Author Topic: Facebook message response from Gas  (Read 2053 times)

SwagSaget

Facebook message response from Gas
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
In a nutshell, I asked him if there was anything he knew about Witches And Other Night Fears that he could tell me. I also brought up the recent "leakage" of Slippery When Dead, noting that one of the "Holy Grails" has been found and fans are still dying for information on the other. He answered:

"Hello. Nice to hear from you. I see that you are a very devoted fan  I'm afraid that I don't know anything about that demo because like you said I wasn't a member of the band when they made it. I actually even didn't know that it existed  heheh. And one thing is for sure. I can't go and ask Ville ether because he is extremely "allergic" to this subject. He hates it more than anything if any recording part from an finished record goes out in the public. Because the demo's are not finished products in his mind. Slippery When Dead was never ment to go outside of our hands. Because he thinks that it's not ready. and I have to say that that I'm not personally ether happy about that recording. Not because I don't play on it but because all drums are programmed. And that is not our thing because we are a rock band  So I'm sorry I can't help you with this matter I hope that you understand. But the idea of releasing a giant box set of early demos and unreleased material sounds fabulous in my mind. Im going to present the idea to the guys in the future when we are planning on record releases. Thank you so much for resenting this idea to me. Rock on brother."

It doesn't sound like Ville would be too happy if he knew there are people out there that have Slippery When Dead when he doesn't want them to, if he didn't already know or Gas doesn't mention it to him, but it also sounds like he's very adamant about never releasing any of the older demos we all want, so the only way for us to ever hear them is to track them down for ourselves. I can understand where he's coming from, but I also feel like he should put his pride aside for the fans and let them have something they really want. They're demos, so they're not really supposed to be as good as the finished products. Even though Gas said he likes the idea of a box set like that, if Ville is "allergic" to even bringing up the subject of demos, despite the fact we've gotten Uneasy Listening Vol. 1 and 2 and demos released on singles and whatnot, it seems like they must go through his very strict approval first. If a box set does ever happen, it doesn't look like we would get any of the older demos we all yearn for, only demos Ville deems good enough to be released; which certainly won't be anything from Slippery When Dead OR Witches And Other Night Fears. :(

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
Re: Facebook message response from Gas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »
Good detective work!! Thanks for the info. Very cool that Gas actually responded to you

Offline Inferno

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 12:16:18 AM »
I'm glad he responded, but he mentioned things we already knew. I've, a long with many others, known that he's very self-conscience about his music so it's makes sense that we rarely ever see demos. It seems like the only demos he's released are ones that are essentially different versions of a finished product or just a harder version. There's also nothing to say that he was for the idea behind uneasy listening as that seemed to be just a money grab for the record company.

Aside from Too Happy To Be Alive what else has leaked?
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
Very nice respons from Gas!

(...)
Aside from Too Happy To Be Alive what else has leaked?

You're right.

I could only think of incomplete leaks:

-BABL, from CKY4-DVD (later also on Uneasy Listening, but at first it was kind of a leak)
-Scared To Death demo. (If it is real)
-The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness demo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:53:57 PM by Harker »

SwagSaget

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »
You guys know what I'm talking about lol. SWD is out there, you just have to know who to ask and hope they like you enough to give it to you. As far as the three Screamworks demos go, well...let's just say I don't know nothin' 'bout no aliens.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 01:41:35 AM »
Of course it's out there and people have it, but aside from Too Happy To Be Alive nothing has leaked publicly.
[/

Offline Eric_Taylor

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
Thanks for the info!!!

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
So awesome you got a response! Thanks for sharing with us.  I've been teetering on sending him a message but I want to think up something good to say first, ha!

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
It sucks that the band can't release some music without Ville's approval, because it seems that Ville is a little out of touch with his hardcore fanbase. An example is when he opted out of releasing a demo rarities compilation and went instead with releasing the totally unnecessary XX singles collection last fall. It really sucks because some of the HIM demos that have leaked are actually pretty good.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
I prefer a lot of the demos over the actual released version. Begs the question why they changed it.
[/