Author Topic: XX - Two Decades of Love Metal  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
Re: XX - Two Decades of Love Metal
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »
It's a sculpture by Stefan Lindfors.
I wasn't keen on it at a first glance but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me.
I look forward to seeing the rest of the album art! :)

[EDIT]
Found a photo of the sculpture in production! ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:16:14 PM by Errin »

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline Inferno

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
Album cover isn't anything special, but it is just for the compilation album. I'm pretty sure "Tears on Tape" will have a much better album cover.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
Hmm don't like the cover...probably prefer ALSN...

I think  this compilation it is very smart decision... I hope KE cover will be more like Wicked Game cover then the Solitary Man or Poison Heart. If the cover is good this is gonna be a big chance for the band to be played on the radios and TV's again....after... phff 6 years?

And if that happens this is gonna be very good advertisement for the new album...

if not.... not big deal.... new song and a video so soon!!!! haayy sweet!  ;D

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
Album was released today on iTunes in a couple of countries. (US not one of them, yet)

Haddonfield

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
Bought this today after I went and picked up my check. Not that I'm complaining, it was only $7.99 and it's another piece to add to the collection, but it's definitely something that was just thrown together and not much work was put into. My booklet even has two sets of fingerprints on the inside that were there before I even touched it. How? I don't even know. One thing I liked and found kind of funny though, was there's a part of the booklet that says "thanks to everybody we might have forgotten" but there is no thank you section, so I guess they forgot everybody.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »
Bought this today after I went and picked up my check. Not that I'm complaining, it was only $7.99 and it's another piece to add to the collection, but it's definitely something that was just thrown together and not much work was put into. My booklet even has two sets of fingerprints on the inside that were there before I even touched it. How? I don't even know. One thing I liked and found kind of funny though, was there's a part of the booklet that says "thanks to everybody we might have forgotten" but there is no thank you section, so I guess they forgot everybody.

Haha I saw that "Thanks" on my copy too. And don't worry, I think the fingerprints are part of the design. I was a little confused as well  :D

Haddonfield

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 05:24:13 AM »

Haha I saw that "Thanks" on my copy too. And don't worry, I think the fingerprints are part of the design. I was a little confused as well  :D

Definitely a weird design choice if those are indeed intentional. It's like someone was eating a cheeseburger at the time they were printing them up.

On another note, I bought some new headphones along with the CD, and you can really tell the difference between Strange World and the other songs. I thought once I had it on actual CD, the level of polish would be better, but it's not. It's still a great song, but a lot more quiet and a hell of a lot less punchy than even something like Heartache Every Moment. Not to say the quality is necessarily bad, but compared to the rest of the songs it is. Shouldn't be a problem with anything on the new album, though, but it still has me worried.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »
dance floor rivals-do you mean sound quality of Strange world on CD?? or quality of the song itself?

Haddonfield

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
Just the sound quality. Not the song itself.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
yeah, exactly, i heard it too on my hifi
i told myself : hmmm they probably forgot to master Strange world to sound like other songs ,or maybe it was meant to be like that because maybe its a new song, and cover ... who knows
do you like Strange world? the more i hear it, the less i like it, i dont know why, but i dont like the chorus that much

Haddonfield

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
yeah, exactly, i heard it too on my hifi
i told myself : hmmm they probably forgot to master Strange world to sound like other songs ,or maybe it was meant to be like that because maybe its a new song, and cover ... who knows
do you like Strange world? the more i hear it, the less i like it, i dont know why, but i dont like the chorus that much

The song itself is good. Not great, but good. It's just hard to listen to very much because it doesn't sound as good quality wise as other HIM stuff.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 02:33:27 AM »
Im not sure if its my stereo but when i play my XX CD strange world is far more quiet than all the other tracks....I hear strange world and then when join me comes on i have to turn down the volume haha.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »
thats what i've noticed too! Strange World its not louder and cleaner like the other tracks.

Haddonfield

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
I'm glad some people agree with me and understand what I'm talking about instead of always just assuming I'm trying to be negative over nothing for the sake of being negative, haha.  8)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
Strange World was produced and mixed in-house, so to speak, by Hilli, Jesse Valo, Sebastian Bisso and Tim Palmer. This would account for the sound not being similar to the rest of the tracks. Basically, the band put this together on their own dime and this is the result. You can't really fault them for it.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 02:16:26 AM »
Of course not, i was just saying something i noticed.