Author Topic: **NEW** HIM NEW ALBUM AND SINGLE INFO  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
**NEW** HIM NEW ALBUM AND SINGLE INFO
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
So most of you have a facebook, and if you go onto the official HIM page you can see the great new info, but this post is just incase you dont have facebook-

HIM will soon (around october) be releasing a new compilation album named "XX- two decades of love metal"
Also, on september 21st (i think) HIM will be releasing a new single named "strange world" which is a cover of an old song originally written by Kevin Grivois in the 90's. A music video will also be released with this.
Winter 2012-early 2013 is when the new album should be out. this will be titled "tears on a tape" and is supposedly going to sound like the early days of HIM when they were influenced by black sabbath. So we can hope for the new album to sound like GLS666. I hope this info has helped :).

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
Re: **NEW** HIM NEW ALBUM AND SINGLE INFO
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
"Tears on Tape" doesn't sound very album namey to me, but I'm so pleased and excited for it that they could call if whatever the fuck they wanted and I'd still jump through hoops to get my hands on it.

The thought of it sounding like early material turns me on haha.

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
really hoping ToT is just the working title. Other than it sounding kinda boring. It lacks the same motif that they have used since GLS
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
They broke away from that with Screamworks. Terrible fucking name. Straight up "Love in Theory and Practice" would have been so much better. That said, being that they haven't even recorded yet, it's possible that they will change their mind...but I dobut it. Ville probably came upon that name before or while writing the songs and intends to stick to it.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
I figure the title's been on his mind since the VHS tape cover on SWRMXS.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »
Hmmm well, i dont know but... hmm we will see
especially when that something will be out...

another compilation? for what? DVD like Love metal archives would be better anyway.... volume 2,...
but ok another compilation the same songs like join me and wicked game..

and that title Tears on Tapes reminds me Bob Dylans album Blood on the tracks

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
They broke away from that with Screamworks. Terrible fucking name. Straight up "Love in Theory and Practice" would have been so much better. That said, being that they haven't even recorded yet, it's possible that they will change their mind...but I dobut it. Ville probably came upon that name before or while writing the songs and intends to stick to it.

But the full title of Screamworks still had the contradiction in it

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:10 AM »
I'm hoping the album's got it's own sound and doesn't mimic an earlier one.
I think that's one of the beauties of HIM's discography, every album's had it's own feel to it. There's no two that I'd peg together as sounding the same overall style  - there's always a twist or turn in them to make them stand out. :)

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:38:47 AM »
For better or worse, yes, early album has different feel. I just started re-listening to them on heavy rotation, and it's funny because there are songs I used to looooove before and I find myself skipping over them now because it doesn't fit what is currently going on in my life

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »
Am I the only who thinks Tears on Tape is one of the best album titles they have?   ??? It sounds me veryy natural, himic, an old demo, greatest lovesong style....  :o

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »
Am I the only who thinks Tears on Tape is one of the best album titles they have?   ??? It sounds me veryy natural, himic, an old demo, greatest lovesong style....  :o

When it comes to album title and the title only...I guess my fav is 'Razorblade Romance' followed 'Tears On Tape'.
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 04:52:20 AM »
Razorblade romance is greatest title they have, but Love metal is good too
and Tears on Tape seems better than Venus Doom and Screamworks titles to me
no matter how that new album will sound, i hope they will tour a lot ,fans deserve that

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 06:25:16 AM »
A few people might say how "Tears on tape" sounds a bit lazy for an album name, but there are so many possibilities with this new album, HIM might release a new single named tears on tape and i could be your personal new favourite song. Also, now HIM are releasing 2 albums in a short period of time, this should cause a lot popularity. What i mean is we could see new merch, i think they have enough music videos to create a love metal archive vol.2 and possibly even an uneasy listening vol.3.

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
A few people might say how "Tears on tape" sounds a bit lazy for an album name, but there are so many possibilities with this new album, HIM might release a new single named tears on tape and i could be your personal new favourite song. Also, now HIM are releasing 2 albums in a short period of time, this should cause a lot popularity. What i mean is we could see new merch, i think they have enough music videos to create a love metal archive vol.2 and possibly even an uneasy listening vol.3.

True for the part that there are many possibilities on how the album will sound like...since they haven' even decided on a record label for TOT. Regarding the merch I am not too sure...I mean Ville even had heartagram.com go down for a long time because he was feeling the whole thing was loaded with merch stuff...and lost the real sense - the music. He wants to show again what the band is capable of doing. I wouldn't mind if there is not much promo and merch going on. I rather hope for another mind blowing album that gets compliments all over the place.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:00 AM »

True for the part that there are many possibilities on how the album will sound like...since they haven' even decided on a record label for TOT. Regarding the merch I am not too sure...I mean Ville even had heartagram.com go down for a long time because he was feeling the whole thing was loaded with merch stuff...and lost the real sense - the music. He wants to show again what the band is capable of doing. I wouldn't mind if there is not much promo and merch going on. I rather hope for another mind blowing album that gets compliments all over the place.

Florianhermanni  THUMBS UP +1

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »

Florianhermanni  THUMBS UP +1

Thanks HIMfan_fromSVK...thumbs up for you...well, the real new stuff is still like 6 months from now...but in 3 weeks we should already sing-along to "Strange World" :) I'm already playing it on my guitar...it grew so fast on me...

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »
Have you been on the store recently? Items are slowly re-appearing, im not sure if this is because WB wants some extra cash but if Ville didnt want the merch craze, it makes me wonder why this has happened.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
Which stores? What items?
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 04:38:54 AM »
Florianhermanni - yes it is really nice song and i can imagine how it will sound in HIM tune you know what i mean

in one way i am really glad that Gas is ok and they will tour again and making new stuff after a while, but in the other way i am kinda afraid because expections are high and i dont know what to expect to not to be dissapointed after releasing new album. I am just afraid that i am not going to like it like for example Venus Doom
and another thing that i am really freakin´ scared of is : live gigs. Yes, if i remember and i really remember as a bootleg collector their Screamworks tour was for me terrible because of Burton´s singing, if you look on their tour and if you are not tone deaf and music deaf you can clearly hear how OFF key burton was (for example Rock Am Ring 2010) ... brrrr just terrible for me   :D or my "favourite" ruining of great song by Burton - chorus of pretending here:

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:43 AM »
I am just glad they finally updated the heartagram page.

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
anyone else waiting impatiently for the "Strange World" video to be released? It's not even 3 weeks until single release...usually video is out 1-2 weeks before...
checking HIM sites and google every day  :(

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
anyone else waiting impatiently for the "Strange World" video to be released? It's not even 3 weeks until single release...usually video is out 1-2 weeks before...
checking HIM sites and google every day  :(

+1 

I've been searching for news for moths, every day, right now I'm searching for any information about the single, like tracklist and maybe a preview...
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline Len777

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 02:02:21 AM »
http://blog.dark-light.us/2012/08/17/strange-world--xx---two-decades-of-love-metal-info.aspx

Says here Strange World will be released digitally on September 21st.

Offline valo66.6

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »

can't get enough of the new cover strange world, herd it this morning via youtube.
Dont Fear -{H}-{I}-{M}- The Reaper

Offline Howie3045

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:16 AM »
really digging the intro to strange world.