Author Topic: Share your bands  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Inferno

Share your bands
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:48:36 PM »
This is somewhat similar to the "what are you listening to know" thread, but a little different. In this thread you pretend that you are showing your friends a band for the first time and you have 2 or 3 songs to get them hooked. Post a video or link of the band and their songs that you wish to share. I've been wanting to do a thread like this for some time so here it goes, I'll start.

Charon:
These guys broke up a few years back, but I still consider them one of my all-time favorites. Their album "The Dying Daylights", in my opinion, is their all-around best album (Song For The Sinners is a close 2nd) so I won't post anything from that album.

Give it time, the song picks up ;)

Actually sounds very similar to old-school HIM.

This is off their first album
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Share your bands
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »
well this is a nice thread and good idea Inferno
i dont know what to pick because i have more bands that i worship

my friend really likes Charon, but it still didnt grow on me

my choice is John Frusciante
well what to say about John Frusciante?..., if i wanted to introduce him to my friends i would say that he is an amazing artist and musician, he lives his music, his passion to the music, music writing .... he is really great song writer ,he wrote a lot of great stuff for RHCP, but his solo discography is really huge and wonderful
he is probably best known for Red Hot Chili Peppers where he was twice, the first time in late eighties when he was really yound and later after his drug problems  he re-joined and recorded Californication with the band, he left after 2007 tour but it was announced after few years that JF is not the part of RHCP anymore

this is my most favorite song from JF - from Curtains album

another epic piece of music / art! awesome solo - from the Empyrean album

and the last , 3rd song i have to pick is really hard because i love all his work, but i will chose this because i wanna convince my imaginary friends to try listen to John Frusciante

one of the best song writers and musucians of all time in my opinion, i am pretty jealous that i am not from USA and i never had a chance to see him performing live back in the days, it sucks :(

Offline Jay

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »
Awesome thread idea!

I'll come back when I have something brilliant to add, besides that.  :)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
I'm a big fan of this band called HER. They only have one album from like 2002, but it's good shit man. Wonder whatever happened to them??
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
HER was a complete rip off of this Finnish band called HIM. It was a Milli Vanilli situation.  Except this band stole the look, sound and an entire album. 

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »
Here is a popular upcoming band you may know - Ghost (Or Ghost B.C. in America).
I saw them play in the Uk back in 2011 and I didn't really like them, but I am now a huge fan!
They are a very unique band, in both image and music. Here's the only 2 videos they have released :

You can try and find and uncensored version of "year zero" if you want. 

Offline Inferno

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 03:05:58 AM »
Next on my list is Sonata Arctica... I can't say I listen to a lot of "speed metal" like this, in fact they're the only one lol, but I will say I really enjoy their music and they play all kinds of songs... It's not all about speed.

My favorite thing about this band is how complicated the songs are... They're not always your typical opening few lines, chorus, few lines , chorus, chorus. They tell stories with their music and it's quite amusing. My absolute favorite of this type is "Wildfire"

They have other songs that are like this, but they're not so obvious: Caleb, The End Of This Chapter,? Don't Say A Word, Juliet. Listen in that order.

And, because I live in Texas, here's one of their newest songs that has a bluegrass vibe... It's a very fun song.

~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
Sweet thread idea!!  Let me just say that I actually listen to a lot of different stuff, but I have a soft spot for bands that have heavy shredding guitars and clear voices.  Not a fan of the cookie monster here.  But hey, it's all good. This band reminds me of a cross between Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. 

Introducing WOLF, from Sweden.  They are going to be playing this year at ProgPower - hoping to be able to get the time off work and go!  Love them!!

http://youtu.be/yyPG0Ohl8g8 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Offline Kattatonia

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 03:37:05 AM »
Great idea! The band I want to share is Bella Morte, they are from Virginia, and they are definatly one of my favorites, Their music gets better with every new release...Plus Andy Deane writes great horror novels too, and he's really down to earth when you talk to him ( :

They would be a cool opener for HIM!

Earth Angel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPYhOhhwCEA# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Find Forever Gone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYdaiwCs3E# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
On the Edge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIORI2T2H8# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
My Heart Will Go on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXbFmRxM2w#ws (Embedding disabled, limit reached) Video I took when I saw them in La Crosse, WI Sept. 28, 2011 {lol...They didn't write it but they sure as fuck fixed it!)

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scSrO9Rbpww

My ex-bandmates SadDoLLs have just released a new video from the upcoming 3rd studio album called "Grave Party".
Check it out!
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:11 PM »
Today I will be singing my praises for The Power Station, their 1985 debut album The Power Station,and their second album Living In Fear (1996). The Japan Edition of Living In Fear includes a bunch of bonus tracks.  The Power Station is a supergroup made up of singer Robert Palmer, Tony Thompson (formerly of Chic), as well as Andy Taylor and John Taylor from Duran Duran (bass for Living In Fear was done by Bernard Edwards also from Chic) . Vocals for tour performances were done by singer/actor Michael Des Barres (formerly of Silverhead, Chequered Past, and Detective). My personal opinion is that it is super funky and damn sexy. Living In Fear is definitely well fitting with the name of the band because across the board for vocals, guitars, drums, and horns, it a real powerhouse. My three song picks for The Power Station are "Some Like It Hot", "Murderess", and a cover of T. Rex's "Get It On (Bang a Gong)". My three for Living In Fear are "Life Forces", "Dope", and "Living In Fear".

Get It On (Bang A Gong)

Some Like It Hot

Murderess

Dope

Life Forces

Living In Fear

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:15:53 PM by KissTheVoid »

Offline slipperywhendead

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »

Beneath The Cathedral is a bit HIM'ish too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN90v29dPis