The Sanctuary > Music

Share your bands

(1/3) > >>

Inferno:
This is somewhat similar to the "what are you listening to know" thread, but a little different. In this thread you pretend that you are showing your friends a band for the first time and you have 2 or 3 songs to get them hooked. Post a video or link of the band and their songs that you wish to share. I've been wanting to do a thread like this for some time so here it goes, I'll start.

Charon:
These guys broke up a few years back, but I still consider them one of my all-time favorites. Their album "The Dying Daylights", in my opinion, is their all-around best album (Song For The Sinners is a close 2nd) so I won't post anything from that album.

Give it time, the song picks up ;)

Actually sounds very similar to old-school HIM.

This is off their first album

616:
well this is a nice thread and good idea Inferno
i dont know what to pick because i have more bands that i worship

my friend really likes Charon, but it still didnt grow on me

my choice is John Frusciante
well what to say about John Frusciante?..., if i wanted to introduce him to my friends i would say that he is an amazing artist and musician, he lives his music, his passion to the music, music writing .... he is really great song writer ,he wrote a lot of great stuff for RHCP, but his solo discography is really huge and wonderful
he is probably best known for Red Hot Chili Peppers where he was twice, the first time in late eighties when he was really yound and later after his drug problems  he re-joined and recorded Californication with the band, he left after 2007 tour but it was announced after few years that JF is not the part of RHCP anymore

this is my most favorite song from JF - from Curtains album

another epic piece of music / art! awesome solo - from the Empyrean album

and the last , 3rd song i have to pick is really hard because i love all his work, but i will chose this because i wanna convince my imaginary friends to try listen to John Frusciante

one of the best song writers and musucians of all time in my opinion, i am pretty jealous that i am not from USA and i never had a chance to see him performing live back in the days, it sucks :(

Jay:
Awesome thread idea!

I'll come back when I have something brilliant to add, besides that.  :)

Daedalus:
I'm a big fan of this band called HER. They only have one album from like 2002, but it's good shit man. Wonder whatever happened to them??

Jay:
HER was a complete rip off of this Finnish band called HIM. It was a Milli Vanilli situation.  Except this band stole the look, sound and an entire album. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version