Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 21396 times)

Offline Inferno

Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »
The Last Airbender was really a great family film, and the lead actor child star was amazing in the role for someome so young. I can't wait for the second movie.
The Last Airbender could have been better IMO. I don't know what they could have improved on, but there was just something missing. They did well in making sure that it directly followed the cartoon. I think it could have used a bit more action.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jay

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »
I saw the 3D version.  It was pretty good, but could have been more exciting.  The fight scenes were alright.  There are supposed to be more following right? I've never seen the cartoon...

Offline Inferno

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
Yeah... there's one for each element. The first one was the entire Water book/chapter or whatever. If the movies follow along with the cartoon then the next will be the Earth book and then finishing off with the Fire book.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline shirmila

« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »
I watched Megamind and have to say it was one of the funnier animations that I have seen, there is plenty of laughs and the storyline really is good. Yes it is a little bit cheesy in parts but the pros really outweigh the cons on this.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
Monster..................anyone else understand what the hell this was about, what was the weird part at the end with the 2 monsters getting all touchy. Maybe it's just to intellectual for me, or I just hadn't drunk enough vodka and lime when watching this, everything seems good when you have had a few. 

Offline shirmila

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2011, 06:14:40 AM »
Did anyone else see Faster with the Rock, it was a pretty good action film with an ok plot, the Rock didn't have too many lines in the film. I like the Rock's films as he is a good entertainer in both comedy and action films.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
Exit Through The Gift Shop is an amazing documentary that started off focusing on street artists, however the documentary ended up being about the film maker who just decided halfway through filming that he wanted to be an artist. Watch this film it will surprise you.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »
I thought Exit Through the Gift Shop was boring, but then again maybe that's just because I don't really "get" street art. Now if you want to see a documentary that will change your life pick up Man On Wire. It's the story of a man who tightrope-walked across the World Trade Center Towers during their construction. It shows the story of how they planned it and got through security (this was super illegal). It's like watching a real life Ocean's movie.

The only new film that has really blown me away this summer was X-Men: First Class. By far the best of the series, and one of the best comic book movies ever; second or third perhaps to only The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2. Michael Fassbender's Magneto is equal parts James Bond and Malcolm X, and blows what Sir Ian McKellen did in the first 3 X-Men films out of the water.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »
X Men First Class is an amazing film and I have to say the best in the series. It has an amazing cast and the script is writting well. I hope they make another film with this cast because they are much more interesting to watch than those in the other film.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
I watched the last Harry Potter film and have to say it was alot better than the previous 2 films and it does do the book justice. The makers managed to restore the balance between dialogue and action which was greatly lacking in the previous 2 movies. It is worth checking out if you liked the earlier films.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE AVENGERS MOVIE.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
I recently watched Super 8 and have to say it was surprisingly good. It kind of had that same0 feel about it that films from the 80's had like Goonies and Explorers. Yes I am this old. The young cast performed well, the dialogue is a bit lengthy but the over all story is pretty good.

BTW my favourite 80's film is the Breakfast Club.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
I watched the film The Help which I have wanted to see since I heard about it last year. I have to say this film was amazing, the strong and emotional storyline does give you alot to think about and the scenes of great sadness and happiness really do connect with you. The story and cast are amazing and this has to be one of the best dramas I have seen in a long time.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
Dammit,  few weeks ago i was w/ my gf on The hunger games,... and whole freaking cinema dummies watched their eyes off, and i almost died...because it was so boring ewwww

I hope American pie reunion will be better, well i will see this friday xD
But still the biggest surprise was Into the wild....

Offline shanemaloney

• Picciotto
  • Your pretty face is going to hell
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »
Oh yea i cant wait to see american reunion.
Id say its gonna be epic :D
Cant wait to see what stiffler has up his sleeve :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:15:08 PM by shanemaloney »

Offline shirmila

« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I want to watch Dark Shadows.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
As I have been on holiday in the USA for the last two weeks and the cinema there is a damn site cheaper I went and saw 3 movies out there.

The Avengers which was absolutely brilliant and has to be my favourite Marvel Movie so far, the auction is brilliant the it has plenty of laughs too a great family movie.

I watched the Hunger Games and to tell you the truth after hearing most people around me rave about how amazing this movie was, was a little let down because I actually found the film didn't live up to what people were saying about it. At the of it I thought this was a good movie, but the idea was too similiar to Battle Royale to me which is one of my favourite Japanese films.

I watched MIB 3 and I really did enjoy the film and have to say that was mainly down to Josh Brolin doing an amazing job of portraying the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones character, the film has loads of laughs and a good storyline and the action is amazing. I really liked the film and is great for family viewing.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »
As cheesy as the movie was I really liked Joyful Noise, Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah really did some class acting and the music in the film was amazing. Very good feel good movie.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
I watched Whip It on DVD last week and it's a briliant gritty chick flick. The film focuses around a girl who wants to be different and joins a girls roller derby team. The film has plenty of laughs provided by Drew Barrymore and Juliet Lewis is brillaint in the film. Great fun and action and something completely different.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »
I watched Rock of Ages on DVD this week and absolutely loved it. The 80s rock soundtrack is brilliant. Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin were brilliant. Grant the story was a bit cheesy but with music that good who cares. Love it