Author Topic: Seeking information about a particular promo  (Read 1240 times)

Haddonfield

Seeking information about a particular promo
« on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:42 AM »
Every now and again I like to browse through people's collections on Facebook and see what they got. There's a lot of people with some really good stuff on there. Just a little bit ago, I came across this:
http://i45.tinypic.com/f9i90n.jpg

I had to Google it, because at first I wasn't really sure what it was. After the search results popped up, I very faintly remembered the auction in which it was sold. Other than that, I can't remember any details. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

First of all, is it real? It certainly seems plausible, but I never see it talked about or even acknowledged. It kind of looks to me like something someone made themselves, instead of the record company producing it.

Second of all, what were the means of distribution and how many of them were given out? If it is indeed something the record company produced to give out for promotion, were they only given out to select people, or was everyone on the street team at that time able to get one?

Third of all, how much is it worth? I've only ever seen one in one person's collection, and it was probably the one that was sold at that auction. Other than that, I haven't seen any others either owned or for sale.

To anyone that can help me out, thank you very much in advance!

Offline six6sixways2love

Re: Seeking information about a particular promo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:05:53 AM »
that looks super sketchy.

To me, if I was promoting a new band [to the USA] I would want to have a cover pciture that shows the whole band, or at very least the lead singer.

Kind of reminds me of Flight of The Conchords :
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Haddonfield

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 04:11:30 AM »
Definitely looks sketchy, but I'm almost inclined to say it's real, just because of the person who owns it. I wish I remembered more about the auction, but it seems like it was forever ago. I hope someone here knows more about it.

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »
its real but also fan made, it was made for the Her street team many years ago (10 maybe), they did also an tshirt

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:56:11 AM »
Have you contacted the owner of the copy? I don't fully trust it because it would be so easy to make your own cover art and burn some tracks on a CD. For example, if you order the limited edition of Razorblade Romance on amazon then you always get a fake. I would know because i sent back fake copies 3 times in a row. So my point is, if the owner says that it's real and sells it to you then you will only know it's official when you are holding it in your hands.

Offline Jay

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
its real but also fan made, it was made for the Her street team many years ago (10 maybe), they did also an tshirt

I have the shirt, but I don't remember this being talked about in the team ever.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
From what I know of it, it was made by a street teamer, not Jimmy Franks. Which means its no different if I made Tears On Tape promos on my own and gave them out.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Haddonfield

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
Thanks for the information, guys! It's a cool piece of HIM history, I guess, but not really worth anything if just some random person made it. Anyone still remember how much it sold for at auction?

Offline Jay

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
Thanks for the information, guys! It's a cool piece of HIM history, I guess, but not really worth anything if just some random person made it. Anyone still remember how much it sold for at auction?

One...million dollars! *raises pinky to mouth*