Author Topic: "The Sad Cult of H.I.M."  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

Re: "The Sad Cult of H.I.M."
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »
That was such a hate piece...I guess we're all lower class sad-sacks.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
It is kind of crazy how many people I know despise HIM for one reason or another. I have a really good friend who is constantly finding new music of all types, yet absolutely refuses to listen to HIM under any circumstance. This is a guy who likes anything from The Beatles to Carley Rae Jepsen unironically, and the only bands he hates is the one whom this site is dedicated to. He's just one of many I've encountered like this.

If I ever won the lottery I'd love to find out where all the HIM fans hide; I mean empirically study it. I know they exist, I've had my eardrums nearly ruptured by their lustful screams at every concert I've attended, and I've seen evidence that Hot Topic has indeed sold items with Heartagrams on them in large quantities. Where the fuck are all these fans, and why is it that NONE of them ever seem to be the people writing and thinking about the band critically on mainstream music websites? I can't remember the last review of a HIM album I read by a non-convert that didn't at best give the music a resounding "meh."

I've often wondered if we're all just irrationally in love with a shitty-to-mediocre goth rock band. Then again, Vincent van Gogh was a commercial failure in his day.

Offline Heartagram dan

• ][=][--][--][V][-
  • Mobbed Up
  • She'll be right here in these arms!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »
The only reason HIM is frowned upon is because its people who say stuff like "No they're not fast enough, i cant listen to this because i am a hardcore speed metal head." And its kind of sad because when you concentrate on the lyrics (which is what makes HIM famous) then you'll realise that HIM have lyrics good enough to compare to the likes of legendary rock bands. It shows us how nobody cares for lyrics its all gotta be about the double bass drum and the single note guitar riffs.