Author Topic: Would you be upset if Tears On Tape was the last album of NEW material?  (Read 1285 times)

Haddonfield

To be quite honest, I don't think I would. You can tell things are already starting to wind down with the band, and they've accomplished pretty much everything they could accomplish. At this point in time, I'm a lot more interested in hearing old stuff than new stuff. I NEED to hear Witches And Other Night Fears before I die. If news broke tomorrow that the band decided to call it quits and cancelled all of their upcoming tour dates, but will be releasing a giant box set of unreleased material by the end of the year, I would be more excited for that than that I would be if they announced they were already working on a follow up to Tears On Tape. I still love the band. They're still my favorite band and I listen to them just as much as ever and more than anything else, I just don't think they can top anything they've already done. I don't want them to be that band that sticks around forever when they should've called it quits long ago.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
01. Black Candles
02. (Don’t Fear) The Reaper
03. The Heartless
04. Sleepwalking Past Hope
05. Warlock Moon
06. Highlands Of Hemlock
07. Blood And Fear

???

that one? 

Haddonfield

That's just a tracklisting some random person on the internet made up. No one really knows for sure what songs are on the tape. There is supposedly seven of them, though, and I've always heard that the version of Don't Fear The Reaper that's on Greatest Lovesongs is actually taken from that very tape. Sleepwalking Past Hope definitely isn't on there, since it wasn't written until Ville started working on the songs for Venus Doom. I don't think The Heartless was written until after the tape had already been recorded as well. Black Candles is a name I've heard before more than a few times dating back several years ago, but I can't remember how or why that got started. The rest of the titles, I have no idea, but they're probably all fake. It's thought that the tape was recorded in 1992, but I've also heard people say 1994. Either way, it's definitely the Holy Grail of HIM material, just in front of Slippery When Dead.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
I would be upset. I feel like HIM has at least one more album. Maybe two. After that, there will be loads of Ville solo material, as I don't see him stopping until he drops dead.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
well i heard that Loves Requiem is from that demo and it was just re-recorded on Love Metal... there is that much rumors that you cant be sure of anything, maybe there are 4 songs, not 7 .. who knows?
but we know one person who has it - Ville  ;D

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
I would be very upset. There really are no other bands around anymore that I deeply love the music from. HIM is a rare find because I love the lyrics and the words so much - they have meaning for me, so yeah I'd be pretty devastated if they quit. I cannot imagine him stopping. But I could see a hiatus....but not quitting altogether. 

Offline Jay

I'd be upset, as I'd like to see what else they can do without big label pressure.  Tears on Tape was great, in my opinion, and they seem to be enjoying playing again, so it'd be a shame to see that momentum lost.