Author Topic: For those of us banking on a reunion tour + future plans?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline GoneWithTheSin2018

For those of us banking on a reunion tour + future plans?
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:59:16 PM »
Hi there! Long time lurker and HIM fan (first show was in 2004, last show in Phoenix this October)

It's hard to imagine that HIM will be no more in just a few days. Other than having rose colored glasses on, does anyone think they'll eventually reunite, if only for a show or two?

I keep thinking about interviews where Ville says that they don't make a ton of money, which is not hard to believe considering the music industry nowadays. I don't see them getting "normal" jobs but what I do know  :P
It sounds like at least Ville has plans after this to take his in-progress songs and make a solo album. Will HIM fans support this enough to be sustainable? Given their complete lack of interest in social media, it's hard to see Ville doing promotion outside of the standard fare to get people's attention for his work. In my experience, I only found out about their breakup through Metal Injection off a random Google search.

Of course, money isn't the only motivator in life, but Finland is expensive from what I hear  8)

So, is HIM is done forever, or will they see the demand their Farewell created and come back in some form down the road? What do you see the bandmates doing next?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:21:59 PM by GoneWithTheSin2018 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: For those of us banking on a reunion tour + future plans?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
well, Linde is already a Music Instructor, although, who knows how much money that will pull in? Maybe he can be a session guitarist for other bands. I imagine the guys have advisors working for them, managing their money, or maybe they have enough in the bank to live with the help of a normal job. I can see Ville working as an artist or having a job somewhere in Finnvox [the hipster life] as for Mige, and Kosmo, who knows? Burton I can also see working as an instructor.

As far as a reunion, I wouldn't know, although I hope we get at least one last official release.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:56:50 PM by SIRJARVIS01 »