Author Topic: Tears on Tape  (Read 424094 times)

Offline six6sixways2love

Re: Tears on Tape
« Reply #1400 on: April 10, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
Does Love Without Tears remind anyone else of Pretending?

Totally hear where you are coming from on that. There is another song somewhere on the album that had very DSBH keyboards to it.

I just listened to the ToT for the first time. Eyes closed, shades drawn, music up. Really nice album beginning to end. Nothing I heard made me cringe and want to get off the sofa to skip to the next track. I still have a million more times to listen to really dissect it.

I do agree with someone a few pages back that Ville's lyrics do get drowned out at times. But overall production is really nice.

After first listen, the biggest impression for me was Ville's voice for the first minute or so of W.L.S.T.D. It sounded like he was right there in my living room. Almost as much Our Diabolikal Rapture when they push Ville's voice completely to the right side.

All the best,

A very happy HIM fan
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #1401 on: April 10, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »
I just finished listening, and I enjoyed every track on the album too. I began with "I will be the end of you" because it is the track that i've been looking forward to most. And while i was listening to it i actually started getting emotional, i was incredibly happy. The album is definitely an improvement after screamworks (Screamworks was good but not my favourite album) and overall i'm just happy that we have another excellent piece of art to add to the HIM collection.

Offline muschy

« Reply #1402 on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »
I Will be the End of You is interesting because it is one of the few HIM songs that has a different musical formula during the verse.  Not the same Gas drum beat and Linde Power Strings.  That's what I appreciate about it.

-- Love without Tears is definitely the stand out after another day of listening to it.  They should have brought the awesome Classic Rock guitar solo to the forefront of the mixing during the breakdown

-- WLSTD sounds like classic GLSV666 (Guitar sounds like they lifted it directly off of cut tracks from Venus Doom)... Simple, Powerful, and Dark.... I love it...
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline lioneyejr

• Zlo Prase
  • Cafone
  • Sme?e jedno!
« Reply #1403 on: April 10, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
I love how everyone here "knows their music" and "loves black sabbath" etc, yet you don't appreciate Lucifer's Chorale? That "song" is fucking genious, noises and all. And to the people saying the instrumentals cut the flow of the album; what the fuck are you people talking about? They're perfect transitions between songs. I know we can't all agree on the same opinion, but wtf?
It's HIM. Be happy Gas healed and they recorded something. And here's hoping this album gets a proper recognition so we get more albums in the future.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.

Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Offline Len777

« Reply #1404 on: April 11, 2013, 02:57:32 AM »
I love how everyone here "knows their music" and "loves black sabbath" etc, yet you don't appreciate Lucifer's Chorale? That "song" is fucking genious, noises and all. And to the people saying the instrumentals cut the flow of the album; what the fuck are you people talking about? They're perfect transitions between songs. I know we can't all agree on the same opinion, but wtf?
It's HIM. Be happy Gas healed and they recorded something. And here's hoping this album gets a proper recognition so we get more albums in the future.

Amen.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #1405 on: April 11, 2013, 03:16:34 AM »
not just with the instrumentals, but if you apply gapless playback through itunes, a lot of the songs transition perfectly between one another.

to the instrumental naysayers. HIM has done instrumentals before. They just put them at the end of a track instead of making a new one
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Haddonfield

« Reply #1406 on: April 11, 2013, 03:39:34 AM »
I don't mind the instrumentals as much after listening to the album. My main problem with them was when we found out there were 4 of them. The album's already short enough as it is, so it was a bit disappointing to find out that 4 of the songs were not even really "songs." They are, but you know what I mean. That being said, they don't bother me as much now. I think Unleash The Red is cool, and it's an interesting and actually great way to start the album. I've listened to the others, of course, but I didn't think they were anything necessarily special and I don't go back and revisit them ever. Once was pretty much enough. Basically, I don't have a problem with them now, but I still think it sucks we were led to believe there would be more full-fledged songs than what we got. The material makes up for that and the fact that the album is shorter than usual, but I could still live without them. I would've been bitching either way, whether we got 13 songs with 4 of them instrumentals, or 9 "full" songs. The album is fucking great, though, and that's all that really matters. Not including the instrumentals, there's not a bad song on it. They did an excellent job. Well worth the wait.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1407 on: April 11, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
i think it would be great start the gig with Trapped In Autumn as they did at Helldone shows and Turku and then Burton would play Unleash The Red and then normal songs and the outro would be nice Kiss The Void in the end of the setlist

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #1408 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35:51 AM »
Trapped in autumn reminded be of "Love you like i do" from DSBH because "Love you like i do" finishes with natural sounds.

Offline Kichardo

« Reply #1409 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
Upon a few more days of constant listening I have concluded that I love this album. Maybe I was initially let down because it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. Aside from the 2 instrumentals at the end of the album, I can't skip any of the tracks. So good.

And as another member mentioned, I'm so happy Gas recovered.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1410 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:08 AM »

And as another member mentioned, I'm so happy Gas recovered.
we all are, because it was pretty serious as Ville said, they didnt know if they will continue as a band so i am pretty happy that he is doing well with his hand

Offline Nath

• Cafone
  • So I wander the dark on my own
« Reply #1411 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
It's an amazing album. I even don't remember already what I was hoping to hear :) but I really like what I hear right now. It's good that Ville trying to sing in varied ways. I think in this album he holds back his voice a little, I'm sure in live concerts it'll be sound more powerful (I hope to see them in June at Maxidrom). But I like his singing here, so sweet, so rrromantic  :)(like Ville said) at times.
And about lyrics. Ville wanted to keep it as simple, as possible, without mystical hidden messages and yet I am sure lyrics not as simple as they seem at first glance. Lyrics in Screamworks was too complex, and encrypted for some) And something tells me that this album is dedicated to the same special person...
Definitely, Love Without Tears should be a single, perfect song to present HIM's sound, beautiful tune.  Or Hearts at War, I can't choose) they're all good.
My hearts stops at "That's right" in W.L.S.T.D, unreal feelings...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:59:17 AM by Nath »

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #1412 on: April 11, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »
Im glad with this album  for me since LM this is the best album  ( i mean DL, VD, SW) will definetly buy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:12:45 PM by Thanatos »

Offline Nath

• Cafone
« Reply #1413 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
Someone got a single Tears on Tape already. Sadly, it's not me) I thought the cover will be a little different. But this one is better. Looking nice, isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:57:24 PM by Nath »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1414 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
tomorrow this should be released so i am wondering, cover looks pretty damn GREAT!

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #1415 on: April 11, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
Beautiful cover!

Offline indii

« Reply #1416 on: April 11, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
also someone has metal hammer already. looks pretty good

credit to myattriot
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:21:10 PM by indii »

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #1417 on: April 11, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
also someone has metal hammer already. looks pretty good

credit to myattriot

Is the magazine that Ville edited?

Offline Nath

• Cafone
« Reply #1418 on: April 11, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »
No, I think it's just a hardcover edition of Metal Hammer, not from fan-pack.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:47:52 PM by Nath »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1419 on: April 11, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
wtf ??? this is a HIM fan? fuck i am ashamed , ..... these emo kids are killing the image of this band ,....

Offline indii

« Reply #1420 on: April 11, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »
oh, cmon. dont do that.

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #1421 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
wtf ??? this is a HIM fan? fuck i am ashamed , ..... these emo kids are killing the image of this band ,....

THIS!!! x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #1422 on: April 11, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
Easy guys...

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #1423 on: April 11, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »
I could care less what the fans look like these days. The first time they came to the US i wondered what the turn out would look like...then i reminded myself that i don't Care as long as they continued touring here

Haddonfield

« Reply #1424 on: April 11, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
I could care less what the fans look like these days. The first time they came to the US i wondered what the turn out would look like...then i reminded myself that i don't Care as long as they continued touring here

Wayyyyyy off topic, but did you ever find that Hamburg audio, sir?