Author Topic: Tears on Tape  (Read 424043 times)

Offline Len777

Re: Tears on Tape
« Reply #475 on: March 10, 2013, 01:01:49 PM »
I'm interested to see what HIM's Facebook post is speaking about. They said they have news regarding tears on tape. I hope they say because of popular demand and leaks they're pushing the release date up and putting it out sooner like they did with xx two decades of love metal. Lol

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »
I'm interested to see what HIM's Facebook post is speaking about. They said they have news regarding tears on tape. I hope they say because of popular demand and leaks they're pushing the release date up and putting it out sooner like they did with xx two decades of love metal. Lol
i want them to announce there will be some special edition of ToT with some bonuses (and i  dont mean that metal hammer fanpack with KoD and BABL from finnvox)

Offline eairthrow

« Reply #477 on: March 10, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
Oh guys, Love Without Tears preview is truly amazing. I'm so happy about this album. After hearing these previews I'm sure this gonna be one of their best records. (in my opinion of course) Maybe not a new direction from the guys but the vibe is placed very well. Now I have pretty similar feelings when I waited for Love Metal to be released back in 2003.
I'm fine but I hear those voices at night...

Haddonfield

« Reply #478 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »
Hopefully they're announcing a version of the album with a fixed vocal version of I Will Be The End Of You, and the instrumentals replaced with b-sides that should've been on the album instead anyway. 8)

Offline eairthrow

« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
Hopefully they're announcing a version of the album with a fixed vocal version of I Will Be The End Of You, and the instrumentals replaced with b-sides that should've been on the album instead anyway. 8)

Yeah, same feelings about I Will Be The End Of You. Somehow the vocal sounds weird.
I'm fine but I hear those voices at night...

Offline estrella

« Reply #480 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
I hope they say because of popular demand and leaks they're pushing the release date up and putting it out sooner like they did with xx two decades of love metal. Lol

Well, there's not really that much demand because atleast I haven't seen that leak anywhere  ;D

Offline Gannicus

« Reply #481 on: March 10, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »
Maybe they announce another break, hahaha.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #482 on: March 10, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
i dont  understand why so many instrumentals...  anyways hope they release some new songs as  bonus tracks

Offline indii

« Reply #483 on: March 10, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »
video perhaps or official site open

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #484 on: March 10, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »
4 songs totaling 6:21. Shortest LP too. It'd be different if all the lyrics we're about new topics, but they're just recycled themes with new words. And the instrumentals seem like long intros.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Inferno

« Reply #485 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »
We can't really be upset... Sleepwalking past hope was just a bunch of stuff thrown together that they had no use for, that's why it was so long. Really no difference between doing that and making 4 separate and much shorter songs.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #486 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »
I'm happy with this album  :)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #487 on: March 10, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
I don't know why, but whenever I hear Into the Night it reminds me of this:
[/

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #488 on: March 10, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »
Since there's been some complaining about TOT album length I went and compiled these (ORIGINAL tracklists):

GLS: 41:49
Razorblade: 43:20
Deep Shadows: 41:44
Dark Light: 45:19

So yes, TOT is the shortest LP, but barely. It keeps in line with most of them. For those keeping score, Screamworks is the longest, trailed by Love Metal and Venus Doom.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:14:16 PM by Daedalus »
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #489 on: March 10, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »
i just wish it would come out already and really hope they make some kind of special edition cd for the US or atleast a preorder for the actual cd not just the mp3 version on amazon
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #490 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
i just wish it would come out already and really hope they make some kind of special edition cd for the US or atleast a preorder for the actual cd not just the mp3 version on amazon
Amazon lists TWO physical versions coming from Razor and Tie...one is some sort of "Limited Edition".

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #491 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
Amazon lists TWO physical versions coming from Razor and Tie...one is some sort of "Limited Edition".

oh they do? thanks i didn't even notice haha i was too busy listening to the previews
as a limited edtion i want them to have a heartagram.com only like they've had for darklight, venus doom, and screamworks
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #492 on: March 10, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
Fuck heartagram.com. Yeah, I said it.

Offline Jay

« Reply #493 on: March 10, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »
Fuck heartagram.com. Yeah, I said it.

Such blasphemy! I think somebody said that Amazon was also selling the Metal Hammer fan pack. 

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #494 on: March 10, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »
If they have a special edition and it includes a lithograph or a t-shirt I'm not buying. I still regret wasting money on Saint Scream or whatever it was called. (and the t-shirt for the remix thing.)

I saw the Metal Hammer fanpack on the UK Amazon. It's also on eBay for $65.

Offline Paratisii

« Reply #495 on: March 10, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
I love my Saint Scream, it's framed right next to my bed.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #496 on: March 10, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Hot Topic edition with bonus Bam Margera stickers.

Haddonfield

« Reply #497 on: March 10, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »
Since there's been some complaining about TOT album length I went and compiled these (ORIGINAL tracklists):

So yes, TOT is the shortest LP, but barely. It keeps in line with most of them. For those keeping score, Love Metal is the longest, trailed by Screamworks and Venus Doom.

Keep in mind that GLS had 9 songs, RR had 11, Deep Shadows had 10, and DL had 10 as well. None of those songs were instrumentals or short intros/outros into other songs. TOT has 13 and it's still the shortest album yet. If you take out those 4 "other" songs, the album's only 34:37 long. I think a lot of the disappointment stems from originally being excited for 13 new full-fledged HIM songs, but the album's still short no matter how you look at it, and it's definitely somewhat of a disappointment to me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #498 on: March 10, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Hot Topic edition with bonus Bam Margera stickers.

This one?  This one does have his bonus track "Bend My Dick To My Ass"

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:41:26 PM by Jay »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #499 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

So yes, TOT is the shortest LP, but barely. It keeps in line with most of them. For those keeping score, Love Metal is the longest, trailed by Screamworks and Venus Doom.

Keep in mind that GLS had 9 songs, RR had 11, Deep Shadows had 10, and DL had 10 as well. None of those songs were instrumentals or short intros/outros into other songs. TOT has 13 and it's still the shortest album yet. If you take out those 4 "other" songs, the album's only 34:37 long. I think a lot of the disappointment stems from originally being excited for 13 new full-fledged HIM songs, but the album's still short no matter how you look at it, and it's definitely somewhat of a disappointment to me.
Can't really argue that a lot of those songs were longer than they needed to be though... Look how long WLADE was for example.
[/