Author Topic: 2014 TOUR  (Read 49030 times)

SwagSaget

Re: 2014 TOUR
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »
I knew I wasn't going crazy when I couldn't remember them playing It's All Tears in Chicago! :) I'd much rather have Into The Night instead. I hadn't heard that one live in person yet until that point. It wouldn't be my first choice, obviously, but it'll do.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
actually when i heard Into the night in Prague 2013 it was the best part of the concert so far, my GF also said that this was the best moment and the best song in their setlist (and she is not a HIM fan!) and i agree, i dunno why, but this song is pretty powerful after all.

but its just kinda surprising for me that they retired Its All Tears, if there was something that i was sure they will retire after Helldone i was sure that it will be Sleepwalking Past Hope, Death Is In Love With Us, In Joy And Sorrow and For You. I was sure they will keep Poison Girl in their setlist because its kinda classic song and Ville prefers this one , but its the same what i thought about Its All Tears, thats why i am surprised
its like they retired the Funeral of hearts you know, kinda surprising for me. Maybe we will see some other surprise, maybe they will finally retire BABL or Soul On Fire, that would be fantastic if they replaced these two for Death Is In Love With Us and In Joy And Sorrow, or The Sacrament. I remember Bratislava 2005 concert - the best moment - The Sacrament encore song, i was pretty excited when i heard Razorblade Kiss in this pure fucking energic atmosphere (they looked pretty moody and tired but they were strong and Ville was smoking one after another-they looked amazing on stage, cool as fuck) in 2005 and In Joy And Sorrow, but when they came back on the stage and performed The Sacrament as their encore, it was like losing my virginity even stronger, that was just fucking perfect i wish they brought this amazing piece of Love Metal back to the setlist where it belongs

SwagSaget

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »
I thought for sure they were going to whip out In Joy And Sorrow in Chicago when I read they played a snippet of it before When Love And Death Embrace the concert before in San Francisco. I had no idea they were going to stop playing It's All Tears, though. I think it's definitely time to retire the song, but it was a surprise to me as well. It's actually one of my least favorite HIM songs, so I didn't mind it one bit. I agree with you on Into The Night. It's not a song I thought I would enjoy hearing live as much as I did, but it sounded pretty damn good when I was there. The band as a whole sounded the tightest I had ever heard them before. It helped to make up for the bland setlist, but there's still a ton of changes to it I wish they would make. If only they had kept Death Is In Love With Us and In Joy And Sorrow, it would've been a step in the right direction. My dream setlist is nowhere near realistic, as far as what the band would actually consider doing, but a few of the right changes here and there could go a long way. Bring back I Will Be The End Of You and Strange World too. The setlist would look something like this:

1. Buried Alive By Love
2. Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly
3. Right Here In My Arms
4. Strange World
5. All Lips Go Blue
6. Join Me In Death
7. Your Sweet 666
8. I Will Be The End Of You
9. In Joy And Sorrow
10. Wicked Game
11. Tears On Tape
12. Poison Girl
13. For You
14. The Funeral Of Hearts/Into The Night (they can alternate what they close with on different nights to keep things a little more fresh)

Encore:
15. Death Is In Love With Us
16. When Love And Death Embrace

Something like that, I think, is much better as well entirely plausible given I only used songs they've been playing since their comeback. If I had it my way, the whole thing would look entirely different, but this way it keeps the main hits that the newer and more casual fans wanna hear, but caters pretty evenly to fans like us as well who wanna hear more older and lesser played material.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
I heard they played its all tears tonight or last night
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

SwagSaget

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »
We can only hope they didn't lol. Nah, but it is time to retire a few songs, and that would definitely be one of them. Guess they're just alternating between playing that and Into The Night perhaps, but they'd be better off to give it a rest for a while so something else can take the place of it for now. I'm normally right on top of setlists whenever there's a tour, but I've been behind on this one so far. That setlist.fm website has the wrong setlist for the Chicago show, so I don't really trust it too much. I know it's all just user submitted stuff and anyone can make an account and post/edit them on there, but I'm too lazy to correct it.

I just remembered, tonight was the second show in New York, right? If they took it out the first night, maybe they put it back in just to change things up a little bit so it wouldn't be the exact same setlist. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the 18th.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:02:07 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:48 AM »
yeah, setlist.fm  is not 100% truth , there are bullshits on their setlist, for example Heaven tonight - they never performed this one, and it is listed like performed 2 times in 2000, bullshit, they never performed it.

but they did Its All Tears last night in the second NYC show, there is a video on the youtube from it.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »
yeah, setlist.fm  is not 100% truth , there are bullshits on their setlist, for example Heaven tonight - they never performed this one, and it is listed like performed 2 times in 2000, bullshit, they never performed it.

but they did Its All Tears last night in the second NYC show, there is a video on the youtube from it.

yeah it says they played ode to solitude and and love said no yeah right :P

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
and Razorblade Kiss too  LOL , probably some new HIM fans still doesnt know the songs correctly, or misslabeled them ?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
just for you all, there is a full bootleg from the second NYC Irving Plaza (3-16-2014) show available on dime

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »
just for you all, there is a full bootleg from the second NYC Irving Plaza (3-16-2014) show available on dime
  any chance you can upload it?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2014, 05:06:34 AM »
If there is anyone reading it who recorded NYC Irving Plaza - 1st show - 3.14.2014 (audio bootleg) - please contact me or us here on the forum !!!
thanks!

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »
Just got home from a week long birthday celebration and HIM-fest! I saw the Atlanta, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale shows- did record the entire Atlanta show but will have to check and see how it turned out. Tried recording a few songs at the Fort Lauderdale show on my new iPhone and once I figure out that too I will share with you all. 

They played the exact same set list all 3 nights but I thoroughly enjoyed it - they guys really seemed like they were having a great time on stage.  They sounded amazing and I'm already having withdrawals! 

Here is the list of songs they played, same as the other shows I believe:

Buried Alive By Love
Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly
Right Here In My Arms
Kiss of Dawn
All Lips Go Blue
Join Me In Death
Your Sweet 666
Passion's Killing Floor
Soul on Fire
Wicked Game
Tears On Tape
Poison Girl
For You
The Funeral Of Hearts
Into the Night
When Love And Death Embrace

SwagSaget

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2014, 12:51:15 PM »
I've always wanted to do a little road trip to multiple shows like that, but it hasn't happened yet. Glad to see you had fun. Happy birthday, by the way. What did you use to record the Atlanta show?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Happy birthday Jeanette !
can you share Atlanta show with us?

SwagSaget

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »
You should upload it to Dime A Dozen so myself and others can download it. No media section access on this account. Speaking of that, there is a flaw that you mods should check out pertaining to the media section. I made a topic about it.

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2014, 06:16:34 PM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I don't mind sharing what I captured at all- just can't guarantee what quality it will be. I do have a really nice dslr camera but I'm always terrified to take it to a concert because it was pretty pricey. I took my little point and shoot camera and also tried some recording from my new iPhone for some songs.  When I get unpacked and situated I'll post what I can.  Since I can't post in the media section (not sure why) just send me a PM and I'll send a link.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:12 AM »
For the HARDCORE fans , here is full Puerto Rico show

Main setlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuXF3O_RwaQ 
Encore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-6rX1viQWI

TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN BEFORE PLAYING THESE VIDEOS!
good luck and have fun

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
It looks like they played the full 3 songs for the first encore (IAT, ITN, WLADE) and did sleepwalking past hope for a second encore in the 3 Mexico shows.  So jealous they didn't do that in the U.S. shows because I missed the venus doom tour and didn't get to hear it live.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:15:44 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

SwagSaget

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
I've never been a fan of Sleepwalking, honestly. After the first half of it, I just get bored. It's cool in its own right, but I think I would like it more if it stopped right at that spot you think it's going to stop before it keeps going. It feels like a completed song at that point to me, and then the rest is just kinda unnecessary.

Kinda random, but it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm bored. I was just browsing around the official Facebook for the band, and never have I felt so out of place as a fan. Sometimes I can't believe I'm such a fan of a band where the majority of their fanbase is young girls. Not like it really matters in the end, but whenever I see something like that I can't help but think how weird it is. I'm glad the band is popular enough to have such a diverse fanbase, but they're the only band I listen to with such young female fans like that. Kinda like a gothic N'Sync. Like I said, it's not a bad thing, I just can't help but notice it because I keep getting older and the girls keep getting younger.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:44:23 AM by SwagSaget »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »
here is the entire Mexico City concert https://www.youtube.com/user/javierisaacsierra/videos

SwagSaget

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Random Bored Fact Of The Day: There is a difference of only five songs between the setlist recorded for Digital Versatile Doom at the end of 2007, and the setlist the band uses today. Three of the songs are Venus Doom songs, which was the album being promoted at that time, and they've been replaced with three Tears On Tape songs, which is the album being promoted now. The other two songs came from Dark Light, and they've been replaced by two songs from Greatest Lovesongs instead. Thinking about it like that just really drives home the point that the setlist today is almost the exact same as the setlist of almost seven years ago.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »
when HIM performs for the first time in Chile, this happens the exact same night - http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/01/world/americas/chile-earthquake/

at least nothing hapenned to our guys

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2014, 02:00:45 AM »
That's crazy!  Just glad they were okay. Very sorry for anyone in the area where the earthquake happened.  Mother Nature is one freaky chick!

Offline Len777

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Anyone know if there is any more to this floating around?

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
Not unless YouRock.TV posts more.