Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Jay

Suggestion Box
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
Decided that this didn't need a whole section to itself.  Let us know where you feel we can improve.

Haddonfield

Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »
I think it would be cool to have a chat feature. I've seen at least a few message boards before with them embedded on top of the main boards page. I don't know how much work it would be to implement, or whether or not it's even possible here. There are times when there's a bunch of people online, though, and no one posts anything because there isn't really anything important to talk about. I think it would be cool to bullshit and just talk about whatever with whoever's online in real time without clogging up the boards with a bunch of useless nonsense, and without going through the hassle of exchanging PMs. It may seem redundant, since a message board is pretty much just one large chat, but like I said, I've seen message boards with them before and it always seemed like a cool idea for here to me. I don't think it would take away any from people actually posting on the forums, it would just be for when there isn't really anything worth posting, but you feel like chatting it up with some other HIM fans.

Offline Jay

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
We had one a while back, I liked it.  It was IRC based though, so a lot of people had issues with it.  I'll look into it.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
Try to make it easy to use... Shoutbox or fast access (one click button around the page). Kind facebook chat but in room session.

Not like a separated page with login box and then connect and then chat... i think its too many steps to access.

Offline Jay

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:31 PM »
Try to make it easy to use... Shoutbox or fast access (one click button around the page). Kind facebook chat but in room session.

Not like a separated page with login box and then connect and then chat... i think its too many steps to access.

Agreed.  It was purposely hidden last time (just like an Easter egg).  But it was difficult to access once it was found.

Offline Len777

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
I think it would be nice to have the message board have a mobile version like the main page. Don't know how easy that would be but makes a lot of sense to me atleast with all the iPhones iPads iPods and Android mobile devices people use today.

Offline Jay

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:50:07 PM »
SMF used to automatically do it, but with the custom theme, I don't think it works like that anymore.

Offline Len777

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »
I only suggested because I don't know about anyone else but I'm always pinching to zoom in and out all the time trying to post and what not.

Offline Jay

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:16:01 AM »
Yeah, me too.  The default theme had it automatically, but I'm going to look into it today.

Offline Len777

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »
Anyway we could get this forum working with tapatalk app for iPhone? That would be sick!

Offline Politex

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
"Recent Topics" should have an auto refresh just like the new chat , it would be very helpfull
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline Jay

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
Tapatalk? I'll check it out.

Politex, you mean on the portal?

Offline Politex

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
Yes, just beneath ( or below? ) the new chat "Chatterbox" is "Recent Topics", that one.
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline Jay

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
Ok I'll see if there's mod or setting for that.