indeed true, I need to hear that sumbitch.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:15:27 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »

SwagSaget

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2014, 12:09:46 AM »
I liked it. Hopefully a better quality recording comes along, though.

I watched the one from HIM Norway, which I guess is the same one as the link above. They re-uploaded it to their account, which is kinda stupid and unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:14:01 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
after a lot of struggle with my Windows, i finally had some time to listen properly to the Metro, Sydney 2014 concert from moshcam.com

well without mentioning the fact that i was totally bored because of the terrible setlist and the most overplayed songs in it, i have to admit that after maybe hour of thinking i realised that i missed Burton in it, only few moments in the entire performance where you can actually hear burton is making it like Burton was just some support musician to make some backround to the songs
no wonder why Burton looks like he doesnt even want to be on the stage

i hope i wont touch anyone with this, but Ville sounds bad, just listen to the soundboard recording that is the true mirror of the band , he maybe sounds good in the venue in the loudness when you are standing in the crowd and everyone around you is singing, now i am afraid that he is really losing it, he sounds like he was singing through the nose, very very bad habbit- where is his deep beautiful voice?
they should retire Buried Alive By Love - he is not able to sing it anymore, its very bad to listen to it, Right Here In My Arms - very much nose in his singing and voice, very funny and not very good to my ears. All Lips Go Blue - his voice is very shaky - is he so insecure?
When love and death embrace - another very bad voice affected by his nose singning. I could continue repeating myself in different songs, but i rather dont want to.

i agree with Cory to the last word.

if they want to reclaim their excellent live form, they should retire 90% of the setlist , add more songs with the dominant keyboards melodies and parts (at least the Sacrament), they should practice and play the songs that Ville can handle properly and he can hit the tones properly. I am glad that he is sober, but i liked him more when he was wasted on stage, enjoying it and giving everything to the performance. The best years - the end of 2003 and the entire 2004.

its the middle of the summer almost, when they will show us the tracklists of the promised re-issues of the first four albums?
i dont know if their label just sucks so bad, or they dropped the idea of releasing these reissues

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:27:02 PM by 616 »

SwagSaget

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 03:06:45 AM »
I've just about given up all hope with those damn re-issues. I think they're still coming, but I also wouldn't be surprised to never hear another word about them again. I find it funny that Ville's so uncomfortable with releasing demos because they're unfinished products, yet he allows a concert in which he sounds terrible for the most part to get put online. He sounds a million times better in all the demos I've heard, plus those are what fans actually want. I've liked every demo I've ever heard more than the finished version, and I think a lot of fans would say the same. Their demos are fucking great. Now that I'm older and can see through all the bullshit, a lot of the things this band does just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

And yes, I was advocating to hear the recordings the band has been making, but I didn't expect Ville to sound that bad since it's been awhile since we've heard a straight soundboard recording. I've been advocating for demos longer, though, and that's what I truly want. If they cancel these re-issues, or even if they just suck and have nothing good on them, I'll be pissed as a longtime fan that thinks other longtime fans should get something they've been wanting desperately and something they deserve for always supporting the band and doing it in such a big way for years now. The band already forgets about us when they make their tour setlists. They need to make up for it somehow if they want to keep us around. That is, if they even care about us anymore.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:21:26 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
They don't care about us anymore.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline marta30

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
They don't care about us anymore.

Certainly appears to be the case.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »
How can you guys give up so easily? It's been projected to come out around September and we're not even near that yet, but everyone is already losing hope. Could it be promoted better? Sure, but ToT wasn't even promoted that great and it seemed like it was released as soon as it was announced... There were only a few months that we had to wait for it before it released. We first hear about this in March in which they said "SUMMER"... It hasn't been long at all and we're only halfway into summer.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline marta30

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »
How can you guys give up so easily? It's been projected to come out around September and we're not even near that yet, but everyone is already losing hope. Could it be promoted better? Sure, but ToT wasn't even promoted that great and it seemed like it was released as soon as it was announced... There were only a few months that we had to wait for it before it released. We first hear about this in March in which they said "SUMMER"... It hasn't been long at all and we're only halfway into summer.

Good point, we do still have quite a bit of summer left...I don't really doubt that they will be released, but I'll just be very surprised if the reissues include any "interesting" bonus material.

Offline Lujja

• Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 09:32:19 PM »
It will be released in Autumn ;)

Patience!

Btw, The End Records are making the "official" playlist of the first albums on youtube and there are a "Omega Order" icon that was shown up a message as "coming soon" (and then they added a link with some HIM stuff).

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »
The official playlists are a great idea. While I'll never listen to my HIM albums via that method, it's nice that there is a high quality way through the label to hear the tunes.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

SwagSaget

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »
It seems like they're gearing up for SOMETHING now, which is good. God forbid they spend any money to let people know about these, though. I just wanna see some tracklists. That's all I really care about right now. They could give the tracklists and say "coming in 2015" and I would be ok with that. I just wanna know what we're getting at this point. I'm still not holding my breath that these will be any good, though. Ever since that remix album came out and the band left Warner Bros., things have been a disappointment, in my opinion. I know not everyone feels the same. I can't even remember the last time I listened to anything on Tears On Tape. I was excited as hell for that album, and I loved it at first because it was finally something new, but now it's just kinda there. I don't love it. I don't hate it. I just don't ever listen to it. I don't wanna get too excited for these re-issues and then be let down again, especially when they could contain songs I've always wanted, as well as other songs I never even knew existed but could be just as fucking awesome. It seems like the band's way of catering to us nowadays is to give us the option of buying whatever it is in a vinyl format. That's our prize. I have several HIM vinyls, and I don't even own a record player. I have them just to have them, basically. They're cool in a way, but like the Tears On Tape vinyl for example, it's just the same damn thing as what's on the CD. It isn't mastered differently, or it doesn't sound different or anything like that. It's the CD version put onto a vinyl. The only different version of Tears On Tape there is, is the Mastered For iTunes version, which is only a bit better than everything else, but not better enough that you're gonna notice the difference and want to go on iTunes and get it if you don't already have it.

SwagSaget

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
Did they seriously already drop No Love? What the hell is with this band? They might as well just play Wings Of A Butterfly sixteen times and call it a night. :P  I hate it when they play a new or different song once (or a few times at the very most at something like Helldone) that would be a welcomed addition to the stale setlist, and then they just stop playing it. They do it way too often nowadays. It's especially bad when they play something right before they head over here to the US, and then we don't get it once they're here. That's not the case now, obviously, but it's been like that many times before.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:10:48 PM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
its a shame!
terrible, i have no words, its nice that they did 18 songs on one festival performance, BUT they did JUST THE SAME OVERPLAYED shitty songs that i cant even listen anymore

Offline Len777

« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
Since you all have been talking about this in this topic if like to chirp in, if I may. About the re-release of the first four albums and the supposed "b-sides". I was pretty hopeful that they would be releasing a bunch of cool b-sides but with this new evidence I've come to the notion that we will once again be fucked as always and I hope they surprise me but I doubt we're going to get anything good on these now, now for my theory. I had recently joined spotify premium and when I started saving all the HIM catalog and love said no was available with the two bonus tracks "And Love Said No" and "Solitary Man" this past week or so I noticed that those two songs have been removed from spotify (still listed in the album but unavailable for playing or streaming.) so I liked up why songs become unavailable on iTunes or Spotify because and love said no has been missing from iTunes for quite some time now as well, and every search result in some way or another has said because spotify or iTunes had been requested by the rights holders of the music for them to be taken down. So my guess is they had them taken down so they can re-release them as "b-sides"with these new delux versions of the first four albums. So were looking at probably the bonus songs from the singles box set, alsn and sm as our "b-sides folks. I know this is just an assumption right now but I have a bad feeling.