Author Topic: Tears on Tape  (Read 424049 times)

Offline Gannicus

Re: Tears on Tape
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
Oh, thanks a lot about the welcome :) It was a pleasure to post this here.
I've been looking this forum for about two years but I didn't post anything.

I really liked All Lips Go Blue and I Will be The End of You, but with TOT I'm starting to worry about the pop of the album.
They promised us a album with super heavy riffs, dirty songs and Love Metal. Yet is better than Screamworks I want some atmospheres and long songs.

I think we are hearing the "pop" side of the album 'cause it's the promotion and the "metal" songs will be the last ones on the album.

(Sorry If I made some grammar mistakes, I'm currently studying english so I'm not as good as you, sorry, haha)

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
I remember when was the promotion for Screamworks, they released 3 songs, Heartkiller, Like St. Valentine and Shatter Me With Hope. Probably left one song to hear before the big day?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
I like the fact that we are *potentially* localizing singles...and hitting with random radio blitzes. A song that is popular in the UK may not be what's popular in Russia and likewise, the US. MANY artists have been localizing singles for decades...it's nice to see HIM finally doing the same thing.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Len777

« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »
Well fuckin'a maybe we here in he is will get another one!

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
It depends what "Into The Night" sounds like. We'll get whatever the poppier of that or "All Lips Go Blue" is.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
and now i am looking forward to see the first music video , hopefully as soon as possible

Offline Len777

« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »
What the hell is the hold up with the website? Heartagram should be up anyway now...

Offline Jay

« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
What the hell is the hold up with the website? Heartagram should be up anyway now...

Fuck it. We'll pick up the slack. :)

Haddonfield

« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »
They really dropped the ball with the website, but they've dropped the ball for years with it so it isn't really that surprising.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
Yeah i didnt think about the official site for 3 days.... so the point is - we need songs not website  ;D

Back in 2010 they launched the site month before the release of screamworks. Now we have 50 days until release date. So lets say around 20 march should be up including a music video.

This morning I've decide to stop listen Lips Go Blue because after so many replies  I've stop feeling what I felt the first times. And now what? ANOTHER NEW SONG!  :P

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
New HIM bio buried on the R&T site, includes info on first US single and other songs:

'"There's a lot more to a record than simple notes, lyrics, and sounds. An impactful piece of music always remains wrapped in emotion. Love, hate, sadness, and joy resound at the greatest decibel imaginable. At the end of the day, a song's feeling will carry on as long as the melody will?and just as loudly.

HIM holds that philosophy in the highest regard on its eighth full-length studio album, Tears On Tape [Razor & Tie]. The platinum-selling Finnish quintet?Ville Valo (Vocals), "Linde"  (Guitars), "Mig?"  (Bass), "Burton" (Keyboards), and "Gas" (Drums)?finds rapture in divine rock 'n' roll hooks, eerie synths, and elegantly cinematic lyrics. You'll undoubtedly feel each tear they shed.
After touring heavily behind 2010's Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, Chapters 1-13, the band began taking its next step musically. However, it wasn't as easy as these five musicians might've hoped it would be.

Suddenly, in 2012, "Gas" had sustained a repetitive strained injury in his hand, and his doctors weren't even sure if he would ever play drums again.
"We were heartbroken," admits Valo. "We waited eight months for him to heal. During that time, I wrote most of the material on the album with an acoustic guitar at home. It was a mechanism for coping with the stress. I had to do something so I focused on trying to make the songs the best they could possibly be. By a lucky miracle, 'Gas' healed up, and we were able to start this next chapter together."

That "next chapter" sees Valo and Co. venture into a new territory once again, while upholding the pillars of their patented "Love Metal" of course. They cut the album in their native Finland at Helsinki's Finnvox Studios, the site of some of their seminal work including their debut Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 and 2003's Love Metal. In addition they tapped longtime collaborator Hiili Hiilesmaa for production and Tim Palmer [U2, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Rober Plant] for mixing. The record also boasts paintings from long-time friend BBC Radio's Daniel P. Carter as cover art.
Always evolving, Valo mined inspiration from doo-wop of the '50s and the '60s, examining personal relationships, and pondering existential questions.

"It was a pretty solitary time," he goes on. "The last album I was really in my head. This time, I was constantly looking around me. I wanted this to be super simple. I kept coming back to imagery and harmonies fifties artists like The Ronettes or Roy Orbison would use. I wanted to describe humongous moments of emotional revelation as simply as possible. At the time, the summer was coming to an end. In Finland, the sun doesn't go down at all for summer. Then, it gets super dark in winter. The seasonal changes are very heavy. You can feel them emotionally and physically. The leaves had started falling, so it was like I was describing the autumn of a man?a Finnish man to be exact."

That autumn commences on the first single "All Lips Go Blue". A potent, powerful riff stands punctuated by foreboding keyboards, plaintive acoustic guitar, and a melancholically sweet melody. He reveals, "It's like a memento mori track. We're all going to die, so let's not worry about it now. Let's live first. That's how I see it.  The song combines everything we collectively love as musicians. It's a good indication of where we're coming from, but it doesn't reveal everything."

Instrumental segues such as the intro "Unleash the Red", "Trapped in Autumn", "Lucifer's Chorale", and outro "Kiss the Void" also expand the sonic palette add dramatic intricacy.
"I channeled Dario Argento and Goblin," laughs Valo. "Those parts allow the album to breathe and give it a sense of otherworldliness. Plus, having the intro is a very metal thing to do. Ozzy Osbourne and Iron Maiden did it!"

As the seas of the album swell, everything culminates to a brutally blissful close on "W.L.S.T.D." Brooding, bombastic guitars slip into the void of a whirling hook carried by Valo?"When love starts to die, so will I."

"Love is my world," he affirms. "I'm dependent on relationships, emotions, and the fact of having somebody I care for and would die for. I'd say that everybody is."
In many ways, the shimmering title track encapsulates the entire collection's mindset. "The lyrics to that song have a double meaning," he continues. "It's where I was emotionally when autumn was coming. At the same time, most of the lyrics are based on me describing my favorite songs growing up. Tears On Tape are the tears my favorite artists shed on tape. They created the musical milestones in my life. It's a love song for music. If life is a vinyl record and somebody lifts the needle, it ends. Like a record, life rotates into different moods and places. It's the sonic companion from birth until death."

Death always sounds good in HIM's hands. Since forming in 1992, the band has cultivated a truly diehard global fan base that wears the "Heartagram" logo proud. Over the course of seven previous albums, they became the first Finnish act to reach platinum sales in the U.S. Overall, they've surpassed sales of 1.75 million albums and over 1 million digital downloads in North America alone. Teaming up with Razor & Tie, they're marching into their next phase with Tears On Tape.

For Valo, autumn has begun and HIM is shining brighter than ever. "The whole thing needed a cinematic feel," concludes Valo. "We're microscopic beings in the big picture.  It's very personal. At the end of the day though, everybody has their secrets, but a lot of people hold the same secrets. We all live through the same seasons." '
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:21:58 PM by Daedalus »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »
Wow... I remember a couple weeks ago when I saw "W.L.S.T.D." I wondered what it could stand for... Never thought I'd actually be right 8)

"When love starts to die, so will I" - Love it!
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »
When the original track listing came out it was listed at "When Love Starts To Die".

Offline Inferno

« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
Buggers... oh well, why you gotta kill my mood man? lol.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Len777

« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »
I want to hear the album version of I will be the end of you so fucking bad.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
Buggers... oh well, why you gotta kill my mood man? lol.

It's ok, it's still real to me, dammit.  ;D

Offline Jay

« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
 :-\

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »
Speaking of still real to me, I have to come up with a tribute video for Paul Bearer for Saturday night...I hate making tribute videos.

Offline Jay

« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2013, 12:36:49 AM »
Where do you guys rassle at?  I used to be close with Mr. Tito at LordsofPain (I used to write there a while back).  He would always send me backyard wrestling videos.  I love it...some of those guys are out of their minds.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »
Bedford, it's like 20 minutes west of Dallas.  We have a deal with a gym, Metroflex Midcities, and we get to keep our ring up there all the time to run our training school and then do shows twice a month. Facebook.com/MPXWrestling. Cheap plug.  :D If anyone checks out the site...try and guess who I am  ;)
And yeah, I remember Tito. I used to read his columns every day!

Haddonfield

« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:03 AM »
What's your finisher?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:14 AM »
Sitout facebuster

Haddonfield

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2013, 01:01:16 AM »
Ok, X-Pac. ;)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2013, 01:08:19 AM »
Sometimes I do it with them in the corner, I get up to the top rope and bring them down face first. Hurts like a bitch.

Offline Jay

« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »
Bedford, it's like 20 minutes west of Dallas.  We have a deal with a gym, Metroflex Midcities, and we get to keep our ring up there all the time to run our training school and then do shows twice a month. Facebook.com/MPXWrestling. Cheap plug.  :D If anyone checks out the site...try and guess who I am  ;)
And yeah, I remember Tito. I used to read his columns every day!

Haha, that's awesome.  I used my detective skills to figure it out. ;)  I watched your intro video and then I saw a clip of you in action.  Seems like a lot of fun!  I think Inferno is also a Texas boy.  I used to write a column called "Dead Bodies Everywhere" at LoP.  I started on Tito's Phat Pharm, but then moved up to the main page for a while before I quit.