Author Topic: Love Metal. 10 Years Ago Today.  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Nny

Love Metal. 10 Years Ago Today.
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:43:15 PM »
Love Metal came out April 14th 2003. And now today it is ten years old. What are some of your favorite memories with the album? I loved listening to it cover to cover. I remember my dad going overseas around the time of this album and coming home with it and I'd listen to it on repeat forever. I still get chills when I hear The Path. Happy birthday Love Metal!

Haddonfield

Re: Love Metal. 10 Years Ago Today.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
Found it at a Virgin Megastore in Orlando in the import section for $40. Best purchase ever.

Offline lioneyejr

• Zlo Prase
  • Cafone
  • Sme?e jedno!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »
Best album of all fucking time. I remember I had pneumonia back when The Funeral of Hearts was constantly on TV, before the album was released. I'd watch the music channel all day listening to music, hoping for that music video. Kinda funny thinking about it now, because around 6-7 years ago (may be more), when i still didn't have high speed internet at home and i got my hands on Love Metal Archives vol. 1, I saw that music video again and it was a total nostalgia trip.
Album just gets better with age and I just appreciate it more and more. My fav HIM song of all time, Sweet Pandemonium, is also up there so yeah...doesn't get any better than Love Metal for more.
It's kinda hard picking your best album though. Every single album of theirs is special in it's own way. I just like Love Metal most because. I almost quit playing guitar, and when i heard the album, i gave it another shot. Really helped me learn a lot about both playing guitar AND songwriting. Just a pure fucking masterpiece.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.

Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
Second HIM album I ever purchased, imported through Amazon.com for around $30 in the fall of 2003. Pretty sure that was a good life choice.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »
One of the best HIM albums

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 12:19:53 AM »
First HIM album I bought. I listen to it front to back at LEAST twice a month. To me, it is the definitive rock album. Can't believe it's already been 10 years, it feels like just yesterday that I bought it in 8th grade!!

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:30 AM »
Best album beginning to end. I got into HIM in between DSBH and LM. Love Metal checks off every musical box. Music is heavy when it needs to be, and melancholy at just the right moments. Some songs are hauntingly beautiful and send shivers down my spine no matter how many times I listen. And of course lyrics are just amazing. Very deep meanings and analogies.  I've said it here before, but for me The Path encompasses everything that is HIM for me

the best from the best.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Nny

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »
There are other albums I like for a variety of different reasons but I believe that Love Metal is truly the definitive album from the band. It is absolutely flawless. I cannot believe it is ten years old and I love it just as much as the first day I heard it. Pure perfection.

I busted open the ALSN vinyl box and gave Love Metal a listen front to back last night. Still gives me the same chills as when I was a child.

Offline Jay

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
Man I feel old!!

I was in college when it came out.  I had just gotten into HIM about year prior.  I love this album.  I don't see any flaws with it. 

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »
I was in college when this album hit, it was my third album as i started listening around razorblade/deepshadows time, i remember all the hype, and i met them on september 8th 2003, got both my sacrament vinyls signed by the whole band :) great time to be a him fan.