Author Topic: The Last Tour idea  (Read 2190 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
The Last Tour idea
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:10:57 AM »
Alright guys i took 1/2 day off from the work as i was so distracted and depressed and so i went home, played Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666 and was looking for Prague tickets online

I have an idea. As we all know how terrible this band is towards the fans when it comes to informations, website, interviews, releases and some fan-wished-efforts i realised that most likely we wont have much stuff from this farewell tour released - in my opinion - none. Last few years it was a miracle when there was some webcast, livestream, FM broadcast or some live release, video release or anything.
They mentioned that they are touring a lot and they are live band. We dont have much of the live stuff though
I wish this is not the definitive lsat tour and last band´s effort, but as i know Ville´s attitude and we are used how it always is, i would not be surprised if they never returned for more in the following years. When Ville said that HIM is done and key is turned - maybe they really locked the band and they mean to give us one last chance to see them and after that there wont be any HIM gig ever.
Now we have the very last chance to see them live and to get as much as possible for the lonely HIMless days that are yet to come. We know the community, trading, taping and stuff - its terrible, HIM has probably the worst taping, trading community since like 2005/2006.... Everyone records, but only few share. Yeah i keep stuff privately too, i am sorry for that, it will change soon.
Lets not count on miracle of some release, we wish, we pray, but honestly we know that its not going to happen, they never released shits just for money, when they release crap like Sreamworks Remixes - it was just the part of their contract with Warner, they needed one more "release" so as they wanted to leave they needed to put something out. If they really wanted to please fans with the solid record, we would have had a DVD of Love Metal archives vol. 2.........
My point is, more we hope, the greater the disappointment will be.
Fuck everything and lets really celebrate the love metal for the last time, lets be friends, lets be the best community and lets make something for ourselves at least one last time!
My idea is that we are going to see them, in various gigs, everyone from there will be somewhere from those dates to see them. I dont wanna take the last lust from you or anything, its just idea - we wont have many chances, this is the time.
I am going to Prague, no matter what i am taking my camera with 2 additional batteries and i am recording it, i never enjoyed screaming and singing along at the gig, only my first HIM gig i sang my lungs off, but i wanna have a souvenir for my last gig, and i must make it on my own, right? Or you think that they will be like RHCP to sell the soundboard recording of every gig on their website? Nah, i bet that there wont be a single proshot, sounboard song from the entire tour.
Lets get ourselves together, lets cover the tour, and record everything, bring your cameras, recorders, video cameras, camcorders, smartphones, record it, record it, record it... buy cameras, bring them, and make an effort, its for yourself too!
We can have most of the tour covered with amateur recordings and more we have the better - with many good sources we can make a nice multicam DVD/BluRay of the Farewell tour in case there wont be any official release.
we wont have more chances i am afraid and there is probably a nice chance that we will get some rarely played songs, maybe they will rotate more setlists or songs in the setlist on tour and it would be a shame if something was not recorded

anyone with me?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:19:35 AM by 616 »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
Re: The Last Tour idea
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »
I'm with you. As I said to you before, I will be recording at least audio of the MiljoonaRock show. I bought tickets yesterday. I'm not sure about recording video yet, but I'll try to ask for SBD recording from the FOH tech.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
bring the camera with you, borrow from a friend, buy some used panasonic TZ30 - enough for a great recording. Or tell friend who is going to record too
i am trying that too with FOH, or at least if i will be in the bottom and not on the balcony

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »
Try to get a hold of either their sound tech or whoever is in charge of the soundboard. Maybe together, as a Love Metal  family, we can make something happen. Jukka adds fans on Facebook. I would start there. Kelly Hitt forwarded a message to their management once. Let's make this happen!

Offline dan24591

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:57:42 PM »
I have tickets for London Roundhouse in December and I plan on doing everything I can to capture a decent audio recording of this. I think I'm going to buy a Zoom H4N or something similar for the task at hand. I'm going to find out how lenient the venue are about sound recorders first though.
15/10/2004 - 26/04/2013 - 27/10/2013

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »
I'm going to find out how lenient the venue are about sound recorders first though.
just hide your recording devide in your crotch area and you are good to go

Offline dan24591

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
I can't imagine the sound would be any good if the microphones are going to be obstructed by materials. Plus there will likely be people bumping into me.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 03:29:45 PM »
well, i meant sneaking in with it in the crotch area, then just put it out and be nearby the FOH and you are good

Offline dan24591

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 04:22:50 PM »
Oh my bad! Yeah taking it in will be a breeze. The only problem is that I'm going to want to be at the front and I know security can be dicks about any kind of recording device. I always get told to put away a GoPro..