Author Topic: Tears on Tape  (Read 423986 times)

Haddonfield

Re: Tears on Tape
« Reply #1875 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »
In my latest email to them, I made sure to explain this wasn't my first time contacting customer service about the same order, that I've received two different shipping dates, and asked if anything can be done besides just waiting and hoping it shows up. I've waited long enough, and you've waited long enough. Beind told to wait some more is a slap in the face and NOT an acceptable answer. I even made sure to tell them that I have ordered other items from the UK, as well as Finland and Japan, since my order from them was supposedly sent out, and all have arrived within 10 days at the very most with the cheapest shipping option possible. I told them how I rushed to pre-order the Fanpack as soon as it was put up, in hopes of receiving it earlier than those who decided to wait until the last minute to order it, but how that was not been the case. My email was somewhat harsh, but I'm obviously not very happy about this situation. I haven't received an email back yet, but I don't expect one for a few more days. If all they do is tell me to wait, though, I'm going to go off on them. I've already been waiting. I want my shit.

Offline krush

« Reply #1876 on: May 23, 2013, 12:39:36 AM »
Hey guys, I was in the same boat, wondering if my fanpack was ever going to arrive.  It finally came in yesterday.  No postcard.

I also had two email conversations with myfavemags, the second one giving me that same reply "Please contact us again in 7 days if not received".

So maybe that will give you some hope.  I'm definitely never buying from these guys again.

Haddonfield

« Reply #1877 on: May 23, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »
This whole year so far has been one big mess when it comes to the band. Still no website, Tears On Tour was cancelled, Fanpack issues, ect. I was hoping this new record label was going to treat the band right and promote them like they should be promoted. Not stuff the band down our throats with heartagram pillows and blankets like Warner Bros. did, but do everything in an organized professional manner. It's pretty sad when a band as big as HIM goes without an official website during an album release, and forces fans to turn to shit like Facebook and Twitter just to know what the hell is going on. They didn't even update the website when the tour was cancelled. It's like they don't give a fuck about their fans anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the band parted ways with Warner Bros., but at least they kept things up to date. This new record label is basically an indie label. They don't have the resources like Warner Bros. did to do things the right way, even if it meant heartagram pencils and school folders. All of that shit aside, at least they had the money to pay people to get shit done. Warner Bros. would've had that website done by now, even if they wanted to turn the band into a commercial cash cow by pairing them with Nickelodeon teen star producer Matt Squire. The band should have more freedom now, but at the expense of us being left in the dark most of the time.

Another thing I don't like is this Rock Allegiance crap. I have absolutely no interest in the other bands. It's Projekt Revolution all over again, except no Placebo to make it worth going for. I wanted to see the band headlining in an intimate club setting, but I guess I'll have to wait until at least next year for that. Maybe I'll get my Fanpack by then and I can take it with me to get signed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:26:10 AM by _Cory_ »

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #1878 on: May 23, 2013, 02:23:42 AM »
In some way It's like HIM were never meant to return. Their comeback tour was cancelled because of what happened to Ville and all their merch delivery is failing. And if they don't have a website up and running then I don't think this is all going to go down well.

Offline Nath

• Cafone
  • So I wander the dark on my own
« Reply #1879 on: May 23, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
Interview with Ville in Berlin 22.04

http://www.nachtaktiv-tv.com/interviews/interview_him_2

Haddonfield

« Reply #1880 on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
Got an email back from My Favourite Magazines, and I was not told to wait another 7 days, luckily. They said they will arrange to send me out a replacement. Great, I'll have to wait another month and still have nothing again probably. At least they're trying to help me, but this shit is still ridiculous.

Offline Jay

« Reply #1881 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »
Dude, I sent Dan the postcards last Wednesday and he got them today.  Texas to England.  I used cheap postage...

Haddonfield

« Reply #1882 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
Best case scenario, they send me out a new one and I get my old one in the meantime. What will probably happen: I'll never get anything at all.

Offline marta30

« Reply #1883 on: May 23, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
My fanpack finally arrived today (no postcard, and the package was pretty trashed, but at this point I guess I'm just glad it wasn't a lone invoice). Hopefully yours will arrive in the next few days as well.

I'm definitely not thrilled with the Rock Allegiance shit either. I sat through a lot of crap to see HIM at project revolution, and really don't feel like doing it again.

Haddonfield

« Reply #1884 on: May 23, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
Glad to see you got yours. Just got done reading a bunch of horror stories on Facebook. Multiple missing orders, as well as orders that looked as if they were tampered with in order to retrieve a possible postcard from them.

Offline marta30

« Reply #1885 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
I hadn't thought of it having been tampered with, but mine was ripped near the window where the cd is placed. I figured it was just damage from shipping, but now I wonder......

Haddonfield

« Reply #1886 on: May 23, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
You never know. A lot of people said they think that's what happened to them, because it didn't look like normal damage from shipping, it was almost as if someone opened up the package to look for the postcard and then put everything back inside.

Remember, the Fanpack version is what got leaked. Obviously there is someone involved somewhere that was getting into things they shouldn't have been.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:57:39 PM by _Cory_ »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1887 on: May 23, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
One of mine was damaged during shipping but it was clear it was from the two packs being shoved into a box too small for them.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Haddonfield

« Reply #1888 on: May 23, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »
It's entirely possible it was just shipping damage that's to blame for the people who were posting on Facebook about tampering, but they said everything was obviously ripped open and seals were broken. I haven't really seen an up close picture of the Fanpack to be able to tell how it's all held together, but I know there is a red seal on it somewhere. They said that was broken as well. It could just be an overreaction based on the situation, but when you have orders taking forever to arrive that are probably lost forever or weren't even sent out to begin with, and orders arriving without an actual item in them, it wouldn't surprise me that someone somewhere was tampering with them to steal the postcards to sell.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1889 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:46 PM »
I finally got my 2nd one today and noticed obvious tampering right away. The original just had the red sticker that sealed the package... this one had masking tape underneath it. On my first one I was able to peel back the red sticker without ripping the surface it was sticking to so it's obvious someone tampered with my second one.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline marta30

« Reply #1890 on: May 24, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »
Mine had tape on it as well as the red seal, and it came open very easily. This really sucks. Like you said, nothing would be a surprise at this point.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #1891 on: May 24, 2013, 02:40:29 AM »
Mine was completely untouched, the red seal had no tape under it. So it must be someone at customs who's tampering (If anyone is actually searching the packs).

Offline Jay

« Reply #1892 on: May 24, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
Now that I think about it, my fan pack also had tape on the seal. It kind of tore some of the package when I opened it. The packing seemed tight though, so I don't suspect anyone went through it.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1893 on: May 24, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
Both of mine had tape in addition to the seal, but it's obvious no one went through them. I'm guessing that when they packed them some got an extra taping for whatever random reason.

Offline Jay

« Reply #1894 on: May 24, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
If you got the tape in addition to the seal, then you must have ordered it on a Saturday in February, and your order number ends in an odd number, and you were one of the first 729 orders.  LUCKY!

Offline Len777

« Reply #1895 on: May 24, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »
Oh they'll get tears on tape alright... Tears on the tape of the package when they realize I stole their autographed post card.. Eh fuck it ill just confiscate the whole thing enjoy the empty package!!!!!! Muhahahahahaha!

Haddonfield

« Reply #1896 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »
I have been informed I have received my package. Jesus has risen.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1897 on: May 25, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
Praise Allah!

Offline marta30

« Reply #1898 on: May 25, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »
Finally.....Hope no one has fucked with it ;)

Offline Jay

« Reply #1899 on: May 25, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »
Praise Odin!  Now let's hope it isn't empty...