Author Topic: Tears on Tape  (Read 424348 times)

Haddonfield

Re: Tears on Tape
« Reply #925 on: March 24, 2013, 02:20:04 PM »
Awesome, man! Thank you very much! :)

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #926 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »

I hope it was as you wanted  :D

Offline Jay

« Reply #927 on: March 24, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
I was gone for a day and now that i've checked the post i have no idea what everyone is talking about.

Lol that happens.  You leave and we all start talking about semen.

Dan, you know of a band called Leogun?

No i don't haha are we mixing HIM song titles with Leogun titles?

Haha no. But they are from London and walked into a restaurant I was at last night. They were playing a show at a near by bar. I didn't see their show but looked them up later and they sounded pretty good.

Offline Mindulizz

« Reply #928 on: March 24, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
YleX report from of Tears On Tape listening party at Finnvox on March 22nd.

Entering into the building and walking past dozens of gold/platinum records hanged against the wall. HIM's manager Seppo Vesterinen runs busy in corridors with cell phone to his ear with the band (with the exception of Ville) sitting on Finnvox famous sofas. Mini fridge is full with beer, sidukkaa, spirits, sparkling wine and vitamin water in all colors. The first to arrive journalists are invited to fill glasses and enjoy the snacks.
Three moments later Ville arrives and everyone are ushered to Finnvox spacious B-studio.

"No one is daring to sit in the front row. Hey, where's the fatman?", Ville with his eyes searches the band's drummer Gas.

Gas keeps calling out from the back row with some friends. Valo heads with the group over to the front row. Universal's representatives praised Tears On Tape album listening can begin.

"Sk??l and kikkeliskokkelis!", shouts HIM-singer of their new album early before listening starts and walks away from the desk. "I've heard the album a few times". Valo jokes staring the music with rising red cheeks.

The record is really impossible to give one criticism of listening. Yes, it sounds like HIM; you can hear doom, Black Sabbath, Type O Negative, a bit of 70's glam, a little tiny bit of psychedelia and also Dingoa. Melodic, atmospheric and familiar. Many of the songs start with a very different tone than the end, a song may initially sound like a children's nursery rhymes and end with heavy-doom-cadence. Atmosphere is buzzing, some listeners entered their own worlds, as many people have their eyes closed.

"My favorite songs are When Love Starts to Die and Into the Night. They spring from the Millennium pre tags. This reminds me of our first meeting. I remember very well when their first album came out, and the band has been to me very relevant. A special feature is the fact that I have never interviewed Ville Valo, even though almost all other domestic artists I had. It's a bit like me as editor of Mount Everest", Hintikka jokes.

Many on the spot describe the album as difficult to digest(?) after the first hearing.

"The disc is made with a heavy hand and does not disappoint anyone. Yes, I liked it very much, it made me a bit confused, which is only a good thing. It was ultimate HIM, but a step in a new direction was taken. It requires to be listened again", New Mountain says.

Difficult for yourself to keep the opening a good thing.
"I've never heard an album, which would have sounded fantastic after the first listening. It will have to be listened to a few times, remember what it is about. However, there is a lot of information, words, melodies and harmony. I try to excuse myself desperately here", Valo chuckles.

Journalists and critics' attitude towards the album can also be affected by many factors.
"It's Friday, the sun is shining, there's a little chill in the air. Yes, it all seems good. In fact I want to hear for myself the important orchestras to music alone. It is important for being able to close your eyes and go into the world of music. This is most extraordinary thing that we are together in the same space, a bit like the church", Valo laughs.

(translated and all credits go to  Team Heartagram via Facebook)
Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste. - Charles Bukowski

Haddonfield

« Reply #929 on: March 24, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »

Yep! Exactly what I needed! Thanks again! I'm trying to extract the logo now from that original picture I linked to and make it white, but it's not turning out so well, haha.

Offline Kichardo

« Reply #930 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »
So did the album really ship early to some people? Or are you guys being as sarcastic as usual? lol.

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #931 on: March 24, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »

Yep! Exactly what I needed! Thanks again! I'm trying to extract the logo now from that original picture I linked to and make it white, but it's not turning out so well, haha.

Now you want the logo? Let me try. That will helps me to distract me from my break up.

EDIT: Here we go man, I'm not sure if it is as you wanted.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:52:30 PM by JulienVlad »

Offline Jay

« Reply #932 on: March 24, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
So did the album really ship early to some people? Or are you guys being as sarcastic as usual? lol.

It came way early...like the first time I hooked up with a girl, hahaha

Haddonfield

« Reply #933 on: March 24, 2013, 09:51:09 PM »

Now you want the logo? Let me try. That will helps me to distract me from my break up

I thought I could do it by myself this time, but I failed. If you would like to try, I'd definitely appreciate it!

The logo is actually available on this site as the logo that shows a new post. It's in black, though, and I'm needing it in white.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:53:48 PM by _Cory_ »

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #934 on: March 24, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »

Now you want the logo? Let me try. That will helps me to distract me from my break up

I thought I could do it by myself this time, but I failed. If you would like to try, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Sorry, see my previous post!

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #935 on: March 24, 2013, 09:54:49 PM »

Just give it up man. It's never coming out. I mean, I've got my copy that Seppo personally sent me, along with a lock of Mige's chin hair.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:56:04 PM by Daedalus »
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Haddonfield

« Reply #936 on: March 24, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »

Sorry, see my previous post!

That is perfect once again! You're the man! Thanks for taking the time to help me out not once but twice!

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #937 on: March 24, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »
Boys, I'd better see some suckin' and fuckin' goin on now.

Offline Jay

« Reply #938 on: March 24, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »
I believe there is. Behind the scenes stuff.

Offline RStrauss1111

« Reply #939 on: March 24, 2013, 10:05:14 PM »
This is all just too much to take in. Haha Im laughing then Im confused then laughing again

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #940 on: March 24, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »
This is what happens when you put out a hundred versions of an album and we all sit around waiting. I've been enjoying this, its helping the time pass...carry on.

Offline lioneyejr

• Zlo Prase
  • Cafone
  • Sme?e jedno!
« Reply #941 on: March 24, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »
Jokes aside, the official site is still stuck on the same password thing. Something's probably going to happen on friday in 2 weeks, seeing as it's the 5th.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.

Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #942 on: March 25, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »
The Finnish single release is supposed to be the 5th, but I haven't seen anywhere that a physical CD is available.

Offline lioneyejr

• Zlo Prase
  • Cafone
  • Sme?e jedno!
« Reply #943 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00:59 AM »
That's true. There probably isn't one. We'll see. I was just saying about the site; something should happen by then.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.

Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #944 on: March 25, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »
Does anyone have the metal hammer 241 with Sabbath on the cover? There's a review of helldone id like to read if anyone could scan it or something. Thanks in advance

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #945 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #946 on: March 25, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »
Ah nice, thank you

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #947 on: March 25, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
That is perfect once again! You're the man! Thanks for taking the time to help me out not once but twice!

Your welcome man, I try to help always!

And nice cover for Tears On Tape single, I like it

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #948 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »
JulienVlad: are you skilled in photoshop?
could you make 455x455  cover with Razorblade romance like backround but instead of Ville there would by Cosmic Pope from Deep Shadows booklet and this old "logo" the heart and 666 in it like it is on the greatest lovesongs vol 666 ?

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #949 on: March 25, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »
JulienVlad: are you skilled in photoshop?
could you make 455x455  cover with Razorblade romance like backround but instead of Ville there would by Cosmic Pope from Deep Shadows booklet and this old "logo" the heart and 666 in it like it is on the greatest lovesongs vol 666 ?

I think I will try, just send me the image files and I will work on it.