Author Topic: Trimming the Fat  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Jay

Trimming the Fat
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
Usually Winter is a good time to bulk up as you can hide your fat with a horrible looking holiday sweater.  But, this winter, we're going to slim down a bit.  I'll be going through the forum and taking boards out that we don't use anymore.  It's not a good look to see a board not posted in for months at a time. 

Nobody has the heart to tell that poor board that nobody likes them.

If you have suggestions, let me know.  Power to the people!

Offline Florianhermanni

Re: Trimming the Fat
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:23 AM »
Usually Winter is a good time to bulk up as you can hide your fat with a horrible looking holiday sweater.  But, this winter, we're going to slim down a bit.  I'll be going through the forum and taking boards out that we don't use anymore.  It's not a good look to see a board not posted in for months at a time. 

Nobody has the heart to tell that poor board that nobody likes them.

If you have suggestions, let me know.  Power to the people!

Sounds like a really good plan. My first thought is that the simpler it gets the fresher and more vitalizing it will be. There is always an option to keep an archive but I wouldn't overload it.
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »
In celebration of XX - Two decades of love metal, maybe there should be a new skin/theme?

Offline shirmila

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 03:55:44 AM »
Hi Jay,

I do think that is a good idea. There are posts that have been sitting there for quite along time that no one posts on. Will you take into consideration people like me who post in certain topics at in frequent intervals but always do come back?

This forum is the forum I have been signed up to the longest and still post on. I guess that does say something about how good the forum as I do keep on coming back.

Offline Jay

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »
Shirmila, Which forum is that?

Offline Jay

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
In celebration of XX - Two decades of love metal, maybe there should be a new skin/theme?

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds good. 

Offline Howie3045

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
looking forward to seeing the changes. things are about to get busy in the HIM universe

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
If you are in the mood to play a bit...you know how much even only the layout can do to refresh people's excitement. :)
The Screamworks design is somehow related to this long pause that we have all been suffering from.

Offline Jay

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
The layout of the site?

I can do that, but it's always kind of been themed around the current album (except Love Metal and before), so I guess just Dark Light and Venus Doom before, haha

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »
yeah...but that's what I meant...for some reason I considered the upcoming compilation as a new album...makes more sense to wait till Tears On Tape if you don't wanna change it twice within a couple of months...

Offline Jay

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »
After three months of bullshitting, it's coming true today.  If you come back and there are boards and posts missing, you know why.  I don't see the need in keeping posts/topics/boards that are horribly inactive. 

Any suggestions, let me know.  Thanks!